NBC Sports Edge Forums

I’m surprised you are quitting fantasy baseball after this long. Been doing baseball over a decade and football over two decades and can confidently say I will do both until I die.

If daily is too much of a grind you can do weekly!

Just very surprised, what happened? Fell out of love with the game?

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

Hey all,  been awhile since i posted in here.  

This is my first year NOT playing fantasy baseball in almost 2 decades... and it's just not right if i don't come in here and drop a thank you.  This forum has been part of half my life.  Made a lot of internet friends in here,  learned an absolute TON from too many geniuses to properly tag.  Made a lot of memories playing. 

Ill forever remember The Kluber Mom Incident, epic.  🤣🤣

Mods, i know this post breaks the rules but at this point im asking for you to look the other way for a day for an old vet. If not,  I'll get over it,  but thank you wonderful people for running this zoo and keeping it great.  

This is the best forum online,  been around forever,  still trucking... and STILL the King of All Closer News. 

Love y'all,  be good.  

Chief WahooManiac signing out, hat tip to all of ya. You're all damn fine folks

I feel you on fantasy baseball this year, this is the first year I'm not doing any redraft leagues that I can remember.  If it wasn't for my dynasty teams, I may have quit  altogether too.   I had one league start last year but because of Covid, we didn't proceed and nobody in that group of friends of mine even cared to start it up this year. The long layoff was brutal for my enjoyment of fantasy baseball.  I'm giving it one year to reignite my passion, maybe you will feel differently in a year.   If there's a work stoppage next year, I'm might retire too.

Anyway, you were always a good poster and Edge Forums will be weaker as a result. Good luck. Hope you're back at some point. 

Good night Maniac.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sad to see another poster go when it seems as though so few are coming and posting this year. I've never seen the forum this inactive in all the years I've been here. Sucks to lose another. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

I’m surprised you are quitting fantasy baseball after this long. Been doing baseball over a decade and football over two decades and can confidently say I will do both until I die.

If daily is too much of a grind you can do weekly!

Just very surprised, what happened? Fell out of love with the game?

Combo of events.. but yes.  

Lost my mascot. Lost my team name. And i get why,  actually pretty well agree with it... but my granddad didn't work for the Cleveland Whatevers. He worked for the Indians.  🤷‍♂️

That and the entire way the covid thing was handled.  While i can barely walk upstairs,  my wife can barely get out of bed,  and a mother in the hospital...i hit my limit with millionaires arguing with billionaires.  

Covid also ended my friend league of 11 years.

Im also a fastpitch softball coach,  have taken my club team to a top 500 national ranking,  and am putting 100% into the college ranks. Fastpitch gets my love that baseball used to. Im all in.  

The new pro league Athletes Unlimited is awesome,  and i watched it religiously.  Ignited my passion for pro sports all over again.  And since it's so new,  and they make so little,  it's all love on that field.  Reminds me of the stories of the early days of baseball,  when guys would write to stars and get autographs that they can't find when they get older.  

Topps put out an entire series for these ladies,  and i bought a few. Pulled a Gold 1/1 card. I messaged the league, and sent it to her so she'd have her own gold card.  She couldn't have been more awesome about it. Baseball just holds too much bitter irony for me right now.  

I will miss this crowd.  

Edited by WahooManiac
  • Like 8
7 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

Lost my mascot. Lost my team name. And i get why,  actually pretty well agree with it... but my granddad didn't work for the Cleveland Whatevers. He worked for the Indians.  🤷‍♂️

That and the entire way the covid thing was handled.  While i can barely walk upstairs,  my wife can barely get out of bed,  and a mother in the hospital...i hit my limit with millionaires arguing with billionaires.  

Im also a fastpitch softball coach,  have taken my club team to a top 500 national ranking,  and am putting 100% into the college ranks. Fastpitch gets my love that baseball used to. Im all in.  

The new pro league Athletes Unlimited is awesome,  and i watched it religiously.  Ignited my passion for pro sports all over again.  And since it's so new,  and they make so little,  it's all love on that field.  Reminds me of the stories of the early days of baseball,  when guys would write to stars and get autographs that they can't find when they get older.  

Topps put out an entire series for these ladies,  and i bought a few. Pulled a Gold 1/1 card. I messaged the league, and sent it to her so she'd have her own gold card.  She couldn't have been more awesome about it. Baseball just holds too much bitter irony for me right now.  

I will miss this crowd.  

Wish you and your family well, Wahoo. I always appreciated your posts. For better or worse, change has always been apart of baseball. Sometimes I applaud the new changes and sometimes I wish they’d stop tinkering with this great game. Unfortunately, players and owners have been arguing over money since day one. One of these days they’re going to realize how bad it is for the game and will realize they’re better off keeping it behind closed doors.

Baseball will be here when you’re ready to come back. To quote one of my favorite lines in movies:

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@WahooManiac sorry to see you go. I’ve always enjoyed your posts. I too haven’t been posting like I used to this year and last. Partly due to the way things were last season and my keeper league pausing last year. Also partly due to a new job where I don’t work from home anymore so that means a whole lot less RW forum time. Anyway hope you do well man. 

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

What’s the Kluber Mom incident?

Other people know more of the details since it was right before I joined but what I heard second hand was apparently a young prospect just coming up named Corey Kluber was being criticized and downplayed by some of the members back then in his brand new thread.  A person claiming to be his mother showed up on that thread and gave them what for defending him like a lioness her cub.  Some people didn't believe it was Mama Kluber but eventually most people ended up believing it was her indeed after many a post back and forth.  After all it makes sense if you had a kid that makes the bigs you would be googling his name online all the time and getting upset at anyone attacking him.

Hope after a year off you will be back next year all refreshed again here, Wahoo.  Peace out for now.

PS: Good gif below but we need Shoeless Joe walking back into the cornfield too.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Other people know more of the details since it was right before I joined but what I heard second hand was apparently a young prospect just coming up named Corey Kluber was being criticized and downplayed by some of the members back then in his brand new thread.  A person claiming to be his mother showed up on that thread and gave them what for defending him like a lioness her cub.  Some people didn't believe it was Mama Kluber but eventually most people ended up believing it was her indeed after many a post back and forth.  After all it makes sense if you had a kid that makes the bigs you would be googling his name online all the time and getting upset at anyone attacking him.

Hope after a year off you will be back next year all refreshed again here, Wahoo.  Peace out for now.

PS: Good gif below but we need Shoeless Joe walking back into the cornfield too.

Wow, that’s cool. I wonder if she’s still here? I’d kind of like to know if he has anything left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
30 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Wow, that’s cool. I wonder if she’s still here? I’d kind of like to know if he has anything left.

Yes, Mother Kluber. Proud to say I’m in that thread somewhere, even had Momma quote me since I was a Kluber fan. Lol. And indeed it was her. Epic stuff. 

I’ve lost a lot of interest as well, with Covid and all. Luckily though, I play in an AL only keeper league that’s been around for 30+ years. Joined 3 years ago and built a solid team, hard to let that go. 

Cheers mate, and good luck to you and your future endeavors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/12/2021 at 9:20 PM, WahooManiac said:

I will miss this crowd.  

Best to you and your family.  Hope to see you back someday.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, 89Topps said:

I think he's got a paid gig somewhere doesn't he?  Can't be giving us jabronis advice for free.

Pretty sure that is correct. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Pretty sure that is correct. 

I thought he went to a site called Major League Fantasy Sports...went to that site recently and the last article was written 2 years ago.