NBC Sports Edge Forums

Romano gets 30+ saves with Yates being hurt all year.

Dalbac hits 45 hr's.

Angel player wins AL MVP. And it is not Trout. Ohtani finally stays healthy all year and wins MVP.

K. Hayes win NL ROY on worst team in baseball.

I. Anderson wins NL Cy Young.

• Like 2
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Byron Buxton plays 160 games.

@WahooManiac reverses course, posts throughout the year and returns to fantasy baseball.

This thread should be renamed "Projections for guys that are on my team."

1 minute ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Same as Trout being MVP. + 200...Next best guy in MLB is + 750

Yeah, Trout being MVP isn't a bold call at all, I admit that. I said it when I wrote it too, still think he's being disrespected in fantasy drafts and am saying he will be the #1 pick next year, which is more bold considering he;'s not the favorite for that.

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

Yeah, Trout being MVP isn't a bold call at all, I admit that. I said it when I wrote it too, still think he's being disrespected in fantasy drafts and am saying he will be the #1 pick next year, which is more bold considering he;'s not the favorite for that.

# 1 on my draft board in redraft leagues. Safest guy out there for me.

4 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Well you're in the minority there, but I respect that take and agree with it. His ADP is closer to 5-6th off the board.

Edited by brockpapersizer
9 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

the thing is, how many people here would actually go Trout given they had the #1 overall pick?

2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

the thing is, how many people here would actually go Trout given they had the #1 overall pick?

I have him number three. 

Really tough to argue that Trout should go over Acuna or Soto.  

6 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

zero. the sb upside, along with similar stat line for younger players is more appealing in 5x5. factor in trouts inj history and decline sb and its ease to forget how great trout is.

trout has done this before where he stole 11 bags in 2015 and everyones like hes done running then stole 30 the next year. trout has best/realistc shot at 300/50/130/120 if he plays 150 games

• Like 1

Call me nuts, but I'd strongly consider him at 1.  I just think he's beyond the safest for production and the most talented hitter.  You don't need to draft someone who wil be the #1 player with pick 1, and it's not like Acuna  or Tatis is guaranteed to be it. 

• Like 1

I'm jaded by having Trout before. I had Trout in 2018 and 2019. When it came to playoff time, no Trout as he was injured.

Will he try and take better care of his body by not running so much by being smart in the outfield and the bases?  If he could stay on the field, think where his stats would be. Trout hasn't played more than 140 games in a season since he was 24.

Feel lucky, maybe this is the year he stays healthy. 

6 hours ago, Picard56 said:

If we're going bold.... Michael Wacha becomes the Rays best pitcher on their staff. BOOM. Try to top that

See above...lol...but yea that's booooooooooooooold...

Starting to get this very Bold prediction feeling..maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

LA Dodgers do not make the playoffs.

Let's look at the reasons why this is possible: (Just playing DA here..don't beat me up).

Bauer.  This guy is wildly unpredictable.  Could win Cy young but could be a flop.  generally has a history of good-bad-good year.

Kershaw - No Spring chicken anymore, Support stats sure aren't what they used to be.

Buehler - another unpredictable guy.  There's always injury concerns. At best they won't give him more than 6 innings a game.  

Price - was on the decline even before last season and then last season he misses entirely.  

(In a deeper league I kind of love owning May and Gonsolin as backups.)

Cody Bellinger - fell off the wagon hard last year.

Turner - mid 30's lots of injury concerns.

Seager - injury concerns.

Plus just in general how often have we seen a team win the World Series and next year they were just as good?  There's been general baseball patterns.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

Starting to get this very Bold prediction feeling..maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

LA Dodgers do not make the playoffs.

Let's look at the reasons why this is possible: (Just playing DA here..don't beat me up).

Bauer.  This guy is wildly unpredictable.  Could win Cy young but could be a flop.  generally has a history of good-bad-good year.

Kershaw - No Spring chicken anymore, Support stats sure aren't what they used to be.

Buehler - another unpredictable guy.  There's always injury concerns. At best they won't give him more than 6 innings a game.  

Price - was on the decline even before last season and then last season he misses entirely.  

(In a deeper league I kind of love owning May and Gonsolin as backups.)

Cody Bellinger - fell off the wagon hard last year.

Turner - mid 30's lots of injury concerns.

Seager - injury concerns.

Plus just in general how often have we seen a team win the World Series and next year they were just as good?  There's been general baseball patterns.

It's a bold prediction, so I can't hate. But like so many of these things have to happen for them to not make playoffs. Worst case is the Padres are phenomenal and dodgers are a wild card team. Seems possible to me. 

But even with all those bad case things you outlined, we still haven't seen breakouts from Lux, May, and Gonsolin which I think are likely imminent at least two of them. They have Josiah Gray and Busch close to the majors. Zach Mckinstry someone I mentioned in this thread.They are just very stacked (to a slightly lesser extent so are the Padres). If Bauer is a 0 this year (and I don't think that happens) they're team is still best positioned. David Price hardly needs to be an ace on this team, he's a back end starter for them.

You mention legitimate concerns, but doubt most of them happen, and I think you're under selling some upside they have untapped.

Some bold predictions:

Tim Anderson wins AL MVP and batting title

Bryce Harper wins NL MVP and is in the hunt for a triple crown through July

Rockies trade German Marquez to the Angels

Braves don't make the playoffs, the Phillies do.

Mike Stanton  and Aaron Judge both make it through the season without a trip to the IL

Red Sox finish with a better record than the Rays

• Haha 1

This is a great thread, but the predictions that deal "X will be a top 10 X this year." is really a silly prediction...  What scoring system?  What rules?  What is the baseline to determine this?

Personally I think when a prediction like X will hit at least Y home runs, is a much better bold prediction IMO...

• Like 1

Nick Solak breaks out and wins Batting Title and goes 20/20.

Tyler O’Neill and Franchy Cordero break out and stay healthy to hit 30+ bombs each. 

Kevin Gausman enters elite territory and finishes as a finalist for NL cy young. 

Gio Urshela continues breakout and puts up a top 5 MVP season and is Yankees best player by years’ end.

Rowdy Tellez continues last years mini breakout to hit .280+, 30 bombs, 100 RBI

No batter hits 40 homeruns. 

10+ pitchers are caught throughout the year using a foreign substance while pitching and are disciplined/suspended. 

Angels win their division with standout seasons from Ohtani, Quintana, Heaney, Bundy and ROY winner Chris Rodriguez. Trout dominates in the postseason but comes just short of winning a title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

It's a bold prediction, so I can't hate. But like so many of these things have to happen for them to not make playoffs. Worst case is the Padres are phenomenal and dodgers are a wild card team. Seems possible to me. 

But even with all those bad case things you outlined, we still haven't seen breakouts from Lux, May, and Gonsolin which I think are likely imminent at least two of them. They have Josiah Gray and Busch close to the majors. Zach Mckinstry someone I mentioned in this thread.They are just very stacked (to a slightly lesser extent so are the Padres). If Bauer is a 0 this year (and I don't think that happens) they're team is still best positioned. David Price hardly needs to be an ace on this team, he's a back end starter for them.

You mention legitimate concerns, but doubt most of them happen, and I think you're under selling some upside they have untapped.

Hey It's a bold prediction, I wouldn't go into the Dodgers thread and trash talk them. 

• Like 1