NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kyle Tucker 2021 Outlook

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What utterly useless statistical gibberish. You can do that to anyone. In 66 PA from Aug. 11-25, Mike Trout hit .179 with 3 HR. In 60 PA from Sept. 11-25, he hit .234 with 1 HR. That's 126 PA - m

You really want to bench Kyle Tucker for Chas Mccormick in April? You realize it's not a 10 team league where they can just pick up some guy off the waiver wire? Their other starting OF Myles Straw, h

Every year we get new guys to the forum who don’t understand how fantasy baseball, or just baseball in general, works. So first, welcome!  It’s still April. Baseball plays a long season. 162 games!

Posted Images

4 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Not changing my opinion of him regardless of today, but Ross Stripling (R) at home. I'll predict an XBH at least, hopefully a dong. 

RBI Double 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

RBI Double 

Stripling just couldn’t best him!

Today was the big day his managers were waiting for, with an RBI triple off Pearson and later a 3R bomb against the pen. Good to see on offense.

Defensively, he made a somewhat flashy play on a ball to right, in which he stood in place with his glove outstretched fully 4 seconds before the ball landed right in the mitt. Cool play to watch, I like to see some style, don't get me wrong. I'm sure in his mind he's 100% sure he's making that catch every time, and who am I to say otherwise.

However...this is the old school argument...there is nothing to be gained and everything to lose on the 1% chance he misplays it this way. So, maybe it's just me, but I imagined Tucker coming back to the dugout after the play and Dusty Baker giving him this speech:

• Haha 1
On 5/7/2021 at 4:12 PM, brockpapersizer said:

Not changing my opinion of him regardless of today, but Ross Stripling (R) at home. I'll predict an XBH at least, hopefully a dong. 

XBH in 4/5 games since this.  Dong today, on base 3 times. Expectedly heating up.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

humor me and lets take away his first cup of coffee where his ops was 439 with 0 hrs and 1 sb in 28 games.

thats leaves 117 gp- 21 hrs, 15 sb, 76 rbi, 70 runs.

not bad considering he has under performed.

Edited by colepenhagen

#2 ranked player over the last week. #31 over the last two weeks in my league. Guess he finally decided to start hitting the ball where they aint 😉

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Pretty quiet in here.

Last 25 Games:

vs Lefties

.333 AVG

.381 OBP

.692 SLUG

4 HR

vs Righties

.367 AVG

.433 OBP

.583 SLUG

2 HR

Has raised his average from below .200 to .260 which is pretty damn impressive.  

Edited by StartYourStuds
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, StartYourStuds said:

Pretty quiet in here.

Last 25 Games:

vs Lefties

.333 AVG

.381 OBP

.692 SLUG

4 HR

vs Righties

.367 AVG

.433 OBP

.583 SLUG

2 HR

Has raised his average from below .200 to .260 which is pretty damn impressive.  

Username checks out. I approve of this post. Hadn’t looked into his splits but that’s really good to see. He’s been killing it. Maybe those new fangled stat machines know a thing or two. Pretty sure he’s like 97th-98th percentile in xBA and xSLG

• Like 2
11 hours ago, KrunK said:

Username checks out. I approve of this post. Hadn’t looked into his splits but that’s really good to see. He’s been killing it. Maybe those new fangled stat machines know a thing or two. Pretty sure he’s like 97th-98th percentile in xBA and xSLG

image.png.ad7e91ab44d1b63f504f4f2c7650f5af.png

• Like 1