NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Bradley 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t speak for anybody else, but the Tony Bradley/Moses Brown controversy is really very important. It has revealed the great philosophical split between the basketball-materialists and the basketb

Ah yes, more Rotoworld forum-wisdome. Teams don’t actually want to play their players, because—what if they’re good?! If a player turns out to be good, that’s bad, because then you have to pay them. T

Probably the most common lament in fantasy bball. “If only he got the playing time” can lead a lot of managers to carry non-contributors while better opportunities pass them by.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to say I picked up Tony B in my 14 team league as a stash in case my Christian Wood misses games late in the season.  I'd say most everyone can agree that Horford will get shut down at some point so C minutes will be available in OKC.

Tony B left school a year too early, didn't start at UNC, and still got a first round contract.  He's looked very solid in the minutes he's gotten in Philly.  Me thinks he ends up beating out an undrafted Moses for a hefty helping of minutes the last 20 games of the year. 

If he gets 25 minutes plus on OKC he could put up some really nice numbers, especially if he stays off the free throw line.

1 hour ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Grab this beast now before you're bidding against other league members.  He makes Moses Brown look like a high schooler.

LOL 

I like Bradley but I am not adding him until Horford is out consistently. He can put up stats in 20 mins but he is sharing that time with Moses.

Looks like streamer for now deserves to be on a watch list.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, alexstr said:

Also...says he's still out.  Is this guy gonna play for OKC?  Seems like the minutes are there for him in a platoon with Moses now that Horford is gone...

I agree with this. Brown just signed a new contract so I think he’s not guaranteed to play minutes into the 30s, makes no sense for OKC to put that much stress on a young center they are committed to developing. And Bradley is an RFA after the season so they need to see what they’ve got in him. 

I think many nights Bradley will get slightly more minutes than Brown depending on whose playing better, but there will probably be close to a 50-50 split rest of the year. I imagine OKC likes the idea of positional competition, I can see the appeal in investing long term in two young centers to mitigate injury risk too if you can get them at reasonable prices.

17 minutes ago, worldclass said:

I agree with this. Brown just signed a new contract so I think he’s not guaranteed to play minutes into the 30s, makes no sense for OKC to put that much stress on a young center they are committed to developing. And Bradley is an RFA after the season so they need to see what they’ve got in him. 

I think many nights Bradley will get slightly more minutes than Brown depending on whose playing better, but there will probably be close to a 50-50 split rest of the year. I imagine OKC likes the idea of positional competition, I can see the appeal in investing long term in two young centers to mitigate injury risk too if you can get them at reasonable prices.

This makes no sense whatsoever. They will continue to play Moses because as you said they are commited to developing him. Can't develope him sitting on the bench. Bradley is a RFA which means they aren't committed to him. Moses will still play 30 min a game.

Edited by nrobinson_1984
8 hours ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

This makes no sense whatsoever. They will continue to play Moses because as you said they are commited to developing him. Can't develope him sitting on the bench. Bradley is a RFA which means they aren't committed to him. Moses will still play 30 min a game.

Yes, I concur. If anything, OKC would try to develop Roby along with Moses and use Bradley as insurance or coverage when they are resting.

Keep an eye on Bradley.  He had another nice run tonight and continues to show the coach a competent option at the 5.

Those minutes are not locked down by anybody and don't let those jabronis over on the Moses Brown board tell you otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

And he took two threes to boot.  

Are you a sixers fan or Bradley nuthugger? Never seen someone gush over trash like this 

On 3/29/2021 at 1:23 AM, nrobinson_1984 said:

I didn't say they wont play him. It's that 7'2" players get injured very easily, so why are you putting a ton of miles on a 21 year old you're committed to developing long term? 

Most of the top drafted big men in recent years weren't getting 30 min per game their first season because the teams are invested long term (like Zion, Bagley, Wiseman, Isaac, Jaren Jackson, Carter Jr., Porzingis etc). Playing a young 21 year old center 20-25 min per game is easing his development.

Edited by worldclass
7 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Is @DonutgiveUp another burner handle?  Always go to the homophobe stuff, eh Durant.

You're a sixers crushing one of the most mediocre players in the league lol. We get you are in love with Bradley good for you kid no one cares 

I'm not really crushing him.  I think he's the better option in OKC relative to Moses Brown.  I think it may be you who has the crush on Moses.  There is nowhere near enough data for you to be drawing the conclusion that Moses Brown is the better prospect than Tony Bradley.

Point out one inaccurate statement I've made.

2 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I'm not really crushing him.  I think he's the better option in OKC relative to Moses Brown.  I think it may be you who has the crush on Moses.  There is nowhere near enough data for you to be drawing the conclusion that Moses Brown is the better prospect than Tony Bradley.

Point out one inaccurate statement I've made.

Enough data? They just signed Moses long term and Bradley is already on his third NBA team lol buddy the circus is hiring go apply 

On 3/26/2021 at 9:41 AM, Sixersfan740 said:

Just want to say I picked up Tony B in my 14 team league as a stash in case my Christian Wood misses games late in the season.  I'd say most everyone can agree that Horford will get shut down at some point so C minutes will be available in OKC.

Tony B left school a year too early, didn't start at UNC, and still got a first round contract.  He's looked very solid in the minutes he's gotten in Philly.  Me thinks he ends up beating out an undrafted Moses for a hefty helping of minutes the last 20 games of the year. 

If he gets 25 minutes plus on OKC he could put up some really nice numbers, especially if he stays off the free throw line.

Can you break down his fantasy game and tell us what you envision he looks like in 25 minutes a game?