NBC Sports Edge Forums

Framber Valdez 2021 Outlook

On 4/8/2021 at 11:19 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

...make the space. Dude’s upside is as high as sp1, he was shutting down lineups in the playoffs.

For me, the threshhold would be Frankie Montas. Guys ranked ahead of Montas I wouldn't drop for Valdez, and guys ranked below him I probably would. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love how we're discussing Framber's worst start of the season and it's a quality start with decent K's and WHIP

Inching closer….  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Any news on this guy?

My man has TigerBlood I guess...

Seems like he'll be back before the all-star break but the Astros are following in line with other clubs by frustrating us and not giving us a firm timeline.

• Thanks 3
1 hour ago, NoHablaIngles said:

My man has TigerBlood I guess...

Seems like he'll be back before the all-star break but the Astros are following in line with other clubs by frustrating us and not giving us a firm timeline.

Sounds like he's on the same timeline as Syndergaard, Severino and Sale, and didn't even have the same injury as those guys. So maybe back by June/july-ish

14 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I picked him up off the waiver wire this year and expecting nothing at all.  Anything more than nothing will be gravy.

Same here. I was surprised actually no one had him stashed in my 12-team keeper.

lots of news today

tl;dr: 

Facing live hitters.  Is throwing fastballs and change ups (no curves?).  Is way ahead of schedule.  Wants to go faster but medical team holding him back for safety.  Will be joining rotation once he can build up to 5 innings.   They said that this will likely be 2-3 “somewhat lengthened outings” before this happens.  

Lets ******** go.  I predict we see him within the month, late May probably 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

lots of news today

tl;dr: 

Facing live hitters.  Is throwing fastballs and change ups (no curves?).  Is way ahead of schedule.  Wants to go faster but medical team holding him back for safety.  Will be joining rotation once he can build up to 5 innings.   They said that this will likely be 2-3 “somewhat lengthened outings” before this happens.  

Lets ******** go.  I predict we see him within the month, late May probably 

Super excited, gonna be a change changer for some fantasy teams' pitching staffs.

21 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Super excited, gonna be a change changer for some fantasy teams' pitching staffs.

yeah, getting a top 20 pitcher is a big boost. Dude was Ace with a capital A in the playoffs against the best teams and pitching deep into these games. To me, he's matchup proof.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

yeah, getting a top 20 pitcher is a big boost. Dude was Ace with a capital A in the playoffs against the best teams and pitching deep into these games. To me, he's matchup proof.

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha 1

Brent Strom on Framber Valdez: “He is way ahead of schedule. Anybody who’s been around Framber [knows] he is very resilient, a strong young man who has a high threshold of pain and really wants to get back here desperately.

So much to the point he’s trying to press this faster than our medical field really wants him to. Now he’s going to have to obviously face some hitters and put some intensity into it and see how his finger holds up and how his body holds up.

Getting Framber back as soon as possible would really give a boost to this club."

Analysis: Could be looking at at a mid-late May return with Luis Garcia keeping his seat warm.

https://t.co/rB5paIY7rq

• Thanks 1
On 3/31/2021 at 8:06 AM, collucho said:

Well he fractured his finger about a month ago and there has been significant healing. I'm no doctor but after a quick google search: image.png.c51680897fb8c2762949cf50b653cea2.png

Now I'm going to venture a guess that the typical time it takes to heal a finger does not take into account repetitive high stress pitching at a major league level so lets say we double it. 

I'm going to say he is ready to go by the end of May. Considering how much of a stud this dude is and the fact that he can most likely be scooped up for free this is a homerun situation for me. 

Gonna put this post on my resume for doctor school.

• Haha 3
On 5/9/2021 at 2:00 PM, Fbaseballgod said:

Dusty says that Framber “could” return “sometime” in June

Everyone in the baseball world is treating this as good news, but is it really?

Here's the full quote, and why would it not be good news? I really don't get what you're insinuating. 

Dusty Baker:”Framber might come in this week (to MMP) to throw a bullpen before he goes out.That’s still up in the air. It’ll be good to see Framber. He’s worked exceptionally hard. It seemed like he wasn’t even gonna be available during the season-would be a boost to get him back”

• Like 4

Chandler Rome: 

Framber Valdez will throw a bullpen session at Minute Maid Park tomorrow and, if everything goes well, a minor league rehab assignment would be his next step.

• 2 weeks later...