NBC Sports Edge Forums

Moses Brown 2020-2021 Outlook

13 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Brown is a good rebounder.  He has a nose for the ball off the rim and has some really long arms.

He's not a great athlete.  He's certainly very limited offensively.

Poku is going to be a star.  I'd much rather see him playing with Tony Bradley for his development.  Bradley's way ahead of Brown offensively.  And Bradley would put up really nice lines if he got the minutes Brown's currently getting.

LOL 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! I'm Moses Brown, and I'm here to eat your lunch.  

I did. I'd rather suffer with him than let anyone else have a chance at happiness this might also help explain my romantic struggles

Moses and KPJ are the most overrated players by rotoworld right now. 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, fabrar said:

IDK what Wiseman has to do with anything lol, I'm just speaking on Moses and it seems like you agree with me?

You said Brown dominated because Raptors have no bigs correct? So why didn't Wiseman against the same Raps team? I'm not saying Moses is a superstar but he's an undrafted kid wtf do ppl expect? 

Don’t quibble on the bad games when we’re hooting n hollering on the good ones. You gotta take the good w/ the bad ones.

On to the next...

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, QingJames said:

Eh, I’ll take a stinker with the amazing games he’s given us so far.

That’s the thing, it’s mainly just rebounds and blocks. Dude is shooting 37% and 62% for the week, zero assists and zero threes. 9 ppg. So he is a negative in five cats. The FG% will improve but I don’t want to risk it in the playoffs.  

Over the past two weeks he’s ranked 121st on averages of 12/13/1/1.4. I think he’s pretty build specific.

5 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

That’s the thing, it’s mainly just rebounds and blocks. Dude is shooting 37% and 62% for the week, zero assists and zero threes. 9 ppg. So he is a negative in five cats. The FG% will improve but I don’t want to risk it in the playoffs.  

Over the past two weeks he’s ranked 121st on averages of 12/13/1/1.4. I think he’s pretty build specific.

Very true, and he works for mine right now, so I’m content. But yeah, he’s a 4 cat player.

Edited by QingJames

In one of my CAT leagues, DD is included so Moses is very valuable there. Not sure how he holds up for everyone else in other league formats, but I’m pretty sure he’s still a must own player for ROS. It’s one bad game. He still managed a stock and 7 boards.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, lanyabatt said:

In one of my CAT leagues, DD is included so Moses is very valuable there. Not sure how he holds up for everyone else in other league formats, but I’m pretty sure he’s still a must own player for ROS. It’s one bad game. He still managed a stock and 7 boards.

If he works for you, that's great.  For those of us in 9-cat deep leagues keep this in mind.  Both Maledon and Poku got regular starter minutes last night - they're pedigreed players that OKC is indeed trying to develop to be big parts of their future rotation.

Meanwhile, Moses Brown who just got "paid" with his four year 6.5 mill megadeal, saw fewer minutes than Tony Bradley.

Edited by Sixersfan740
2 minutes ago, richardtlee22 said:

They played the same amount of minutes. 

Very impressive that Brown, coming off his mega deal, got slightly less minutes than a "journeyman" who came over just a few days back.

24 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Very impressive that Brown, coming off his mega deal, got slightly less minutes than a "journeyman" who came over just a few days back.

I dont think them playing the same amount of minutes in a 40 point blowout is supporting the argument that you're trying to make. Moses was subbed out with 7 min to go in the 4th and never came back in. Phx had already had their end-of-benchers in at that point. Funny enough, Bradley then was a -5 during that stretch to end the game. Neither of them was good last night against one of the best teams in the NBA. But to say Bradley outplayed Moses last night is laughable. 

And yes, if youre a career backup and have played for 3 teams in 4 seasons, you are a "Journeyman"

Edited by richardtlee22
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, richardtlee22 said:

I dont think them playing the same amount of minutes in a 40 point blowout is supporting the argument that you're trying to make. Moses was subbed out with 7 min to go in the 4th and never came back in. Phx had already had their end-of-benchers in at that point. Funny enough, Bradley then was a -5 during that stretch to end the game. Neither of them was good last night against one of the best teams in the NBA. But to say Bradley outplayed Moses last night is laughable. 

And yes, if youre a career backup and have played for 3 teams in 4 seasons, you are a "Journeyman"

A career backup, lol.  If Moses was subbed out due to game circumstances, why then didn't Daignault sub out Poku and Maladon then similarly?

Clearly you didn't watch the game, I did.  Tony Bradley sets excellent picks, plays much better defense, is much more aware offensively, better passer, and rebounding and stocks are debatable.

I've read on here that Moses Brown is "super athletic."  I honestly don't know what these people are watching.  

Check out his super athleticism on display at 3:10 below,,,

15 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

A career backup, lol.  If Moses was subbed out due to game circumstances, why then didn't Daignault sub out Poku and Maladon then similarly?

Clearly you didn't watch the game, I did.  Tony Bradley sets excellent picks, plays much better defense, is much more aware offensively, better passer, and rebounding and stocks are debatable.

I've read on here that Moses Brown is "super athletic."  I honestly don't know what these people are watching.  

Check out his super athleticism on display at 3:10 below,,,

Jorma is back! 

4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Jorma is back! 

I have no idea who Jorma is, and I notice your go-to move is to name call with no supporting argument.  Not a good look.

This thread is so weak with all the Moses Brown nonsense.  He's gotten 30+ minutes consistently over the past few weeks until last night and basically can't crack the top 120 in 9-cat.

He's not a good real life basketball player, and it's now becoming clear he's an overrated fantasy player too.

Edited by Sixersfan740

For those that keep saying OKC signed Brown long-term.  They gave him a four year deal for minimal money.  The second and third year of the deal isn't guaranteed and the fourth has a team option.

They rewarded Moses for his work and he earned it.  But, please, stop with the suggestions they made any kind of significant investment in his future.

3 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

For those that keep saying OKC signed Brown long-term.  They gave him a four year deal for minimal money.  The second and third year of the deal isn't guaranteed and the fourth has a team option.

They rewarded Moses for his work and he earned it.  But, please, stop with the suggestions they made any kind of significant investment in his future.

What is your problem? Who hurt you that much?

5 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

What is your problem? Who hurt you that much?

What are you talking about?  I've stuck to basketball arguments this entire time.  I love basketball, and I'd like to see a player who I think has a chance to become a solid rotation player get minutes over someone who I don't think has a future in the NBA.  I'd also like to give fantasy players some information that can help them with their team moving forward.

I've made no disparaging comments about any poster, I've only disputed the prevailing notion of this thread that Moses Brown is a solid fantasy option.

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Dang. All about a guy named Moses. 

Yes, there is a lot of emotional takes coming from those that got a little too hopeful that a guy named Moses was going to put their squad over the top.  Sorry.

Edited by Sixersfan740
1 minute ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Yes, there is a lot of emotional takes coming from those that got a little too hopeful that a guy named Moses was going to put their squad over the top.  Sorry.

I think you’ve made a lot of good points, but pushing Tony Bradley in a Moses Brown thread isn’t going to go over well with hopeful fantasy owners.  

That said, I appreciate the additional perspective. I think Moses is basically your old school center, but still raw. I don’t think he has the skillset to be a league winner this year. It sucks but there are always other opportunities floating around this time of year.

15 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

What are you talking about?  I've stuck to basketball arguments this entire time.  I love basketball, and I'd like to see a player who I think has a chance to become a solid rotation player get minutes over someone who I don't think has a future in the NBA.  I'd also like to give fantasy players some information that can help them with their team moving forward.

I've made no disparaging comments about any poster, I've only disputed the prevailing notion of this thread that Moses Brown is a solid fantasy option.

Don't really see the reason for such Moses hatred. Although I respect making an account just so you can **** on him ;)

• Like 1

Eltoro, I'm fine with the Moses backers coming back at me.  My feelings aren't hurt lol.

I may be a bit older than most of the posters here, but I think Bradley is more of an old school center than Moses.  To me, Moses is a poor mans Nerlens Noel.

Bradley has a lot of similarities in his game to another Tarheel - Brad Doherty.

Edited by Sixersfan740
1 minute ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Don't really see the reason for such Moses hatred. Although I respect making an account just so you can **** on him ;)

It's Jorma's new account. His main account vanished. Pathetic pushing MCW and now Bradley 😂

2 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

I didn't make up an account for this.  You may see I started the Time Lord thread this year.  You're all welcome.

37 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

It's Jorma's new account. His main account vanished. Pathetic pushing MCW and now Bradley 😂

Lmao ok that makes more sense. Damn imagine having such a pathetic life that you spend all your time trolling on a fantasy basketball forum lol