Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Harris 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Eh, it's not good, but not hopeless.   If White and Burkhead leave, there's only Sony in the way, and Harris might actually catch a pass now and then.   NE also still could very well draft a QB. Cam is only making 5 mil outside incentives, that's easy to bench for the future, especiallly if they start slow.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrianM said:

Eh, it's not good, but not hopeless.   If White and Burkhead leave, there's only Sony in the way, and Harris might actually catch a pass now and then.   NE also still could very well draft a QB. Cam is only making 5 mil outside incentives, that's easy to bench for the future, especiallly if they start slow.   

Cam is a placeholder. If they draft a QB Cam may be a backup after a few games. They still have plenty more cap room to go after a bigger starter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

"Cam is a placeholder. If they draft a QB Cam may be a backup after a few games. They still have plenty more cap room to go after a bigger starter." 

They might & I would've guessed otherwise, but it appears Cam is the veteran QB they're going to roll with. I do agree his role will be that of holding down the fort. This team had the most opt-outs, several along the OL, a unit that didn't do as well. They've brought back LT Trent Brown & Andrews is a guy I think they resign. I think it's a good bet they shore up this unit & they're in a position to really add. A featured WR with size & a catch radius, they've got to have.

Those factors would lend themselves to Harris greatly. Not a home run hitter, doesn't possess that quick-twitch elusiveness, but neither are weaknesses, along with very good ball skills. In redraft you'll be choosing between him & a down & distance guy. To me, that's a no-brainer. Zack Moss is another one you'll be able to get in the back. Loved both these guys last year & neither broke big. Considering their price, I like them both again.   

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Very talented runner with a good production profile at a top school in college

I'm more bothered by re-signing White. Would have liked to see Harris catch some passes

Edited by mocha4313
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Very talented runner with a good production profile at a top school in college

I'm more bothered by re-signing White. Would have liked to see Harris catch some passes

The Cam re-signing bothers me way more than White. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:


im not sold on this. 
 

damien is pretty good at football

problem lies not within the chap's talent, Cleetz ... it lies within the skullduggery of the Cam gl package 📦

not to mention we've seen the Gnu poach a couple/few tuggs from King Hendry ... he's no stranger to goal line totes. 

it's a longshot, but i'll plunk if offered on a prop slate ... wouldn't be the worst wager i've ever made, i assure you 🦇

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's the only Pats player I'm looking to draft. Good value pick and I think Cam ends up running less this season (or just gets benched permanently after a few weeks if he still looks bad.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t touch him in a PPR league, no matter the QB.  But I don’t see why Cam would suddenly stop doing the one thing he knows he can do well: run, especially at the stripe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 5:22 PM, BMcP said:

"I wouldn’t touch him in a PPR league, no matter the QB.  But I don’t see why Cam would suddenly stop doing the one thing he knows he can do well: run, especially at the stripe."

I agree that Cam still has decent mobility, for a QB. Personally, I view much of his success down near the goal the result of plays being poorly defended. They're often just walk-ins, unless the defense keys on him. He's still big & strong, more than capable of pushing the pile on a 1-yard keeper or leaping over the line & extending the ball over the goal. Although, I want to say that reportedly Belichick is opposed to his players doing that. They either get the offense in the right play or he does, they have to get that back. If not, I agree w/Sektor, Cam gets benched. We know the Niners are done with Garoppolo, a player they gave up a 2nd rd pick for. He isn't worth much more than that. After the draft, if they have their QB, I think a move here becomes a real possibility.   

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...