NBC Sports Edge Forums

Which set of prospects would you prefer? WHIR

10 teams, H2H points. We keep 6 MILB and 4 MiLB players. Pitching is slightly favored.

Set 1:  Rutchsman, Carlson, Luzardo, Gore

Set 2: Carlson, Luzardo, Gore, McKenzie

Leave link for help, thanks!

Really it comes down to Rutchsman or McKenzie...

Being a points league, I can see leaning to McKenzie...esp given the fact he will likely contribute this year and Rutchsman most certainly won't. Obv AR is the the much higher rated prospect, but catchers get overrated imo. He has bigger name value and I'd attempt to deal him.

• Like 2

I'd take a chance on AR. If he pans out, you've got C locked up for a while which is always a pain in the behind to deal with during the season. McKenzie seems to have a lot going for him, but his skinny and has had arm issues in the past, with a velocity dip during last season that I haven't full investigated yet. McKenzie is nice, but he has his warts is all I'm saying. Might as well take the risk on C where if he pans out could really be difference maker.

If you're able to trade AR, like @ST. STEVEN suggested, I'd be ok with that too since it's likely that his trade value won't be higher.

Help me?

• Like 1

Set 1 easy for me.  Adley gonna be special and a huge advantage at the wasteland that C is.  Mckenzie had some velocity drops at the end of the season last year, which is kind of a red flag to me

• Like 2