NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Moses Brown 2020-2021 Outlook

Is this kid going to get called up to the Thunder? Is the call up dependent on Horford being traded? I'm super stoked to add this kid if he can come anywhere close to what he was doing in the G-League.

Prematurely add to my team before news of the call up? Thoughts?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BossRoss said:

Is this kid going to get called up to the Thunder? Is the call up dependent on Horford being traded? I'm super stoked to add this kid if he can come anywhere close to what he was doing in the G-League.

Prematurely add to my team before news of the call up? Thoughts?

Wouldn’t he still be behind Muscala and what’s his name?

Edited by claptondecheeks

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

Wouldn’t he still be behind Muscala and what’s his name?

Yes, and also behind so-and-so, and that other dingus, but ahead of the other guy, and the other other guy.

• Haha 1

Man, I was hoping others were as high on this guy as I was. I know there's mixed feeling on Rotoworld reports, but here's what Jonas Nader said about him on his Waiver Wired column...

"Moses Brown (0%)- I’m going to throw one more name out here as a bonus. Brown has been doing some truly absurd things in the G League, averaging 18.5 points, 13.9 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 26 minutes. A 7’2” center with a 245-pound frame, Moses is going to be a sneaky stash at the deadline if we get wind of an Al Horford trade, and it reminds me of the time when the Heat first called up Hassan Whiteside when he took the fantasy community by storm. You’ve been warned."

I've watched him play just to see what the hype was all about. He's pretty agile and fast for being as big as he is. Still very raw offensively but capable of being a pick and roll and offensive glass monster. It's interesting that he compared him to Whiteside as I was remembering his absurd rise fresh into the NBA when looking into Brown. Gobert also came to mind in a similar fashion. I was hoping others had similar views. You really think the talent development focus in OKC is going to gain anything from play Muscala over Brown? I would concede that more than likely Roby would stand to benefit the most from Horford leaving and would most likely start, but to me Roby still feels more like a power forward than a starting center.

Anyways, just wanted to throw this out there as Jonas was the first one to put me onto him and liked what I saw.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sgergole said:

Who?

I feel like you can't comment "who?" right after someone put in a comprehensive summary of why he should be on deeper team radars 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, BossRoss said:

Man, I was hoping others were as high on this guy as I was. I know there's mixed feeling on Rotoworld reports, but here's what Jonas Nader said about him on his Waiver Wired column...

"Moses Brown (0%)- I’m going to throw one more name out here as a bonus. Brown has been doing some truly absurd things in the G League, averaging 18.5 points, 13.9 rebounds and 1.7 blocks in 26 minutes. A 7’2” center with a 245-pound frame, Moses is going to be a sneaky stash at the deadline if we get wind of an Al Horford trade, and it reminds me of the time when the Heat first called up Hassan Whiteside when he took the fantasy community by storm. You’ve been warned."

I've watched him play just to see what the hype was all about. He's pretty agile and fast for being as big as he is. Still very raw offensively but capable of being a pick and roll and offensive glass monster. It's interesting that he compared him to Whiteside as I was remembering his absurd rise fresh into the NBA when looking into Brown. Gobert also came to mind in a similar fashion. I was hoping others had similar views. You really think the talent development focus in OKC is going to gain anything from play Muscala over Brown? I would concede that more than likely Roby would stand to benefit the most from Horford leaving and would most likely start, but to me Roby still feels more like a power forward than a starting center.

Anyways, just wanted to throw this out there as Jonas was the first one to put me onto him and liked what I saw.

I agree with what you are saying except the agile and fast part. That was his weakness guarding stretch players and I don't think he solved that yet. Then again I don't watch him much, only seen a glimpse of him one game.

In this sense Roby is light years ahead of him in terms of perimeter defense. And Moses is a Whiteside right now, which means they are not sure if he can be winning basketball. So I feel like Roby is going with a lot of minutes and I am not sure OKC wants to change up their second lineup enough to put Moses in for a lot of time. Like it or not, a change from Muscala to Moses will change the game plan and the development of the 4 other players.

OKC will prioritize Poku ahead of Moses too if they think lack of spacing from Moses is an issue.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:53 PM, rob0403 said:

I agree with what you are saying except the agile and fast part. That was his weakness guarding stretch players and I don't think he solved that yet. Then again I don't watch him much, only seen a glimpse of him one game.

In this sense Roby is light years ahead of him in terms of perimeter defense. And Moses is a Whiteside right now, which means they are not sure if he can be winning basketball. So I feel like Roby is going with a lot of minutes and I am not sure OKC wants to change up their second lineup enough to put Moses in for a lot of time. Like it or not, a change from Muscala to Moses will change the game plan and the development of the 4 other players.

OKC will prioritize Poku ahead of Moses too if they think lack of spacing from Moses is an issue.

Liked what I saw, 8/12/1 in 19 minutes. But you were right about Poku being featured more. Something to monitor moving forward is if Poku is getting 30 every night now I'd probably take him first, but if Horford leaves then Brown is in the same exact featured role. Rotoworld blurb today that Muscala is basically gone/out of the picture to make room for both of these guys. I'm going to preemptively pick him up assuming that his minutes will go up from here. Bazley being out also seemed to float minutes more towards Poku. If the next game Horford sits and Bazley returns I could easily see this minutes division switching.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:34 AM, BossRoss said:

Thanks for this really good analysis on a guy that wasn’t truly on my radar. 

• Like 1

It's got me interested. They played Roby alongside Brown in the late game. If they can coexist, and Horford gets traded, Brown has a clear path to minutes.

He looks agile enough to me. From the limited minutes I saw, he has the stature of Wiseman, coupled with the motor of Claxton. That's a nice coupling. I doubt he has many moves, but can't have it all.

[I dropped Maxi and Patton to make this happen, fyi. And I used my last move of the week. So it was a bit painful. I think both of those guys have a decent shot at 12-team value also, but they both have their warts. Maxi has a low ceiling, while Patton could get benched or limited minutes when Wood returns.]

Let's see where this goes. Thanks, @BossRoss!

• Like 2

surely thats a good sign - 27mins with both horford and roby playing (albeit might have been influenced by roby starting at the 4 opening up more backup C mins). def thinking about streaming him tomorrow with horford out & see how he goes - might be worth even holding through the deadline. im looking at replacing noel with him so looking like a possible better ROS outlook

7 minutes ago, ahtech said:

problem is it's a blowout that's why they play their youngs minutes

He did get subbed in at the 7 minute mark in first quarter.