NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Bradley 2020-2021 Outlook

Sure.  Here is what I got at 25 mins a night:

.600 FG, .700 FT, 0.1 3PT, 10PPG, 10RPG, 1.5APG, 0.5SPG, 1.5BPG, 1.2 TO

A really nice fantasy option.  I think that's a conservative projection.

Edited by Sixersfan740
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t speak for anybody else, but the Tony Bradley/Moses Brown controversy is really very important. It has revealed the great philosophical split between the basketball-materialists and the basketb

Ah yes, more Rotoworld forum-wisdome. Teams don’t actually want to play their players, because—what if they’re good?! If a player turns out to be good, that’s bad, because then you have to pay them. T

Probably the most common lament in fantasy bball. “If only he got the playing time” can lead a lot of managers to carry non-contributors while better opportunities pass them by.

To be honest, I think bradley is for sure the better player at this point. However, I think OKC will continue to feed brown minutes down the stretch to aid his development. A legit 7 footer who can rebound and protect the paint is an extremely valuable commodity. 

31 minutes ago, Highlander72 said:

Homer alert. You’re hijacking threads.  Related to Tony? 

If you are not contributing to a meaningful, basketball related discussion please do not post. 

1 minute ago, legoDude said:

If you are not contributing to a meaningful, basketball related discussion please do not post. 

He is definitely contributing, this is the Tony Bradley thread after all. 

It’s important to have conflicting viewpoints so threads don’t fall into groupthink. 

I took a flier and I’m happy. I don’t know if others should do the same. Moses Brown seems to be the hype these days. Don’t want people falling for a “journeyman”!

I think Bradley is a better player right now and has potential while Moses is more of a high potential bargain player. Haven't added either one as I have Poeltl but this is what I think:

- Bradley is playing less b/c he is a RFA end of this year, maybe demanding more $ than what OKC can offer. 

- Moses is on a long contract, but it is shotty, only reaching 2 mil in the last year and it is a team option. It doesn't look like management is sold on him and Moses isn't sold on himself to sign that.

- OKC has so many picks that they can try to draft another one instead of committing to any players.

- Moses is typical of a G league center, excel due to size alone but when they play in the NBA, they get beat by teams that can play to their weaknesses while being able to handle their strengths. 

So Moses probably still playing 28-30 but Bradley stuck at 18-20 minutes.

Might get more mins soon because these losses are embarrassing  and Moses is a huge negative +- on the court.

This whole Bradley/Brown debate, which I am happy to have brought to this message forum, comes down to minutes.

As I've said the entire time, I believe, before long, Bradley may be getting the starters minutes.  If I were the Thunder, it would start next game.

Bradley is playing a different level of basketball than Moses Brown at this point in their careers.  I've watched the last two games closely.  Moses is doing things that would be very helpful to fantasy managers if he gets the minutes.  Bradley is also doing things that are very helpful to fantasy managers, but also more helpful to the Thunder playing effectively than what Brown is bringing to the table.

In my opinion, which I will hold to firmly as my right as an on-topic message board poster, Bradley is the player to own.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I see. I'm now convinced that a player no one wanted who was a career bench player who has been in the league for 5 years  is now someone OKC is building around on.

It's amazing how big of a problem reading comprehension is in this country.   Did you get that information from a QAnon video?

Bradley’s per minute numbers aren’t bad, but they’re not strong enough for me to pick him up on backup minutes. Seems like a best case scenario is he’s a low end blocks and boards guy. 

To put it in much simpler fantasy terms, the thunder are not going to have 2 breakout young centers down the stretch.  So if you’re investing in Bradley it’s because you believe Moses is not the guy.

40 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I see. I'm now convinced that a player no one wanted who was a career bench player who has been in the league for 5 years  is now someone OKC is building around on.

Sarcasm? 

If not  here is FYI: Bradley is a center.  This is his 4th season.

Spent 3 years in Utah and half a season in Philadelphia before being traded to the Thunder.

He is not better than Gobert or Embiid, so he was expendable. 

It remains to be seen if he is better than Brown.  I think he is 

52 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Sometimes teams don’t see what they have, sometimes players take time to develop. See: Christian Wood.  

First question Daigneault got as his presser after last nights game was about Bradley.  He didn't overly praise him, made sure to give a shout out to Moses, and said they were still getting to know one another.

Bradley has looked really good out there the past two games.  He seems to be very fundamentally sound with soft hands and average athleticism and size.  His stamina is holding up well and seems to be able to handle long runs without looking tired.

My gut says Daigneault would prefer to split minutes here, but players can force their coach's hand.  

1 hour ago, Eltoro said:

Sometimes teams don’t see what they have, sometimes players take time to develop. See: Christian Wood.  

See also Chauncy Billups. Although a guard, it took him from 1997 to 2002 to develop into an all-star and all NBA player.  He was on and cut by 4 teams before he figured it out.

19 minutes ago, rabaak said:

See also Chauncy Billups. Although a guard, it took him from 1997 to 2002 to develop into an all-star and all NBA player.  He was on and cut by 4 teams before he figured it out.

Why are we going along with the false notion that somehow Bradley has bounced around due to his poor development?  That's not the case.

He was traded by the Jazz out of necessity because they had to free up money to sign Jordan Clarkson, an important part of their rotation.  He was traded by the Sixers to acquire one of the best guard options on the market to upgrade a playoff roster - George Hill.

Bradley has developed well and is playing well.  The mainstream fantasy press either is lazy or understaffed to get the take out there.  CBS literally wrote that Bradley "has lost the starting role to Brown."  Really?  When did he have it?

I think Bradley could be the best OKC pickup post trade deadline and will help a lot of 14-team league members down the stretch.  If those guys on the Moses Brown thread are looking for a place to celebrate and have joy I recommend to them the Tony Bradley 2020-2021 thread,

Booyakasha!

Edited by Sixersfan740
2 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I think Bradley could be the best OKC pickup post trade deadline and will help a lot of 14-team league members down the stretch.  If those guys on the Moses Brown are looking for a place to celebrate and have joy I recommend to them the Tony Bradley 2020-2021 thread,

Well you certainly have seen them both play more than I have.  So we will see how this plays out.

Gee I wonder why this is on his blurb? These guys are crazy 😏 also 2% owned? Is that 2% all in this thread? 

Bradley is rostered in just 2% of Yahoo leagues, and he’s managed to be a decent contributor since being traded to Oklahoma City at the trade deadline. In four games played, he’s averaging 9.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 0.5 steals and 0.8 blocks per game. With Oklahoma City wanting to give Moses Brown as much playing time as possible, cracking the starting lineup appears to be something that Bradley won’t be able to do unless Brown were to suffer an injury. For that reason, he isn’t worth picking up outside of extremely deep leagues

Edited by thrilla1nManila