NBC Sports Edge Forums

Returning Injured Players- ROS Outlook

Ok boys how we feeling about ROS for returning players after ASB? I am currently stashing A. Gordon, JJJ, Mitch, Nurk, LeVert in different leagues and im pumped to see them back. Do we think a returning Bog can get back into form? What about Love?  

I’m holding JJJ, Nurk, Nance and Smart in some leagues and let me tell you getting a few of these guys back would feel like you just made a trade. Some of these players have played sparingly or not at all in JJJ’s case. They could be difference makers down the line. 
I’ll be watching the Nance/Love situation, but I don’t think Bogey does enough consistently to make waves. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Greco888 said:

Exact same situation. Hunter hopefully back for playoffs.

Saw a report that Hunter is meeting with doctors to see if he needs another injection shot

Im holding JJJ.
At this point I'm not expecting much usage/minutes-wise considering how deep Memphis are, and how cautious with him they are.  Will probably try to package him with another player to get that league winning trade before the deadline.

If not, as things stand now, in week 17 (which is the playoff finals of my league) Grizzlies have 4 games, none of which are B2Bs so maybe the bastard wins me the league. It would be only fair considering I drafted him hoping he plays MLK day (anyone remember that?) .

Edited by BenSimmons25
3 minutes ago, BenSimmons25 said:

Im holding JJJ.
At this point I'm not expecting much usage/minutes-wise considering how deep Memphis are, and how cautious with him they are.  Will probably try to package him with another player to get that league winning trade before the deadline.

If not, as things are now, in week 17 (which is the playoff finals of my league) Grizzlies have 4 games, neither of which are B2Bs so maybe the bastard wins me the league. It would be only fair considering I drafted him hoping he plays MLK day (anyone remember that?) .

Haha when JJJ said his return was going to be quicker than people expect? Yea....still waiting JJJ

• Haha 2

There's almost no common denominator among these players other than the fact that they won't be playing the next few days. Discussion about their returns would be more useful if posted in their individual threads.

6 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

There's almost no common denominator among these players other than the fact that they won't be playing the next few days. Discussion about their returns would be more useful if posted in their individual threads.

So go comment there 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

Thoughts on Marcus Smart, Larry Nance? 9 cat 10 Teamer. They are sitting in my waiver wire.

Will Smart rest b2bs?

Nance be effected by Love's return? Will they run Nance/Love/Allen at the same time?

I'm holding both in my IR in a 10 teamer

This week I’ve grabbed White & LeVert and tomorrow will grab either Gordon or Love. My league are most focussed on winning games now then stashing which helps me.

No room for Nurkic unless I drop Kanter.

7 hours ago, Squall said:

This week I’ve grabbed White & LeVert and tomorrow will grab either Gordon or Love. My league are most focussed on winning games now then stashing which helps me.

No room for Nurkic unless I drop Kanter.

I would grab Nurkic over any of those (while White might be an exception), so pick Nurk instead of Gordon or Love tmrw.

• Like 4

Interested in what Nance might bring to the table - considering the Cavs got Drummond out of the way, could he start producing them popcorn stats worthy of rostering in points leagues? Or do they cancel each other out with Allen?

21 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Interested in what Nance might bring to the table - considering the Cavs got Drummond out of the way, could he start producing them popcorn stats worthy of rostering in points leagues? Or do they cancel each other out with Allen?

My worry is that with Allen being involved heavily, that leaves Nance on the outside looking in for defensive stats. Rebounding numbers go down and he shoots more 3s 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

My worry is that with Allen being involved heavily, that leaves Nance on the outside looking in for defensive stats. Rebounding numbers go down and he shoots more 3s 

Wonder if he could mitigate some of that through being able to facilitate more, or is that similarly hampered by Sexland?

1 hour ago, brickcitymamba said:

who da f uck knows... who the F knows  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have Wood, Nance, Hunter, Whiteside, FVV and Haliburton on IR at the moment. 

Waiting patiently for the first three, the last 3 aren't really "IR" but excited to have them back too.

2 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Waiting patiently for the first three, the last 3 aren't really "IR" but excited to have them back too.

6 IR slots?

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

On the same team? You punting wins? Is ‘games played’ a category in your league that you’re also punting?

I can see you doing this long term to stash a bunch of high potential guys that may have been dropped- Nurk, LeVert, Gordon, JJJ, maybe even Nance (although he’s capped by Love returning from injury and Wade emerging). Whiteside won’t go to a team that will make him a focus and people say he’s washed so I don’t think he’s a good hold just to see if he gets traded anywhere (Kings have been happy to let Jabari Parker rot the whole season). Hunter won’t be back until maaaaybe the fantasy playoffs and he’ll be on heavy restrictions so IMO he’s also a bad hold. 

Edited by claptondecheeks
  • Haha 1

What do you fellas think of Delon Wright's return? I am reading Hayes will be back after the break and DSJ has looked decent and is younger. Delon is also on a cheap deal and could get shipped but I know Casey loves him