NBC Sports Edge Forums

Framber Valdez 2021 Outlook

51 minutes ago, dan said:

My point was that the signing shouldn't make anyone assume that Valdez will be out for the entire season. It's way too soon to tell. That's all. 

I mean the doctor recommended a procedure that would cause him to miss the entire season... so.... I think it’s reasonable to say he’s likely to miss the entire season rn?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://climbingtalshill.com/2021/04/22/video-framber-valdez-throwing-off-mound/

Could you imagine that split finger!?

because i play keeper and dynasty leagues and he's a great pitcher. he also stayed in the game after this happened and continued to pitch. if he's out 3 months like brett anderson was in 2014, he will

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

I mean the doctor recommended a procedure that would cause him to miss the entire season... so.... I think it’s reasonable to say he’s likely to miss the entire season rn?

I haven't read about that. 

2 hours ago, Whizzinator said:

yeah, that probably explains your posts in this thread...

Actually I was wrong. I had read that. I was, and still am, skeptical. See post above.

Now if you want to jump to conclusions that's up to you.

Btw, maybe you should just ignore my posts. I won't mind. Go try and pick a fight with someone else.

Edited by dan

Lots of info available on the old internet for those who want to engage; no reason to ask basic questions here and certainly not to then criticize those who answer the questions.  Roster Resources within Fangraphs has depth charts; the former Rotoworld has lots of updates.  And then there's twitter.  It's not hard to know what's going on if you put in a little effort.

Astros depth chart is on the team's website or, for a different perspective, here: https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/depth-charts/astros 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

So what are we looking at for a minimum.  1 month 2 months? 3months?

My only frame of reference is Brett Anderson, 3 months.

1 hour ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Oh, Heyman with an erroneous report? Shocked (not shocked)

In his defense, it sounds like the initial thought was it would require surgery, but after further examination, it did not.  His report wasn't wrong, he was just reporting the information at the time.

18 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

In his defense, it sounds like the initial thought was it would require surgery, but after further examination, it did not.  His report wasn't wrong, he was just reporting the information at the time.

Edited by NoHablaIngles
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, svdude said:

He was a top 100 pick before injury. Where does he slot now?  June return?

It really depends on when he returns. If we're expecting June I'd still take IL stashes like Sale and Thor ahead of him. He's worth an IL stash in all leagues until we get more clarity on the return date though, especially in keeper/dynasty leagues. 

1 hour ago, Jyeatbvg said:

It really depends on when he returns. If we're expecting June I'd still take IL stashes like Sale and Thor ahead of him. He's worth an IL stash in all leagues until we get more clarity on the return date though, especially in keeper/dynasty leagues. 

Based on the Brett Anderson timeline (only similar injury I could find); he'd be back in late may or early June. I'd definitely take him over sale or Thor but agree that all three are worth an IL stash 

It's important to note that it's his ring finger. I think his recovery would have been much longer if it had been his index or middle finger. My guess is he starts throwing by April 1st and is back by May 1st. I'd personally draft him well ahead of Syndergaard and Sale. Probably more in the Soroka range. 

1 hour ago, Sidearmer said:

Framber will be interesting in H2H's, given we will probable see some pitchers getting shut down and/or breaking down late in the year.

Very interesting take. If his season starts in July, he won't need any innings management and hence his value in H2H isn't dinged all that much whereas other pitchers may be limited or wear down.

55 minutes ago, burty1 said:

Any update on him?  Thoughts in a redraft league?

Nothing so far, not even a timetable for his return. I have been googling him from time  to time to see if there is an update.

As far as in a redraft, take him later in the draft and home he comes back late May, early June. That's what I am betting for.

1 hour ago, burty1 said:

Any update on him?  Thoughts in a redraft league?

FWIW,  I was listening to ITL podcast and they claimed that his recovery was going "much better than expected."

• Like 1