NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kyle Tucker 2021 Outlook

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Based on what evidence?

Most people have very minor side effects, or none.

Basing it on a fantasy perspective really.  McGee looked like the best closer in baseball.  Since the vaccine he hasn't been the same.  Hope it doesn't affect Tucker.  

Edited by B&F

15 minutes ago, B&F said:

Basing it on a fantasy perspective really.  McGee looked like the best closer in baseball.  Since the vaccine he hasn't been the same.  Hope it doesn't affect Tucker.  

Basing it on your perception of how it might’ve affected one individual?

Sounds legit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StartYourStuds said:

Tucker is looking rail thin tonight. Hopefully this doesn’t affect his season. I know players put on extra weight in the off-season in anticipation for the season long grind.

He was fine tonight, he looked dialed in. Had a couple hits and a couple walks. Not elite velo like he's used to, but he didn't get anything to drive. The caught stealing was a bummer, but Wynn made a great throw. He's probably not 100% yet, but he will get there. All in all a solid first game back. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

last 159 games 29 hrs, 20 sb, 96 runs, 102 rbi

If he puts up something close to that this year, probably a few more HR and a few less SB, he's likely going 2nd round, yeah?

On 6/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, B&F said:

I am sure it was the vaccine.  Stuff is garbage.

This take is even more garbage than Kyle Tuckers first 2 months!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2021 at 2:58 PM, mavsfan23 said:

If he puts up something close to that this year, probably a few more HR and a few less SB, he's likely going 2nd round, yeah?

too early to tell. have to see how sp respond ros with the lack of spin/grip crutch. o numbers as a whole could be up.

tucker top 5 in difference between his ba and xba, wOBA an xwOBA and top 10 difference between SLG an xSLG.

his ceiling is higher than what his number. looks like now. 270 hitter last 3 years with room for improvement.

3 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Where’s yours then? Show us how it’s done pro 

Do you even have any idea what the discussion was about?

No, of course you don't. If you had read what I quoted, which you clearly didn't, you would have seen that I was responding to a guy who blamed Tuckers cappy stretch on the covid vaccine.

So what you're asking me, is for "where is my take on how covid vaccination affects players"? Well that's a pretty stupid question because anyone that has common sense will tell you that the vaccine is not going to cause long term hitting slumps and certainly wasn't responsible for anything going on with Ticker outside the 3 days or so directly after he got his injections

On 4/22/2021 at 8:03 PM, mks said:

do all those dumb hard hit pct  launch angles and barrel rate stats  tell you which AB.s he is hitting the ball hard and which ones he striking out or hitting weak Gounders to thr SS? If a player is crushing balls in less meaningless ABs tand hen stinking up the place in more meaningful ABs then what good is hard hit rate if he is only hittingyrhe ball hard in ABs that are not high pressure. crushing a 115.3 double down the line leading off a inning with your team up or down 6-7 runs means about nothing. Like today wiffing with the bases loaded is more of what kind of hitter you area NON clutch bum.

Where ya at mks?! All that poo poo'ing in his one bad month and you can't even come in and root for Kyle 'Crushing it where they aint' Tucker when he's been raking for 3 months? 

spacer.png

Statcast page is looking extra juicy, 99th percentile in xBA and 97th in xSLG. Glad he will be a mainstay in my keeper core for the foreseeable future.

Edited by KrunK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, crafty said:

From AJ Mass:

Why exactly are we all buying in on Kyle Tucker? ... In his first 88 plate appearances last season, he hit .193 and in his last 81 PAs, he scraped out a .243 average. In between, he had a stellar 59 PAs where he hit .423 with five homers and 24 RBI (kick-started by a pair of games at Coors Field). Take that slice out of his 2020 and we're looking at around a 40-game sample of a guy who hit .217 with four home runs and 18 RBI. This is top 50?

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball/story/_/id/30984958/fantasy-baseball-roundtable-which-prominent-player-avoid-all-costs

Tucker currently sits 34 on the Razball player rater.

Just a reminder than even taking account that ESPN is absolute trash analysis and has been forever, that AJ Mass is absolutely terrible even within the low bar ESPN has set. I swear everyone that works there is grandfathered in and has no accountability and ESPN doesn't care.

Tucker is really good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Just a reminder than even taking account that ESPN is absolute trash analysis and has been forever, that AJ Mass is absolutely terrible even within the low bar ESPN has set. I swear everyone that works there is grandfathered in and has no accountability and ESPN doesn't care.

Tucker is really good.

AJ Mass more like AJ A$$ AmIRIGHT!!!!  Seriously though ESPN is a cesspool!!! They aren't even focused on sports anymore but rather other things that don't need to be discussed on a fantasy board.  Anyway I haven't watched or listened to anyone from ESPN in years now.  Didn't even know who AJ Mass was until you posted this tbh.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:29 PM, brockpapersizer said:

Tucker is really good.

Yep.  They’ve fallin’ off in b-ball too.  The add/drop column is always several days late and a fistfull of bucks short.  Eric Karabel’s schtick can be boiled down to telling everyone what they already know.  

Edited by 80version
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 80version said:

Yep.  They’ve fallin’ off in b-ball too.  The add/drop column is always several days late and a fistfull of bucks short.  Eric Karabel’s schtick can be boiled down to telling everyone what they already know.  

At least he's got some schtick, b/c I enjoy the East Coast accent and am fascinated that a person could go their entire life without drinking coffee OR chewing gum. I am always miles ahead of him and Cockroft. Its simplistic advice and in a way I find it valuable as confirmation of where I'm at. Yes, as brock said, the ESPN campus seems like a bunch of tenured professors who wrote a dissertation 20 years ago and has taken up permanent residency in their office, with their feet up on their desks, and hammocks at the ready, which is actually a thing Karabell talks about regularly.

• Like 1

Just now, Richard Kimble said:

At least he's got some schtick, b/c I enjoy the East Coast accent and am fascinated that a person could go their entire life without drinking coffee OR chewing gum. I am always miles ahead of him and Cockroft. Its simplistic advice and in a way I find it valuable as confirmation of where I'm at. Yes, as brock said, the ESPN campus seems like a bunch of tenured professors who wrote a dissertation 20 years ago and has taken up permanent residency in their office, with their feet up on their desks, and hammocks at the ready, which is actually a thing Karabell talks about regularly.

I stopped listening to the fantasy focus podcast so long ago. When Berry/Nate did it, it wasn't the best fantasy advice but it was fine and at least it was entertaining. Once they left, Sleeper and the Bust became the default for me. It was much better entertainment and actually good advice. Once Nando left, it became a lot worse.  Not sure what the best is. Batflip crazy podcast is really good but so dry. Baseball HQ might be the winner by default.  I can't imagine listening to Karabell/Cockroft. Tenured professors is a good analogy except they didn't even put out great work in their prime.

• Like 1

Oh he’s around. Probably traded KT for peanuts a few months back and is avoiding this thread like the plague. 

Big improvements on his k-rate this year. Hope in the future he can get his BB rate around the 10-11% mark where he normally was in the minors. 

Edited by KrunK
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Any news on him returning soon? I'm sure there's lots of us debating between Tucker and Myers in weekly leagues. If Tucker comes back it makes Myers' PT a little more questionable, but they could both potentially be starts in this week if Tucker is back. Would much rather just roll with the safer bet in Tucker if he's back. McCormick's injury could clear it all up very easily, but it's risky business in the Houston OF this week. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Any news on him returning soon? I'm sure there's lots of us debating between Tucker and Myers in weekly leagues. If Tucker comes back it makes Myers' PT a little more questionable, but they could both potentially be starts in this week if Tucker is back. Would much rather just roll with the safer bet in Tucker if he's back. McCormick's injury could clear it all up very easily, but it's risky business in the Houston OF this week.