NBC Sports Edge Forums

Starting CF who put up 10-10 HR-SB in a shortened season. It looks like he’ll be leading off for a loaded lineup and could have a good shot at a 20-20 season. The risk is with his BA, but he should be good for OBP leagues. 

Thoughts on the 24 year old?

I heard a great comp for him last year and it was Shin Soo Choo (prob with a slightly lower BA)

This is a guy who will get you a bit of everything and will hit at the top of a loaded SD lineup. He has 95th percentile sprint speed.

Its not completely out of the realm of possibility for this guy to be a first rounder at some point. That’s his upside

I could see him as very frustrating to own. For example, he'll go on an 0-16 skid and then hit 2 HRs in one game (after you probably benched him). I don't think he's very consistent, but he should have a monster # in runs scored if he hits atop that lineup. A lot of quiet games in between monster ones.

He hit 9th vs lefties last year so 8th or 9th after the pitcher is possible this year. Growing vs lefties is definitely a possibility thus always leading off but in redraft I'll pass at his ADP that is 99% based on a up and down 60 game season.

1 hour ago, turner46 said:

He hit 9th vs lefties last year so 8th or 9th after the pitcher is possible this year. Growing vs lefties is definitely a possibility thus always leading off but in redraft I'll pass at his ADP that is 99% based on a up and down 60 game season.

He wasn’t that bad against lefties last year, so I wouldn't be surprised if they give him a shot to lead off against them. 

• Like 2

Defense should keep him in lineup.  As much as I love him I am not sure there is much value in his ADP.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Latest word on Grisham. Annoying situation for those drafting in the next few days. 

Disagree, this is a blessing for those who haven’t drafted yet. Mild hamstring is like 3 or 4 weeks probably. He might miss a week of season time or less for a draft discount.

47 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Disagree, this is a blessing for those who haven’t drafted yet. Mild hamstring is like 3 or 4 weeks probably. He might miss a week of season time or less for a draft discount.

I hope so, I just got him in the 6th round 85th overall in a NFBC Draft Champions where I started Cole, Castillo, Woodruff and clearly needed to catch up offensively. Hopefully tomorrow the re-evaluation in the morning goes well.

https://www.mlb.com/padres/news/trent-grisham-hamstring-injury

"I don't want to get ahead of ourselves or anything like that until we evaluate -- does it tighten up, does it lock up tonight?" Tingler said. "We'll wait and see how he feels."

"Initial reaction -- it's something he's done in the past, and so I kind of trust Grish on his feel there," Tingler said. “But sometimes those things can change overnight.”

My strategy is to load up on high avg hitters in the first 3 rounds, and get guys like Grisham. 

Just finished a 12-teamer, with last pick. Grabbed Freeman/Ramirez 12/13 and then grabbed DJ/Ozuna at 36/37 

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to see if he makes it back in mid-April.  Mateo has a hold of the job right now, and has had a decent spring both offensively and defensively, but I am curious to see if he can deliver for the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Hellgrammite
56 minutes ago, Hellgrammite said:

Interesting to see if he makes it back in mid-April.  Mateo has a hold of the job right now, and has had a decent spring both offensively and defensively, but I am curious to see if he can deliver for the next couple of weeks.

"Mateo has a hold of the job right now" -- ehhhhhhhhh...think you'll see more profar than mateo.

4 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

"Mateo has a hold of the job right now" -- ehhhhhhhhh...think you'll see more profar than mateo.

Either one will take a backseat when Grisham returns. 

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a very legitimate path for Grisham to be a top 3 round pick next year, and possible a 1st rounder.

1. He cuts down on the Ks which helps his BA
2. He gets the green light to run a lot and his elite speed is able to capitalize that

25 HR, 25 SB, .260 is very valuable