NBC Sports Edge Forums

My team is as follows. 9-cat league. I'm more or less punting turnovers...

PG Trae Young
SG Zach LaVine
G Donovan Mitchell
SF Buddy Hield
PF Thad Young
C1 JVS
C2 Enes Kanter
UTL1 Jamal Murray
UTL2 Lauri Markkanen
BN: Mason Plumlee, Seddiq Bey, Kevin Porter Jr., Davis Bertans, Dennis Schroeder
IL Derrick Rose, OG Anunoby

Ok, that out of the way. The offer is pretty simple: LaVine for Julius Randle.

My worry is once JJJ and Nurk are back, JVS and Kanter are both going to lose value. I think that LaVine is a better player right now and probably ranked higher in fantasy ratings, but I also think that if I'm going to make any run if I make the playoffs, I'm going to need reinforcements at the PF/C position. Every PF/C I have is a question mark, and I'm pretty loaded at guard.

The guy I'm negotiating with also has interest in Mitchell, but wouldn't trade Randle for him.

Advice and I promise to help in return.

Edited by nlm

no esp in a punt TO team Lavine is a first rounder. Fyi Kanter was 9pts and 9 rebs in 20 mins when nurkic was healthy. he was already owned in some 12 teamers before he went down. with Valanciunas, Ill worry about it when it's there. Give it a chance first. if you still dont buy what I said  Lavine should get you a better big like Vuc, Woods, or even KAT

thanks for the help with mine

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

no esp in a punt TO team Lavine is a first rounder. Fyi Kanter was 9pts and 9 rebs in 20 mins when nurkic was healthy. he was already owned in some 12 teamers before he went down. with Valanciunas, Ill worry about it when it's there. Give it a chance first. if you still dont buy what I said  Lavine should get you a better big like Vuc, Woods, or even KAT

thanks for the help with mine

I had picked Kanter up before he was a starter; I actually drafted KAT #3 and then traded him in frustration during his covid bout. I think he's bound to sit out games down the stretch, so the idea of trading back for him doesn't jive well. I offered the Jokik owner LaVine and JVS, which might be overpaying, but if I could land Jokik.... the Vuc owner is in 11th place or something and I don't expect him to trade. It's hard finding a trade partner.

What do you think about Donovan Mitchell for Porzingis? I feel like Porzingis is gonna sit too much and Mitchell is too reliable...

JJJ won't be back for a while. I like and own Randle and think he is doing amazing this season but I wouldn't trade Lavine for him. I also think you should speculate giving away Don for Bam/JA/Holmes + 1 type. JA and Holmes at the very least are less likely to get injured/rested and have great PO availability. Bam's reliability is not as solid but he'll still produce more in cats than Don. If you can find a way to get Jokic though I say go for it.

Edited by falconish

I wouldn't trade Lavine straight up for Randle. Lavine is way more valuable.  If the Jokic owner is willing to bite on that deal, I would definitely do it. Lavine + Jval is not overpaying for the best player in fantasy.  Otherwise, I would stay put or try to package Dmitch and one of either Jval, Kanter, or Plumlee for a more reliable big. Maybe the Randle owner would be down for that trade?