NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Noteable Metric Performers so far 1. Codi Heuer SwStr: 20.6, K-BB: 32.4 LA: 12.6  FBv: 97.5 2. Miguel Castro SwStr: 15.6, K-BB: 25.0 LA: 4.2 FBv: 98 3. Corey Knebel SwStr: 16.7, K-BB: 3

Here are my personal favorite; based on their valuable ratios and opportunities for high leverage innings: Devin Williams Jake Diekman Ty

your link is appreciated. Your sarcasm is not.   The article is a good read. Wasnt aware of the rotator cuff inflammation. Good to know he is working his way back. Last year it was fun to ha

Posted Images

Just now, Mongeese said:

Josh Staumont  — any thoughts on this guy?  Looking for Ks, and he seems to fit the bill, but I haven’t seen him.

My thoughts are that his WHIP history makes him un-rosterable in the modern era unless he finds himself the closer and you're in a "saves only" league.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mongeese said:

Josh Staumont  — any thoughts on this guy?  Looking for Ks, and he seems to fit the bill, but I haven’t seen him.

His stuff is ridiculously good. There's a lot of upside if he can fix his command but he has a LONG history of huge walk rates that say that's pretty unlikely.

8 hours ago, printscreen said:

J.B Bukauskas has to be on the middle reliever list. I know he got some mentions in the closer thread but the kid is electric. He will move up quick.

Agreed but I don’t think he will be up until mid April. Hard to stash a mid RP for the first 2 weeks season unless big benches.  

On 3/9/2021 at 4:27 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

None of those have SP eligibility anymore for me. SPRP I have on the radar right now are Seth Lugo and Matt Wisler.

CBS has been very stingy with SPRP this year. A few I have found are Tyler Chatwood (former starter who was decent at times as a SP who may have more success in a set up role for the Blue Jays), Austin Voth (long reliever for the Nationals), Wade LeBlanc of the Orioles (a gas can but an option if you are desperate and in a H2H league where ratios don't matter),  Randy Dobank of the Twins, Vince Velasquez of the Phillies (another gas can who is only useful in the scenario sketched out with LeBlanc). Some of these guys may become a starter as an injury replacement but they are all in relief roles right now.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:35 PM, street sharks said:

Bednar for the Pirates. He was mentioned in the closer thread but if his spring stats are any indication of what he can do, he'll be immediately useful for ratios

Hope he ends up closing.

5 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Hope he ends up closing.

Rodriguez us a likely trade candidate, though it may take a while to materialize.  By the time the Pirates deal him to a contender (months from now), it will probably be a lot clearer who inherits the closer role.  

Victor Gonzalez has 22% yahoo ownership. I know he was impressive last year and could put up strong numbers this year, but 22% ownership for a RP on a team with an established CL seems high.

I have him too, but I am in a HLD league.

MLB.com named some new bullpen aces, but I haven't heard any of them pop up in fantasy discussions other than the TOR dude. Kinda odd who they chose to talk about. Like one dude had one inning and they were like he's got good stuff!

On 4/6/2021 at 7:27 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

I like garret whitlock too

Looked a little closer at this dude and thinking about dropping Wade Davis for his “potential” save and pitching Whitlock up for his ratios and k/9 potential..he looks nasty early on for sure 

Maybe temper the hype on Whitlock...so far he has faced 5.1 IP of Baltimore's murderous row and struck out the heavyweights of Sisco (twice), Ruiz, Galvis, Severino, Mountcastle (twice) and yes....Mancini. His minor league numbers dont really scream whiff machine either.

Ok, now that we're just over a week into the season I'm going to take a stab at updated rankings for RPs in Saves + Holds leagues. Here are my updated top 30 from best to worst. Thoughts?

Hader
Hendricks
Chapman
Diaz
Iglesias
Jansen
Kimbrel
Pressly
Reyes
Barnes
Hand
Melancon