NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Noteable Metric Performers so far 1. Codi Heuer SwStr: 20.6, K-BB: 32.4 LA: 12.6  FBv: 97.5 2. Miguel Castro SwStr: 15.6, K-BB: 25.0 LA: 4.2 FBv: 98 3. Corey Knebel SwStr: 16.7, K-BB: 3

Here are my personal favorite; based on their valuable ratios and opportunities for high leverage innings: Devin Williams Jake Diekman Ty

your link is appreciated. Your sarcasm is not.   The article is a good read. Wasnt aware of the rotator cuff inflammation. Good to know he is working his way back. Last year it was fun to ha

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

I concur. Run don’t walk.

Thanks guys. Just picked him up and ready to give it a whirl.

What’s the story on this kid and how good are his skills?

Edit: just saw that he had 14 Ks, 0 ER, 0 BB in 7.2 spring training IP. Oh and he’s SP eligible. Let’s go

Edited by 5catstud

Keep an eye on Sam Coonrod on the Phils. He already threw pretty hard, but I believe he had a velo increase. Dude was pumping 101. Hasn't earned the trust for higher leverage yet.

Someone I'll scoop in deeper leagues if he performs well. Alvarado on the DL too.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:41 AM, street sharks said:

This isn't very encouraging 

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 10.41.02 PM.png

I considered keeping him last year since he was so ridiculously good, but anytime there's an injury involved, it's best to punt. They said it was "minor" but no way he is 100%.

---

PS, very disappointing that Bednar of PIT appears to rank behind even Chris Stratton, who stinks.

Hard to see him smelling any svs unless PIT trades like half the pen.

Edited by papasmurf
27 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

how much value to you guys put in  guys like garret whitlock in leagues that don't count holds as a catagory?

do you think the k's and ratios are on a limited basis make them valuable ?

Depends on the format. I play in a few leagues with low min IP and categories skewed towards ratios. Guys like Whitlock are golden with the SP/RP designation. I can field a roster with Whitlock, Caleb Smith, Carson Fulmer, Antone, Kopech, Zimmer etc and kill the ratios between spot starts between a few traditional starters.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

Depends on the format. I play in a few leagues with low min IP and categories skewed towards ratios. Guys like Whitlock are golden with the SP/RP designation. I can field a roster with Whitlock, Caleb Smith, Carson Fulmer, Antone, Kopech, Zimmer etc and kill the ratios between spot starts between a few traditional starters.

I am saying standard scoring leagues that don’t count holds as a category..that is the format

2 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

I am saying standard scoring leagues that don’t count holds as a category..that is the format

I guess it was implied when i responded. Yeah those leagues im referring to dont have holds as a cat but they do lean more towards the ratios....K/9, BB/9 etc.

Its really just a matter of doing the math and what strategy you want to implement (punt W or QS and go for ratios or just boost your rotation on off days). If you roster 3 or 4 of these guys its like adding an ace to the rotation, you just have to stay vigilant on roster mgmt.

Edited by arthurpete
2 hours ago, arthurpete said:

I guess it was implied when i responded. Yeah those leagues im referring to dont have holds as a cat but they do lean more towards the ratios....K/9, BB/9 etc.

Its really just a matter of doing the math and what strategy you want to implement (punt W or QS and go for ratios or just boost your rotation on off days). If you roster 3 or 4 of these guys its like adding an ace to the rotation, you just have to stay vigilant on roster mgmt.

thanks for the feedback, i can see what you are saying about having 3-4 guys like this and that would add up nicely, but like you said about roster sizes and potential issues there.  More or less wondering if it makes sense to only have 1 of these guys like Whitlock and if their stats would even be worth having over the course of a season.

If you didn't end up with SPs that can compete *bad draft or injuries' or by design) with the rest of the league at any point, you can 'punt' qs/wins/ks go for ratio's and Sv/hds. Plays very well in h2h, might be less useful in Roto (as that doesn't seem like a winning roto strategy).

6 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

If you didn't end up with SPs that can compete *bad draft or injuries' or by design) with the rest of the league at any point, you can 'punt' qs/wins/ks go for ratio's and Sv/hds. Plays very well in h2h, might be less useful in Roto (as that doesn't seem like a winning roto strategy).

True, unless the h2h league has weekly minimum innings pitched requirements which necessitates rostering starters.

21 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

True, unless the h2h league has weekly minimum innings pitched requirements which necessitates rostering starters.

Im in several with min IP per week and it ranges from 20-30 IP. This is feasible with 4-5 of these guys and 1 or 2 starters and 3-4 true relievers

For instance, last week:

in one league....Carson Fulmer, Kopech, Sims and Whitlock netted me 10 IP, 13Ks, 0 ERA 0.6 WHIP 

in another....Kyle Zimmer, Antone, Caleb Smith got me 12.2 IP, 12Ks, 0.74 ERA and 0.49 WHIP

Add in 2 starts from a Darvish and a Tony Disco with 4-5 true RPs and im looking at roughly 25-30IP.

Edited by arthurpete
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, tucker26 said:

Yeah, was thinking about having only me guy like Whitlock in roto league where innings pitches is not an issue

1 hour ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Yeah, was thinking about having only me guy like Whitlock in roto league where innings pitches is not an issue

In that situation I’d lean more to gut like Kopech or Antone that’s going to hopefully get you 5+ innings over a week rather than a guy like Whitlock who lols he’s settling more into the 1 inning high leverage role 

How are we feeling about Devin Williams? 3Ks and no earned runs in his last two IPed. Anyone think he's possibly turning the corner and becoming what we expected him to be? 

There is a lot of rumors in the Boston media they are going to stretch Whitlock out and throw him in the rotation. His last 2 & 2/3rd inning appearance already supports that...

He's a stud though. He's a sneaky add that you can probably get for cheap due to a very small track record.

Edited by Dirtywater97