NBC Sports Edge Forums

Moses Brown 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! I'm Moses Brown, and I'm here to eat your lunch.  

I did. I'd rather suffer with him than let anyone else have a chance at happiness this might also help explain my romantic struggles

Moses and KPJ are the most overrated players by rotoworld right now. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Poeltl was the better pickup tbh

I roster both, and they are in different categories for me. Poeltl is a steady stud, and Moses Brown is like the all-opportunity late-season funtime chancy wire guy. I wouldn't even compare them.  

All I know is holding them both, plus RoCo, I'm now competitive in blocks.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, jehob said:

@Sixersfan740 is putting forward logical takes and y'all are attacking them because you want this thread to be the Moses circle j*rk? surely we should welcome healthy and rational skepticism in ANY of these threads. Good on ya for not being chased out dude.

And what you are doing is exactly the same, the only difference being that you share his opinion.

He absolutely deserves to be chased out. He doesn't provide anything but unreasonable hate hidden behind "logical take" bs. 

There is nothing logical in his statements, nor is there anything factual, only his opinions. But opinions filled with so much hate are not that valuable. He claimed how Poku is going to be a star. How is that logical? But for some reason, Moses doesn't even deserve a chance.

If the only thing he said was to be a bit more realistic with Moses takes, and how he might not end up being that great. Everything would be fine. BUT he came here saying how Moses is the worst basketball player of all time and how we shouldn't even consider giving him a chance and should drop him immediately, which is obviously ridiculous.

New player with increased opportunity who had a couple of great games is an absolute must own for the time being. That's how fantasy is won. It's quite simple, reward is bigger than the risk. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't, but giving him so much hate from the start is really pathethic. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

And what you are doing is exactly the same, the only difference being that you share his opinion.

He absolutely deserves to be chased out. He doesn't provide anything but unreasonable hate hidden behind "logical take" bs. 

There is nothing logical in his statements, nor is there anything factual, only his opinions. But opinions filled with so much hate are not that valuable. He claimed how Poku is going to be a star. How is that logical? But for some reason, Moses doesn't even deserve a chance.

If the only thing he said was to be a bit more realistic with Moses takes, and how he might not end up being that great. Everything would be fine. BUT he came here saying how Moses is the worst basketball player of all time and how we shouldn't even consider giving him a chance and should drop him immediately, which is obviously ridiculous.

New player with increased opportunity who had a couple of great games is an absolute must own for the time being. That's how fantasy is won. It's quite simple, reward is bigger than the risk. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't, but giving him so much hate from the start is really pathethic. 

I don't know bud, I think I provided a reason why I'd not be endorsing Moses Brown ROS - Tony Bradley.  I think the Thunder have a better option at the 5 and I suspect he'll eat up the minutes Brown was getting.  Thus far, seems to be playing out that way.  I made a couple of jokes about Moses when some other posters came at me saying things, similar to you, that my take was invalid.

If they hadn't brought Bradley in, I would have been fully on board the Moses train.  I think he has a shot to be an end of the rotation guy if he keeps working as hard as he's been.

I'm also not sure why you think my Poku comment was ridiculous, but you have a right to a take on that too.  I'm not offended, though why don't you just give him a chance?  lol

Lastly, you come off a little sensitive.  Fantasy hoops is fun, it'll be okay.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I don't know bud, I think I provided a reason why I'd not be endorsing Moses Brown ROS - Tony Bradley.  I think the Thunder have a better option at the 5 and I suspect he'll eat up the minutes Brown was getting.  Thus far, seems to be playing out that way.  I made a couple of jokes about Moses when some other posters came at me saying things, similar to you, that my take was invalid.

If they hadn't brought Bradley in, I would have been fully on board the Moses train.  I think he has a shot to be an end of the rotation guy if he keeps working as hard as he's been.

I'm also not sure why you think my Poku comment was ridiculous, but you have a right to a take on that too.  I'm not offended, though why don't you just give him a chance?  lol

Lastly, you come off a little sensitive.  Fantasy hoops is fun, it'll be okay.

You certainly seem very committed to bash Brown and calm down the overall enthusiasm on a young player giving happiness to fantasy owners, I'm not so sure how much fun you bring to the table. Being there and offering objective criticism at the beginning is okay but keep coming back on this specific thread just to offer criticism is a little weird, and certainly not "fun". 

1 minute ago, Buckley76 said:

You certainly seem very committed to bash Brown and calm down the overall enthusiasm on a young player giving happiness to fantasy owners, I'm not so sure how much fun you bring to the table. Being there and offering objective criticism at the beginning is okay but keep coming back on this specific thread just to offer criticism is a little weird, and certainly not "fun". 

Well, that's an interesting take but I disagree.   I come to these boards as a source for information so as to make the best, most informed decisions on my fantasy roster as possible.  I like to know the good and bad when considering my options.  That whole process is fun to me.

I'm discouraged that some people are so offended when presented with subjective opinions that differ from their own.  I won't get into a whole existential discussion on this topic but it's troubling because often times the topics people need to discuss are more important than fantasy rosters.

For those that are interested - in last night's post-game presser, Daigneault answered a direct question about Tony Bradley by praising both him and Moses.  The reporter didn't mention Brown, but straight away he gave credit to both players for their ability to roll to the basket off a screen.  He then said some complementary things about Bradley (soft hands, awareness etc...) and said they were still getting to know one another.

My gut feel is we may have a split here like we've seen the past two games unless one of the players separates decisively.

14 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Well, that's an interesting take but I disagree.   I come to these boards as a source for information so as to make the best, most informed decisions on my fantasy roster as possible.  I like to know the good and bad when considering my options.  That whole process is fun to me.

I'm discouraged that some people are so offended when presented with subjective opinions that differ from their own.  I won't get into a whole existential discussion on this topic but it's troubling because often times the topics people need to discuss are more important than fantasy rosters.

From my perspective, you play Fantasy :

- to win or at least get the better results 

- but also to have fun and being happy to have picked a good roster, good players, in the draft and also in the FA market. And nothing makes you as happy as getting a Moses Brown type player for free ! I play in a 16 team league where offensive AND defensive rebounds and Doubles doubles count, I can tell you that I'm very happy to have grabbed Brown.

So, I think you very much know that when there are so many posts on this players, it's because Fantasy GMs are very happy to have grabbed Brown ! And you're kind of a joy kill in this. You have told what you wanted to tell, why come and come again and again ? 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Buckley76 said:

From my perspective, you play Fantasy :

- to win or at least get the better results 

- but also to have fun and being happy to have picked a good roster, good players, in the draft and also in the FA market. And nothing makes you as happy as getting a Moses Brown type player for free ! I play in a 16 team league where offensive AND defensive rebounds and Doubles doubles count, I can tell you that I'm very happy to have grabbed Brown.

So, I think you very much know that when there are so many posts on this players, it's because Fantasy GMs are very happy to have grabbed Brown ! And you're kind of a joy kill in this. You have told what you wanted to tell, why come and come again and again ? 

If your joy is killed, refocus your feelings toward Moses Brown and leave me out of it.

In Deep leagues (16+ teams) Brown will be valuable ros.

Managers in those leagues will be happy to own brown at zero cost to get him.

Question for those Brown's owners in deep leagues is:  Would you  be happier if Bradley wasn't on OKC roster.

That is basically what Sixersfan is saying.

And yes, Pokusevski will be a big star in the NBA.

If Lakers had 19 years old 7 footer with great feel for the game, who can handle the ball and and can shoot we would be hearing a lot about second coming of Magic

• Thanks 1

Late season pickup at no cost. Enjoy the highs and lows

This isn't like a high pick like Oubre Jr who downright is disappointing 

It's fun to enjoy the highs with fellow fantasy ballers 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, legoDude said:

Question for those Brown's owners in deep leagues is:  Would you  be happier if Bradley wasn't on OKC roster.

That is basically what Sixersfan is saying.

And yes, Pokusevski will be a big star in the NBA.

If Lakers had 19 years old 7 footer with great feel for the game, who can handle the ball and and can shoot we would be hearing a lot about second coming of Magic

Hahahahaahahahaha, this is the new low on fantasy forums. Did you really created this account just so you give likes and support your other one. Respect! :D

And no it isn't, he is ****ing on guy like he is complete trash. Once again if all you said was, "Hey Moses might not be that great. but enjoy the ride", everything would be cool. That's not what you did, you just came here to hate.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Hahahahaahahahaha, this is the new low on fantasy forums. Did you really created this account just so you give likes and support your other one. Respect! :D

And no it isn't, he is ****ing on guy like he is complete trash. Once again if all you said was, "Hey Moses might not be that great. but enjoy the ride", everything would be cool. That's not what you did, you just came here to hate.

I assure you there is only one of me if you're suggesting otherwise.  I paid a few compliments to Moses Brown.  I don't think he's complete trash at all.  I think he's a guy who has further to go than Tony Bradley, and therefore, somewhat likely to lose playing time to him.  If you actually read the thread you'd know that the hate was coming at me, not the other way around.

I'm okay with it, but just sayin.

1 hour ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Oh boy, here we go again.   Cannot contribute in a meaningful way, can you? 

Here is what I said:

4 hours ago, legoDude said:

What part of it is "****ing on guy like he is complete trash"?

33 minutes ago, legoDude said:

Oh boy, here we go again.   Cannot contribute in a meaningful way, can you? 

Here is what I said:

What part of it is "****ing on guy like he is complete trash"?

Just stop it, it is quite obvious that you are SixersFan. Stop trolling and hating. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I assure you there is only one of me if you're suggesting otherwise.  I paid a few compliments to Moses Brown.  I don't think he's complete trash at all.  I think he's a guy who has further to go than Tony Bradley, and therefore, somewhat likely to lose playing time to him.  If you actually read the thread you'd know that the hate was coming at me, not the other way around.

I'm okay with it, but just sayin.

There are a lot of users here who seem to think that just because they picked up a waiver player after a couple of good games, they must be superstars, and they get really upset when you critique anything about them.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, legoDude said:

Second coming of Magic? Holy Hot Takes, Batman.

I like Poku, but let's just try and stay in our current dimension of reality.

Magic Johnson would have ate this stick man for breakfast.

Edited by hornrimmed_rambis
length
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Do you have a player comparison for a Poku reasonable upside case?  I almost see him with a similar upside to Jokic with such a unique skill set.

If you don't think he has that upside I'm curious on your comparison.

11 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Do you have a player comparison for a Poku reasonable upside case?  I almost see him with a similar upside to Jokic with such a unique skill set.

Cyborg nic batum

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I agree I dont see jokic game exactly but theres a creativity and freedom that they share.

I think as he refines his game and learns what works and what doesnt he's going to be a really special player. 

If I was in a dynasty league I'd make sure I was all over him

38 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I mean, tbh, there is no easy comp. What is appealing about Poku is precisely the unique combo of height and passing. Add in the stick figure, and you have a hilarious Frankenstein of a player right now.

Not this year, but in the future after he gains some muscle and improves his shooting, he has a chance to change the game, as a truly unique player.

That said, it's been attempted before, and there are no guarantees. Anthony Randolph, Boris Diaw. Tall, passing point forwards. Maybe Lamar Odom. If he adds muscle and learns how to square his shoulders, he could be as good as Brandon Ingram. 

It's like asking what if Manute Bol had handles and could pass like Jason Kidd? I refuse to put Poku in the Jokic/Magic/C-Webb category until he can actually show it, for even a month.

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

First , this would be my last post about Pokusevski in Brown's thread.  I am happy to discuss  further in Pousevski thread.

Second, Prime Magic would  have all-you-can-eat buffet against anyone currently playing in the NBA, we are in agreement about this.

Pokusevski has an interesting life story. he successfully overcome several significant obstacles.  For abbreviated version, see   his Wikipedia page.

Key point is that he started playing organized basketball in Serbia and Greece at the very young ages. His fundamentals and feel for the game are  very good.   And if you follow European basketball,  you should know that it's  a veteran's game. If 17 year old steps on the court in a meaningful game in the biggest club competition in Europe, that's a pretty big deal

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/847137/aleksej-pokusevski-became-youngest-ever-olympiacos-player-to-debut-in-euroleague/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

All that is missing is body strength in order to fully break out.  I am sure OKC has someone who can help with that.

Focusing on his "stick figure" is overblown  out of proportions imo

How many 19 years old that are    6' 7" or  taller came  to the league with an NBA ready body? 

Player comparisons, there isn't anyone in the NBA that is  like him.   Pokusevski  reminds me a lot Dejan Bodiroga, imo the best player ever that never played in the NBA.

Comparing to current NBA players, in 5 years from now, I   See his floor as present day  Ingram.  His ceiling, just below prime Jokic ( he will never be better)

7 minutes ago, legoDude said:

First , this would be my last post about Pokusevski in Brown's thread.  I am happy to discuss  further in Pousevski thread.

Second, Prime Magic would  have all-you-can-eat buffet against anyone currently playing in the NBA, we are in agreement about this.

Pokusevski has an interesting life story. he successfully overcome several significant obstacles.  For abbreviated version, see   his Wikipedia page.

Key point is that he started playing organized basketball in Serbia and Greece at the very young ages. His fundamentals and feel for the game are  very good.   And if you follow European basketball,  you should know that it's  a veteran's game. If 17 year old steps on the court in a meaningful game in the biggest club competition in Europe, that's a pretty big deal

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/847137/aleksej-pokusevski-became-youngest-ever-olympiacos-player-to-debut-in-euroleague/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

All that is missing is body strength in order to fully break out.  I am sure OKC has someone who can help with that.

Focusing on his "stick figure" is overblown  out of proportions imo

How many 19 years old that are    6' 7" or  taller came  to the league with an NBA ready body? 

Player comparisons, there isn't anyone in the NBA that is  like him.   Pokusevski  reminds me a lot Dejan Bodiroga, imo the best player ever that never played in the NBA.

Comparing to current NBA players, in 5 years from now, I   See his floor as present day  Ingram.  His ceiling, just below prime Jokic ( he will never be better)

Forgive me for jumping in you guys' argument, but: I don't think Prime Magic would dominate today's NBA... Prime Magic couldn't shoot to save his life, and NBA today won't be dumb enough to put 6'2" point guards on him. Teams today also don't roster 6'8" slow white guys just because they are 6'8" and could shoot 18 footers - they rather roster 6'8" black guys who can't shoot at all but are uber athletic. The level of baseline athleticism and physicality has increased quite a bit from the old days. In terms of athleticism, Scottie Pippen was head and shoulder above everyone back then, but you look at today's NBA there is at least 1 Pippen level athlete (not basketball player) on every team.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

Forgive me for jumping in you guys' argument, but: I don't think Prime Magic would dominate today's NBA... Prime Magic couldn't shoot to save his life, and NBA today won't be dumb enough to put 6'2" point guards on him. Teams today also don't roster 6'8" slow white guys just because they are 6'8" and could shoot 18 footers - they rather roster 6'8" black guys who can't shoot at all but are uber athletic. The level of baseline athleticism and physicality has increased quite a bit from the old days. In terms of athleticism, Scottie Pippen was head and shoulder above everyone back then, but you look at today's NBA there is at least 1 Pippen level athlete (not basketball player) on every team.

I was thinking about this while grocery shopping.  Larry Bird is the best comp.  Poku has a strong lower body now, if the rest of his body fills out and he has some of Bird's competitiveness and desire I think they'd be very similar.  When Bird came into the league, his height was similar to what 7' is today.

I know it's bad form to post about one player in another's thread, but I think it's an interesting point.  Bird developed better with Parrish and McHale than he would have with lesser players.  Brining it back to Moses Brown, I don't think he feels the game well enough to help Maledon and Poku.  I think Bradley is better suited for their development as a courtmate.