NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Noteable Metric Performers so far 1. Codi Heuer SwStr: 20.6, K-BB: 32.4 LA: 12.6  FBv: 97.5 2. Miguel Castro SwStr: 15.6, K-BB: 25.0 LA: 4.2 FBv: 98 3. Corey Knebel SwStr: 16.7, K-BB: 3

Here are my personal favorite; based on their valuable ratios and opportunities for high leverage innings: Devin Williams Jake Diekman Ty

your link is appreciated. Your sarcasm is not.   The article is a good read. Wasnt aware of the rotator cuff inflammation. Good to know he is working his way back. Last year it was fun to ha

Posted Images

Here are my personal favorite; based on their valuable ratios and opportunities for high leverage innings:

Devin Williams
Jake Diekman
Tyler Duffey
Tanner Rainey
Evan Marshall
Emilio Pagán
A.J. Minter
Josh Staumont
Pete Fairbanks
Rafael Dolis

I've also included with my top 5 RP with SP eligibility:

Drew Pomeranz
Diego Castillo
Lucas Sims
Chad Green
Freddy Peralta
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
36 minutes ago, AF25 said:

Here are my personal favorite; based on their valuable ratios and opportunities for high leverage innings:

Devin Williams
Jake Diekman
Tyler Duffey
Tanner Rainey
Evan Marshall
Emilio Pagán
A.J. Minter
Josh Staumont
Pete Fairbanks
Rafael Dolis

Drew Pomeranz
Diego Castillo
Lucas Sims
Chad Green
Freddy Peralta

None of those have SP eligibility anymore for me. SPRP I have on the radar right now are Seth Lugo and Matt Wisler.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, fawkes_mulder said:

None of those have SP eligibility anymore for me. SPRP I have on the radar right now are Seth Lugo and Matt Wisler.

Kopech will be pitching out of Pen, he doesn't have RP eligibility yet, though.
Yamamoto / Lucchesi may get relief chances, although they aren't elite options.
Gonsolin and May will be relievers for points in the season.

Edited by Sidearmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent - my favourite thread. 

• Chad Green (SP eligible)
  • Freddy Peralta (SP eligible)
  • Lucas Sims (SP eligible)
  • Adrian Morejon (SP eligible)
  • Victor Gonzalez
  • Yimi Garcia
  • Jake Diekman
  • Jordan Romano
  • James Karinchak
  • Aaron Bummer
  • Nick Anderson
  • Chris Martin
  • Evan Marshall
  • Garrett Crochet
  • Scott Barlow
  • Jordan Hicks

• Like 4

No mention thus far on 1 of my top holds guys ... Giovanny Gallegos although he could claim the closer job in STL

I'm high on all 3 of the Rays tripletts in N.Anderson, D.Castillo and P.Fairbanks

Also haven't see Trevor May mentioned and he should garner a slew of holds for the Mets.

I also like Mike Mayers of the Angels.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, AF25 said:

Devin Williams
Jake Diekman
Tyler Duffey
Tanner Rainey
Evan Marshall
Emilio Pagán
A.J. Minter
Josh Staumont
Pete Fairbanks
Rafael Dolis

Drew Pomeranz
Diego Castillo
Lucas Sims
Chad Green
Freddy Peralta

I think Chad Green gets elevated to your first list with the news that Britton might be out until June. Hes going to be a beast in saves+holds leagues. I also think the ship has sailed on AJ Minter. His K rate is too pedestrian for him to be considered elite. You also need to add Ottavino, May, Treinen and Bummer. 

• Like 1

Last year the guy I had my eye on was James Karinchak. That worked out great!

This year I’m targeting Emmanuel Clase, who has a 98 mph slider. I actually drafted both last year before Clase was suspended. This guy will dominate

• Like 3

If he does not get the rotation nod, I think Tejay Antone would be another SP eligible guy who will be pitching in high leverage innings racking up some holds before he eventually gets a shot a the closer role.

Any thoughts on Matt Wisler?  He was really good with Minnesota last year, and now he's with the Giants.  Supposedly missing up his arsenal and using his slider more.

Any chance to a factor in holds leagues and maybe get an occasional save?

3 hours ago, burty1 said:

Any thoughts on Matt Wisler?  He was really good with Minnesota last year, and now he's with the Giants.  Supposedly missing up his arsenal and using his slider more.

Any chance to a factor in holds leagues and maybe get an occasional save?

I like him a lot because of SP eligibility but he’s supposedly going to use the slider less this year. https://www.knbr.com/2021/02/20/new-giants-reliever-wants-to-slightly-back-off-his-dominant-pitch/

On 3/9/2021 at 4:27 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

Depends on platform. In Yahoo! they do.

On 3/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, AF25 said:

If he does not get the rotation nod, I think Tejay Antone would be another SP eligible guy who will be pitching in high leverage innings racking up some holds before he eventually gets a shot a the closer role.

please never mention this guy’s name out loud on these boards again. Ssssshhhhh!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, UberRebel said:

please never mention this guy’s name out loud on these boards again. Ssssshhhhh!

Dude... I think the word is already out on this guy and there is a specific thread on him as well...... BTW. I think your post brought more attention than mine did, after all, you did get a like from SwayzeExpress.... 😁😂😉

Too Late GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

Surprised Alex Reyes has not been brought up.  Slated for 100 IP.  As much upside as any middle reliever.

• Haha 2

Reading these posts, and no mention of Alex Reyes from St Louis.  team already came out saying they want 100 innings out of him from the Bulpen.   Reyes doing max effort for 1-3 innings....if yall don't want any, don't mind if i double dip... 

• Haha 2

Who are some $1-$3 targets for saves + Holds leagues?

My league switched to it this year and I want to to grab 3-5 guys with good ratios and Ks who will get me mediocre in the category but with good peripheral stats?

I know the Hader/Chad Green types but they will cost way more than I want to spend

3 minutes ago, Greed said:

My league switched to it this year and I want to to grab 3-5 guys with good ratios and Ks who will get me mediocre in the category but with good peripheral stats?

I know the Hader/Chad Green types but they will cost way more than I want to spend

Codi Heuer of the White Sox. Hendriks is the closer and currently Aaron Bummer is the set up. But Heuer is getting strong reviews this Spring and should have a later inning role. 

I was putting together a list of Holds guys the other day and I thought I'd share. Using Fangraphs' Depth Chart Projections, I sorted out the guys projected for 12 or more Holds and then sorted by K/BB and came up with this list. By no means is it perfect, but it outlines some guys to look at further.  

Chad Green

Brent Suter

Yusmeiro Petit

Giovanny Gallegos

Jake McGee

Tyler Duffey

Phil Maton

Joe Smith

Trevor May

Matt Wisler

Cody Stashak

Will Harris

Emmanuel Clase

Nick Wittgren

Ryan Brasier

Felix Pena

Jordan Romano

Diego Castillo

Mike Mayers

Darren O'Day

Matt Andriese

Mychal Givens

Brusdar Graterol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
On 3/22/2021 at 12:37 AM, Greed said:

Jake McGee

Adam Ottavino

Enoli Paredes

Joely Rodriguez

Chaz Roe

Tanner Rainey

Mike Mayers

Indians BP - Wittgren/Clase

Padres BP - Pomeranz/Pagan/Kela

Tigers BP - Soto/Farmer/Cisnero/Garcia

• Like 1