NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Bobby Witt Jr- SS KC

9 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Saw he got pulled tonight. Hopefully not injury related, but seems likely given the inning and score in the game.

Just read it was an ankle injury.  Was helped off field.  With Abrams lost for the season, a single tear will roll down each eye if this is anything serious.

13 hours ago, kwelch said:

I'd have to imagine upon this call up to AAA if he has some semblance of sustained success into mid-August, he'll be called up for his month plus cup of coffee with the Royals (Witt that is).

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I'd have to imagine upon this call up to AAA if he has some semblance of sustained success into mid-August, he'll be called up for his month plus cup of coffee with the Royals (Witt that is).

Where would KC play him? 2B or SS?

Edited by OrangeCrush

7 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Where would KC play him? 2B or SS?

I'd have to think second with Merrifield moving to the OF.  They'd find a spot in their every day lineup - they'll have the same "issue" next year with Mondesi/Merrifield UNLESS this is the offseason they finally move Merrifield for some nice pieces.

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

i know im breaching cool story bro territory but i'm so glad i trade adell for the rights to draft witt.

Great move! In my dynasty league, I actually moved Wander in a package that included Witt and I'm glad I did...I think Witt is going to be a fantasy monster...

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

I get Tatis superstar vibes with him

Man I hope you are right, but Tatis is 1 of 1 i think. I remember when Baez and Moncada were supposed to be Tatis before Tatis, didn't happen. Great careers, but not close. I think we'll get something in the middle between Moncada and Tatis. If Witt hits his ceiling, maybe we can talk Tatis vibes. Very unlikely though in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, hgh22 said:

Man I hope you are right, but Tatis is 1 of 1 i think. I remember when Baez and Moncada were supposed to be Tatis before Tatis, didn't happen. Great careers, but not close. I think we'll get something in the middle between Moncada and Tatis. If Witt hits his ceiling, maybe we can talk Tatis vibes. Very unlikely though in my opinion. 

Realistically his upside will most likely be similar to Trevor Story

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 11:05 PM, rasto21585 said:

I get Tatis superstar vibes with him

Probably less power but easily better defense. Agree that be has the look of a near future superstar

Royals fan here - no inside info but I have a guy feel he is up sooner than later. Would not be at all surprised to see the Royals bring him and Prato up together as the two are close friends.