NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cody Bellinger 2021 Outlook

46 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Not to offend, but that is lazy, as you have offered that narrative since MARCH with zero analytical support. The history of your comments in this thread, specifically, the not caring narrative is your completely your idea, mevins31.

You have already tried to enlightened us with an apparent very amatuer caring analysis and followed it up with more rants and venting.  We understand clearly, you don't think he cares about baseball. YOU HAVE SAID THIS SINCE MARCH! Your vents have not stopped since. Since you are saying you know what Bellinger is thinking, feeling and caring about based on his body language or something else you see during his ABs then support it. Otherwise it's just more venting and ranting here again. Also, please provide any expert background you have you be able to determine what someone else is feeling. Are you a sports psychologist or what? 

Otherwise it's sounds desperate and emotionally driven cause you are bummed about Belli. Like we all are. His babip is sad too. 
The cool thing is there is a vent thread and why don't you take these venting like comments to the vent thread where they would be wildly popular? Or just show us your Care-O-Meter! Cause we all know:

Qk0e.gif

And even if he was a sports psychologist - guess what his analysis of said player would be based on.... his opinion (albeit one with a medical background - which the OP certainly doesn't have).

Marvelous post FYI.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Can you prove that his hunger and drive to be great is as intense as when he won an MVP?

If you have a better reason as to why he went from best hitter in the national league, to possibly the worst, I am sure everyone would love to hear your expertise.

Your snark isn’t proving anything at this point. What are you seeing in his swing mechanics, great Mcbane? Empower us with your wisdom.

Can you prove it isn’t? 

k thx bye

On 7/6/2021 at 5:27 PM, Macgregor said:

Who's got the most optimistic take on Bellinger, then?

What's it sound like? 

Based on some posts in this thread I'd say boxing Happy Meals by mid-September. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, mevins31 said:

5 for last 60. Down to .169 on the year. But Cody is going to be a dad. Congrats to Cody. 

Fine. I’ll admit it. He doesn’t care! 

You’d think with all the crap he’s getting he might start caring… I marvel at his commitment to this bit!

Maybe he only cares about his child….what a jerk!

Edited by mcbane

Just now, NoHablaIngles said:

Cody is just not the guy who we thought/hoped he was. In fantasy, he's an average bat with little to no speed. IRL, He is probably still a borderline star due ti incredible defense.

He’s been worse than that. He’s gone full Suarez this season. Luckily, he has a pretty extensive track record so it could just be a terrible stretch, but some of his metrics have to start trending a more positive direction. 

This is my gut speaking but he's probably gonna **** bricks all season long.

...and then go on another MVP campaign next year after all of us put him on DND list 

He's gonna be lookin straight through the camera with his capillary bulging eyes stoned eyes and say "yeah.. I been preoccupied with the baby girl coming y'noa"

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by fingy
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2021 at 9:43 PM, mevins31 said:

Can you prove that his hunger and drive to be great is as intense as when he won an MVP?

If you have a better reason as to why he went from best hitter in the national league, to possibly the worst, I am sure everyone would love to hear your expertise.

Your snark isn’t proving anything at this point. What are you seeing in his swing mechanics, great Mcbane? Empower us with your wisdom.

Wtf is this nonsense?

• Haha 1