NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Cody Bellinger 2021 Outlook

I've seen it before, but it was still a ridiculous screwup by Turner. 

It was very much a Coors Field home run. That ball barely snuck over the wall. Still nice to see him hitting the ball hard. 

46 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Ruh oh. Going for further tests on his leg. Those that saw the game, did it look that bad?

He walked off on his own, my first worry was Achilles but they say calf now. The way my injuries are piling up it wouldnt surprise me if hes out 6 weeks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoadApple said:

He walked off on his own, my first worry was Achilles but they say calf now. The way my injuries are piling up it wouldnt surprise me if hes out 6 weeks

[EMPHASIS ADDED]

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, evillaw4eva said:

Didn’t they say he was just spiked when he stepped on first? What’s the injury 

He got spiked from behind on the outside upper ankle/achilles of his left leg (about 3 inches above the big ankle bone). The "calf" stuff is just jargon garbage because it was nowhere near his calf muscle.

5 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

Didn’t they say he was just spiked when he stepped on first? What’s the injury 

It was a weird spike, way up high on the calf. Maybe its a really bad cut and theyre concerned about muscle damage? Pure speculation at this point, one thing we know for sure is that its not heartburn (See Luis Arraez thread)

Edited by RoadApple
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, B&F said:

The Dodgers will be overcautious.  They have so much depth and they are automatic to make the playoffs.

But I hope they don’t put him on the IL! They gotta think about mine and and my fantasy team’s needs 🤪

24 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Placed on the IL today.

Kind of expected as the Dodgers love to put their players on the DL for the smallest of owies. Means he'll likely be back a week from tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, billofwash said:

Amazing what NFL players can play through that MLB players would miss a month for.

I think I remember Nelson Cruz used to go on the IL a lot and he said he figured out that some of his ailments were just minor things he could eventually play through.

18 minutes ago, billofwash said:

Amazing what NFL players can play through that MLB players would miss a month for.

16 games vs 162 games is a pretty big factor people miss whenever this stupid comparison pops up. Sprints vs marathons have very different strategies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

16 games vs 162 games is a pretty big factor people miss whenever this stupid comparison pops up. Sprints vs marathons have very different strategies.

Indeed. For the sake of example, missing three games in the MLB is equivalent to missing one quarter of an NFL game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, billofwash said:

Of course it is because the length of respective schedules, You didn't enlighten anyone.  Bottom line is MLB pampers.  NFL does not.

That’s because baseball has the luxury of pampering. If the Dodgers had 16 games, I’d be willing to bet Bellinger would have played through this. 

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Any word on when he’s getting activated from the DL? 

Not really. I read earlier today that he isn't running at full speed yet cause he's still got swelling in his leg. I'm gonna guess and say not this weekend and hope he improves to be activated next week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

Not really. I read earlier today that he isn't running at full speed yet cause he's still got swelling in his leg. I'm gonna guess and say not this weekend and hope he improves to be activated next week.

Disappointing. Everything I read when he went on the IL indicated it would be a minimum stay.