NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

You're not missing anything. Not every RB can be an Ironman like Saquon, CMC, Cook, etc.

You forgot Kamara

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted about this last year for Mixon, and it's absolutely the truth. Here is Mixon's career ADP, RB rank from Weeks 1--13, and RB rank for the full season: Why that breakdown? Because the fa

As we dissect mixons upside and his downside.   As we debate over Sewell or ja'marr. As we debate if burrows will take the needed next step this offense needs him to. One thing sure stands out to me. 

Mixon is a underperformer or has been hurt  his whole career. Hes one of those backs that you thought you drafted at good value but then is as unreliable or inefficient as a gas guzzlin 60's ford with

Posted Images

I'd be happy to take Mixon in the 3rd round but no earlier. I think the potential for a huge season IS there more so if Gio gets traded but it's hard to bite earlier than that given his injury history. 

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

If they take a WR round 1, you better pray they take a guard and center with the next 2 picks

I can't imagine the Bengals are actually crazy enough to pass on Sewell if he makes it past the Falcons. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

I can't imagine the Bengals are actually crazy enough to pass on Sewell if he makes it past the Falcons. 

I wouldnt be surprised.

they need interior linemen badly, and I bet they're thinking they can get a quality guard or center in the 2nd

Edited by Chippa
4 hours ago, sSektor said:

Outside of Lawrence not going at pick #1 if the Bengals pass on Sewell at 5 that would be the biggest possible surprise of the draft for me.   Protect your franchise qb.    Burrows already missed games last year.  You add Sewell at 5 then piece the rest of your draft.  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Farfromhome said:

Outside of Lawrence not going at pick #1 if the Bengals pass on Sewell at 5 that would be the biggest possible surprise of the draft for me.   Protect your franchise qb.    Burrows already missed games last year.  You add Sewell at 5 then piece the rest of your draft.  

Totally agree. I wonder what Burrow wants, though - a talented lineman to protect him or his buddy Ja'Marr that helped him set the world on fire two seasons ago. 

Hard to say what burrows wants.    If I look at it logically.   If I was burrow and I had the wrs weapons the Patriots had then id say please give me Ja'maar....but if I was looking around at my weapons and saw Boyd, Higgins, and mixon I'd say please give me Sewell ...Bengals weapons aren't great but they young and have potential....please protect me

There will be a great receiver for them in round 2.

There won't be a Sewell replacement. 

They'd be certifiable to turn him down. 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Gio released, which should lead to more Mixon snaps...possibly. 

They have NOBODY behind him right now. That will change. Either they draft someone in the middle rounds, or they'll give a cheap deal to Duke Johnson, James Conner, or someone. I like Mixon, but the release of Gio is irrelevant to his value, because there will be a Gio replacement. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

They have NOBODY behind him right now. That will change. Either they draft someone in the middle rounds, or they'll give a cheap deal to Duke Johnson, James Conner, or someone. I like Mixon, but the release of Gio is irrelevant to his value, because there will be a Gio replacement. 

They may like Trayveon as his backup. We’ll see what happens. I’m not ready to make absolute declarations about what it will or won’t do for him. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

They may like Trayveon as his backup. We’ll see what happens. I’m not ready to make absolute declarations about what it will or won’t do for him. 

Williams likely makes the team, but I'd bet the farm they don't go into the season with only those two RBs atop their depth chart. Backup RBs are a dime a dozen, both in FA and in the draft. They will add someone. 

Edited by ajs723
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

they just re-signed Samaje Perine

But he seems to be the Mixon back up, and not the Gio replacement

As we dissect mixons upside and his downside.   As we debate over Sewell or ja'marr. As we debate if burrows will take the needed next step this offense needs him to. One thing sure stands out to me.  Mixon is just 24 years old.   24.    Crazy.    If you read the comments on him youd think he was a 30 year old journey man.   Dudes a 24 year old rb they just paid big money to that has franchise type qb and decent wr weapons....add in the talent at pick 5 and the waiving of gio and it's hard to argue he isn't trending in the right direction.  

Edited by Farfromhome
  • Like 3
On 4/7/2021 at 5:32 PM, Farfromhome said:

As we dissect mixons upside and his downside.   As we debate over Sewell or ja'marr. As we debate if burrows will take the needed next step this offense needs him to. One thing sure stands out to me.  Mixon is just 24 years old.   24.    Crazy.    If you read the comments on him youd think he was a 30 year old journey man.   Dudes a 24 year old rb they just paid big money to that has franchise type qb and decent wr weapons....add in the talent at pick 5 and the waiving of gio and it's hard to argue he isn't trending in the right direction.  

Pick 5 is almost definitely going to be the best offensive lineman in the draft.  Everyone is focusing on how much of help that is to Burrow, but it theoretically should help Mixon a great deal as well.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, kp96 said:

Pick 5 is almost definitely going to be the best offensive lineman in the draft.  Everyone is focusing on how much of help that is to Burrow, but it theoretically should help Mixon a great deal as well.

I think you will find at least one person made a similar remark in this thread, eg on the first page ;)

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think you will find at least one person made a similar remark in this thread, eg on the first page ;)

This tends to be that point of the off-season where we’ve already gone round and round on so many points, we don’t even realize it ourselves!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was more interested when I thought the Bengals cared about protecting Burrow

Drafting Chase (as appears to be the pick) makes Mixon a guy I'll take but not actively target. They want to throw 45 times a game

5 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

I was more interested when I thought the Bengals cared about protecting Burrow

Drafting Chase (as appears to be the pick) makes Mixon a guy I'll take but not actively target. They want to throw 45 times a game

Fortunately Mixon is an outstanding receiver for a back his size & Gio has finally been put out to pasture. I’d prefer if the Bengals addressed their OL as well, but it’s not going to turn me off Mixon. Reiff is a huge upgrade & there’s plenty of OL talent available in rds 2 & 3.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, smeeze said:

The quote doesnt really say much. This is his 3rd season as OC. Its taken him this long and Bernard's departure to finally starting treating Mixon like an elite workhorse RB?

7 hours ago, Evincar said:

The quote doesnt really say much. This is his 3rd season as OC. Its taken him this long and Bernard's departure to finally starting treating Mixon like an elite workhorse RB?

People can get better at their jobs over time. It's obviously just coachspeak, but do you think the Bengals are going to make a concerted effort to get Samaje Perine, Trayveon Williams, Chris Evans, etc. involved when they have a (hopefully) healthy Joe Mixon on the bench?

10 hours ago, HTXMade said:

Bounce back year. You hear it here first

Bro, you might wanna read the first post by the OP.

Just sayin', pretty sure you're not the first to say it.

;)

• Haha 1