NBC Sports Edge Forums

Which 5 Keepers in an Auction? - WHIR

Which 5 guys should I keep in my 6x6 (OPS and W% are extra categories) 11 team $260 auction league? 13 hitters (C,C,1b,2b,3b,SS,OFx5,UTx2) and 10 pitcher slots with NO bench (other than unlimited IL).

Yordan Alvarez - $14

Keston Hiura - $14

Alex Bregman - $23

Trevor Story - $18

Adalberto Mondesi - $23

Yu Darvish - $23

Zac Gallen - $15

Kenta Maeda - $12

Story, Maeda, Bregman, Hiura, Darvish probably in that order. The cut line is very hard, the last three keepers are very tough choices. I would be a little more inclined to keep Alvarez and Hiura if you are swinging for the fences, coming off a down year and needing a few chances to cash this year. Bregman is a bit safe but in an OBP league that adds allure. Gallen is the only one I don't like taking a chance on, but I'm more into foraging cheap upside SPs late than I am catching a rising star so that's party personal preference.

Story, Galen, Bregman (ops boost). Alvarez (big ops boost) and maybe darvish?  Although I don’t think the difference between Maeda and darvish will,be that big.  All nice choices, welll done.