NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Moses Brown 2020-2021 Outlook

10 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

What's the deal with this guy? Is only Horford in his way? How does he look on the eye test?

Long and athletic, elite shot blocker and they'll shut Horford down. No one stopping this kid 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmao second-guessing dropping KMJ after this comment. Also weary of the fact that they are facing the bulls - a center's dream

Exactly why I'm not reading too much into a big game today.  Bulls are absolutely pathetic in the paint and are top-3 worst in the league for paint points allowed.

Even if Horford gets traded (OKC deserves GM of the year if they pull that off) Brown is going to be a roller coaster to own, even worse than Robert Williams IMO.

I don't get it.

"Don't rush to add him".

This is a prime breakout situation. Any flashes of potential will result in PT. 

He's already able to produce on limited minutes, and with this kind of performance tonight? Are the coaches, who's FOCUSED on player development, gonna say "Oh it's the Bulls" and not give him more minutes?

Don't overthink this. The more you take time to think, the faster someone savvy in your league will grab him before you do.

If he flops, you drop him. Didn't cost you much from a FA add. If you strike out, you win.

Easy gamble to take.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I don't get it.

"Don't rush to add him".

He's already able to produce on limited minutes, and with this kind of performance tonight? Are the coaches, who's FOCUSED on player development, gonna say "Oh it's the Bulls" and not give him more minutes?

Don't overthink this. The more you take time to think, the faster someone savvy in your league will grab him before you do.

If he flops, you drop him. Didn't cost you much from a FA add. If you strike out, you win.

Easy gamble to take.

In the main I agree but I don't think it's prime breakout.  People were saying exactly the same thing with Gafford last season when WCJ was injured.  If you're in anything deeper than an 8 team league though I think he's an add if you're chasing blocks but don't expect anything close to Gobert-like lines on a consistent basis.  He looks way too raw.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

10 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I don't get it.

"Don't rush to add him".

Easy gamble to take.

spot on - they already have shown hes moved ahead of roby in their view & are gonna find a way to be giving him meaningful mins even if horford plays because like you said - at this point what purpose does it serve not developing their youngsters. just added him for noel hopefully this will make me feel better for missing out on time lord!

I supposed it doesn't matter with this line, but one of his fouls was actually the cleanest block of all. He should have 5 blocks, and only 3 fouls at this point.

Just being greedy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

I don't get it.

"Don't rush to add him".

Easy gamble to take.

mostly spot on, but didnt cost you much from an FA add is strictly dependent on league size and who your worst player is.

my most droppable guy is malik beasley who is due back in 11 days so if he flops and i lose out malik could be big

Just now, heyitsmattdelly said:

mostly spot on, but didnt cost you much from an FA add is strictly dependent on league size and who your worst player is.

my most droppable guy is malik beasley who is due back in 11 days so if he flops and i lose out malik could be big

I'm in a similar situation. 10 team points league and my worst drops are DLO and WCJ

2 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

In the main I agree but I don't think it's prime breakout.  People were saying exactly the same thing with Gafford last season when WCJ was injured.  If you're in anything deeper than an 8 team league though I think he's an add if you're chasing blocks but don't expect anything close to Gobert-like lines on a consistent basis.  He looks way too raw.

I understand. My main point was that if you hesitate and focus on certain aspects such as rawness before you get a chance to grab him it might be a jackpot that flew away. It's simply a matter of seeing how it plays out. It is what it is with these types of breakout situations.

The combination of physical tools + stats + opportunity already make him a strong add in my books, plus he's already pretty much locked in to a limited role so at least you know he's got that going for him. Per-minute production ain't too bad.

@heyitsmattdelly Spot on. Really depends on your league size and who you can afford to drop. Definitely not dropping studs like Beasley but for guys like Bertans/Melton? Sure, why not.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Dammit, I want to drop WCJ and pick this guy up but I played WCJ tonight so I gotta wait till 3 am. IDK if he'll even make it till then

LOL, same here, I'm dropping Noel at 3.  I keep refreshing my league page praying no one picks him up 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Exactly why I'm not reading too much into a big game today.  Bulls are absolutely pathetic in the paint and are top-3 worst in the league for paint points allowed.

Even if Horford gets traded (OKC deserves GM of the year if they pull that off) Brown is going to be a roller coaster to own, even worse than Robert Williams IMO.

It's not just today. He's been solid everytime he's played. You always add upside via waivers and this is a rebuilding team 

43 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Lmao second-guessing dropping KMJ after this comment. Also weary of the fact that they are facing the bulls - a center's dream

Lol I'm making this move tomorrow. Wood returning will affect KMJ 

• Like 1