NBC Sports Edge Forums

Finally have a deal in place after going through the ringer with some owners. What do you think about this trade?

My: Baez, Lamet, Isaiah Kiner-Falafel for His: Springer and Dylan Cease

I've got Bogaertz and Torres for SS/2B/INF

OFx4 would end up being: Trout, Tucker, Springer, Grisham w. Nimmo, McNeil as backup

I feel like I'm giving up a bit, but Springer in OF sure does solidify things for me. Pitching is deep already with Nola, Snell, Maeda, Wheeler, Bundy, Lamet/Cease

Thanks in advance. WHIR as much as possible please leave a link.

I'd be fine with deal.Be glad you're getting a return on Baez.While I expect some bounce-back,his value will crater with a Mendoza line BA at April's end. Lamet has his ?'s.And you have McNeill as backup as well.

I like the deal as I’m not fully on board the Lamet train and Baez is frustrating to own in fantasy. Don’t get me wrong, I love watching him play and I’m a die hard Cub fan so I’m always rooting for him. But for fantasy purposes he strikes out to much and rarely runs anymore.

Keep both windy city & lone star state. Next drop SOCAL for another offensive player. Lastly come up with a new deal for only maple leaf move a mt for him. 

I don’t like it, especially since you have an inf slot.  Lamet might very well turn out to be the best player in the deal.   Don’t feel like you HAVE  to make a trade.

I like getting rid of Baez but having to include Lamet just seems like the guy is exploiting this pre-season DO NOT DRAFT label that has been placed all over Lamet.  Yes, there are all kinds of red flags with Lamet but the fact that you have to include him with Baez seems a bit much.  Lamet was borderline untouchable last season and even with the risk is worth a little more IMO.