NBC Sports Edge Forums

It's a yearly tradition, so I think it's time to roll out everyone's predictions for 2021. While the thread says "Bold" predictions, I prefer to lay out my general predictions, whether or not they're bold or not. So here's mine:

1. Lucas Giolito wins the AL Cy Young

2. Luis Robert finishes outside the top 20 outfielders

3. Keston Hiura finishes outside the top 10 second basemen

4. JD Martinez becomes droppable in 10 team leagues in the second half

5. Pablo Lopez finishes as a top 15 SP

6. Anthony Santander finishes with 30+ hr's and 100+ rbi's

7. Andres Gimenez finishes as a top 10 shortstop

8. Tyler Mahle finishes as a top 15 SP

9. CJ Cron finishes with 30+ hr's and 100+ rbi's

10. Tejay Antone finishes as a top 30 SP

11. Dylan Cease finishes as a top 30 SP

12. Mike Minor finishes as a top 20 SP

13. Tatis Jr. goes 40/30 and wins the NL MVP

So, how about yours?

• Like 2
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Byron Buxton plays 160 games.

@WahooManiac reverses course, posts throughout the year and returns to fantasy baseball.

This thread should be renamed "Projections for guys that are on my team."

1. Clint Frazier hits 30+ hr's

2. Nick Madrigal wins the batting title

3. Dansby Swanson finishes as a top 5 shortstop

4. Christian Pache wins Gold Glove and NL ROY

5. Corbin Burnes finishes top 5 in Cy Young

6. Kyle Tucker goes 30/30

7. Byron Buxton goes 30/30 and finishes top 5 in MVP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One of the best threads every year. Here I go

1. Corbin Burnes is the best SP in the NL, but only pitches 150 IP and narrowly misses the 2021 NL CY Young

2. Vlad gains back 15 lbs during the season and improves his GB% to only 38%. .290 with 30 HRs and Vlad stans take their “I told you so” victory lap

3. Eloy Jimenez hits 46 HR to lead the AL

4. Judge and Stanton both play 140+ games in the regular season with 40 HRs apiece but get injured before the playoff run, leading to NYY getting swept

5. DeGrom fastball averages 99.9 mph this year, leading to some predicting TJ in 2022

6. Randy Arozarena hits 30 HR, 19 SB. 
7. Joey Gallo hits 43 HR and .230 - not bad

8. Yordan AL comeback player of the year  at 1B with 36 HR (plays 145 games and takes breaks)

9. Wander Franco gets called up in June and hits .307 rest of season with 14 HR

10. Lucas Giolito has a K% of 35% sporting his new curveball. The fastball/changeup are still also as deadly as ever

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

1. Corbin Burnes is the best SP in the NL, but only pitches 150 IP and narrowly misses the 2021 NL CY Young

2. Vlad gains back 15 lbs during the season and improves his GB% to only 38%. .290 with 30 HRs and Vlad stans take their “I told you so” victory lap

4. Judge and Stanton both play 140+ games in the regular season with 40 HRs apiece but get injured before the playoff run, leading to NYY getting swept

5. DeGrom fastball averages 99.9 mph this year, leading to some predicting TJ in 2022

8. Yordan AL comeback player of the year  at 1B with 36 HR (plays 145 games and takes breaks)

10. Lucas Giolito has a K% of 35% sporting his new curveball. The fastball/changeup are still also as deadly as ever

I started with a Dodgers Yankees world series #1 and that 1 of those 2 sluggers would play in at least 140 games, 2 is bold but here's hoping. 

Lane Thomas supplants Bader by May and goes 20/10.

Corey Seager hits 40 HRs and wins MVP

Tejay Antone becomes the Reds closer and finishes as the top RP with over with Hader like numbers with over 110Ks

Grichuk hits .280 35 HR with a full time role

Bryce Harper hits 50 HR

David Fletcher wins the batting title with a .350 avg

Nick Senzel stays health and goes 20-20

Freddy Peralta's numbers stay exactly the same

Injuries get Jason Vosler into the lineup early and he wins ROY

• Like 2

Glasnow wins the AL Cy Young 

Gallo hits .260

Kluber finishes as a top 10 SP

IKF finishes as the number 1 catcher

Alonso wins NL MVP and hits 50 hrs 

White Sox finish with the best regular season record 

Jose Abreu wins AL MVP

Dalbec hits 40 hrs

Spencer Howard and Logan Gilbert win Rookie of the Year

Acuna finishes outside the top 10 OFers

• Like 2
2 hours ago, UberRebel said:

Just curious why would Burnes only pitch 150, is he on a limit? 

13 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

Byron Buxton plays 160 games.

There's always one poster who ruins this thread with the ridiculous.

• Haha 6
11 hours ago, Redphan said:

Just curious why would Burnes only pitch 150, is he on a limit? 

I think consensus thought this year is that a lot of the younger guys will be limited due to short season/smaller innings numbers last year. 

- Jeff McNeil outperforms DJ LeMahiue in 5x5 (spelling?)

- McKenzie Gore throws more innings for the Padres than does Musgrove

- Mets finish in 3rd place in the NL East, behind Atlanta and MIAMI!

- Luzardo's ERA never dips below 4.00

- Trevor Bauer finishes outside the top 20 in ML starters

- Bregman and Altuve combine to hit only 25 homers and neither hits over .275

- toronto leads the majors in runs scored, but also in runs allowed, thus failing to make the playoffs

- Judge and Stanton each miss 40+ games, again.

- Eovaldi finishes top 3 in AL Cy Young voting

• Like 1

Michael Kopech finishes the year as a top 10 SP. 

This kid is my diamond in the rough this year. People are sleeping on him big time.  He’ll be on many championship fantasy teams this season IMO. 

Side note - anyone know where I can find mock drafts consisting of notable forum posters? Been sifting through the pages and can’t seem to find any. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

1. Jacob Degrom rides his 100 MPH to TJ surgery and is the LVP this year, and a pitcher is never again considered for the #1 overall pick in standard leagues.  Two of Corbin Burnes, Brandon Woodruff, Walker Buehler, and Blake Snell gets TJ, and the rest have various injuries throughout the year, making them all busts.  As a bonus, Nate Pearson also gets TJ.

2. Bryce Harper is the best hitter in baseball.  He hits over 300 and has 40+ HR.  He is drafted in the top 5 next year.

3.  Lance Lynn AND Sandy Alcantara return top 10 SP value, both with top 5 in IP and a sub 3.5 ERA for both of them.

4.  Nolan Arenado continues his declining peripherals and ends up outside of the top 100 hitters.  The Rockies look like geniuses after the season, and at least 2 fans personally pen letters to their GM with apologies.

5.  Franmil Reyes hits over 260 with 40+ HR.  Joey Gallo hits over 230 with 40+ HR.  They both easily outproduce Cruz, Yordan, Stanton, and J.D. Martinez, all of who have higher ADPs.

6.  Bo Bichette hits 15 or less HR with ~270 average, and we all ask why we drafted someone with 300 AB in the top 25.

7.   Adbert Alzolay is Corbin Burnes 2.0, and is a top 35 SP next year.

8.  James Paxton finally turns in a healthy season, becoming a top 20 SP.

9. Anthony Santander hits 290+ with 30+ HR.

10.  Ke'Bryan Hayes takes his adaptable mindset all the way to stardom, hitting over 300 with 25 HR and 15 SB.  Somehow, he ends up with less than 70 of both RBI and Runs.

Bonus (for those that are in dynasty leagues):  Max Meyer becomes consensus top 7 prospect by the end of the season, and has a sub 1.5 ERA.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

This kid is my diamond in the rough this year. People are sleeping on him big time.  He’ll be on many championship fantasy teams this season IMO. 

Side note - anyone know where I can find mock drafts consisting of notable forum posters? Been sifting through the pages and can’t seem to find any. Thanks in advance.

I hope you are right, but I dont see him getting enough starts or IP to be top 10. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I don’t know that there have been any forum mocks this year. 

On 3/14/2021 at 1:35 AM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Won't have enough innings even if he pitches well.

• Like 1

I'll just get my favorites out of the way. 

David Dahl hits 30+ homers and an OPS .900+

Byron Buxton goes 30/30 and wins a gold glove in CF

Cody Bellinger goes back to MVP form with 35+ homers 100+ rbi and 10+ steals

Jose Berrios takes the AL Cy Young with his 16 wins, 220+K, 2.98 era 

Robbie Ray and his adjusted mechanics get him a strong season 15 wins, 3.75 era, 250+ K's

Alex Bregman shows that his ADP in NFBC (late 40's) is an abomination, he delivers a 40+ homer 100+ rbi season and is back into the top 24 range. 

1.)In a 12-15 team league it will be possible to assemble a top three relieving staff without drafting/auctioning a single reliever.

2.)In a 12-15 team league it will be possible to assemble a starting pitching staff that finishes in the top half of the league without drafting/auctioning a single starter.

3.)Catcher and First Base are perceived as shallow positions, but by the second month of the season people are going to realize they're actually MUCH shallower than they currently think.

4.)Despite an almost certain work stoppage in 2022 teams will continue to manipulate service time as though the existing rules will continue unchanged.

5.)Anthony Rendon will show the first significant warning signs that the Angels have handed out yet another moronic albatross of a long-term contract.

6.)Not only does no pitcher win 20 games, no pitcher wins 19 games, either.  I'm on the fence whether someone manages to eke out 18.

7.)The effect of the "new" ball will be minimal to nonexistent.  

8.)Max Scherzer, rested from his quasi year off, will be the second best starter in the NL ... in part because Yu, Walker, and Nola will all miss time.  

9,)Assuming he actually gets a roughly equal amount of playing time, Dominic Smith will return at least roughly equal value as Pete Alonso.

10.)I'm not too sure about this one ... Stanton clears 145 games played and has 500+ at-bats.

1. Will Smith far and away becomes the #1 Catcher in fantasy baseball without contest as he smashes 30+ HR with a .300+ Average, drawing rave reviews as the new Mike Piazza.

2. Francisco Lindor joins the long list of Mets veteran failures and falls outside the Top 10 at SS (Y! Eligibility).

3. Tyler Glasnow and Corbin Burnes are both Cy Young finalists (Top 3).

4. Clayton Kershaw dials back the clock and throws 200 IP.

5. Cristian Javier finishes the year as a Top 25 SP, and highest ranked SP in Houston.

6. Alex Colome changes his pitching approach with the Twins, sends his SO9 above 9 per 9 (6.5 last year) and finishes as a Top 3 fantasy closer at a bargain price.

7. Kevin Gausman achieves his final form, finishing as an SP2 or better, and signs with the Dodgers in the off-season, sending @brockpapersizer to the moon. 🚀🚀🚀

8. Victor Reyes breaks out and turns in 30+ SB with 15+ HR.

9. Dominic Smith is too legit to quit, goes 90/30/90 with .300 Average, despite no DH.

10. Austin Slater goes 20/20 with 900 OPS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 3/14/2021 at 12:15 AM, Fbaseballgod said:

2. Bryce Harper is the best hitter in baseball.  He hits over 300 and has 40+ HR.  He is drafted in the top 5 next year.

5.  Franmil Reyes hits over 260 with 40+ HR. 

I am on board with both of those.  I might hedge a little on Reyes topping 40 homers, but I'll go along for the ride.