NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Bradley 2020-2021 Outlook

4 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Gee I wonder why this is on his blurb? 

Bradley is rostered in just 2% of Yahoo leagues, and he’s managed to be a decent contributor since being traded to Oklahoma City at the trade deadline. In four games played, he’s averaging 9.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 0.8 assists, 0.5 steals and 0.8 blocks per game. With Oklahoma City wanting to give Moses Brown as much playing time as possible, cracking the starting lineup appears to be something that Bradley won’t be able to do unless Brown were to suffer an injury. For that reason, he isn’t worth picking up outside of extremely deep leagues

Such a bad take by the RW staff.  Yes, OKC wants to see Moses Brown develop.  However, what motivation do they have to stifle Bradley's development if he shows them a more promising option than Brown?

Essentially, the notion is that Moses is this hugely important piece of OKC's future and they just must give him the time so he can develop.  Malarkey!

Edited by Sixersfan740
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t speak for anybody else, but the Tony Bradley/Moses Brown controversy is really very important. It has revealed the great philosophical split between the basketball-materialists and the basketb

Ah yes, more Rotoworld forum-wisdome. Teams don’t actually want to play their players, because—what if they’re good?! If a player turns out to be good, that’s bad, because then you have to pay them. T

Probably the most common lament in fantasy bball. “If only he got the playing time” can lead a lot of managers to carry non-contributors while better opportunities pass them by.

Good luck winning your league if you follow RW advice as absolute truth.

You would end up with Melton on your roster (at best usefull as streamer). 

RW also suggested trading for Boucher several weeks ago. I wonder how that worked out for people who followed that advice.

I prefer to make my own decisions 

Bradley is rostered in just 2% of Yahoo leagues, yet he’s managed to be a decent contributor since being traded to Oklahoma City at the trade deadline. Over the past two games, he’s averaging 11.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 0.5 steals and 1.0 blocks per game, ranking 75th in 9-cat in just 24.4 minutes a night. While Oklahoma City also wants to develop Moses Brown, cracking the starting lineup appears to be possible with the rotation uncertainty in OKC. For that reason, he is worth picking up in deep leagues.

That's better.

Right. Okc in must win situation now. It all rests on Tony Bradley's shoulders. They obviously shut down Horford to make room for his "growth" . Sga too! All aboard this train!

Bradly is the better player by far, and it’s astonishing that so many posters seem unwilling to recognise this obvious fact. I can only imagine that the people who still insist that Moses Brown is a good NBA player have not watched even a second of game footage and rely entirely on Rotoworld pundit guesses.

Latest Rotoworld pundit blurb: “With Oklahoma City wanting to give Moses Brown as much playing time as possible…”—upon what is this based? There is no source. It’s Roto-pundit speculation. They don’t watch games, and they have consistently proven themselves utterly unable to evaluate talent and understand basketball. I am not aware of anyone affiliated with the Thunder announcing that the team was committed to giving Moses Brown “as much playing time as possible”, and why should they?

Roto-pundits and forum-posters alike often settle for very reductive and formulaic understanding of NBA basketball. A player is over 30 years old on a bad team—oh, they will be “shut down” half way through the season, no longer useful, etc. Al Horford has been shut down, and so naturally Moses Brown will get all of his minutes—the thinking of an infantile blockhead, a baby who knows nothing for the real world. Your understanding of basketball should be dialectical (taking into account all of the moving pieces, their interconnections, changing circumstances), not metaphysical (narrow focus on individual players, missing the forest for the trees).

The Thunder roster minus Al Horford equals 30 minutes per game for Moses Brown. No, sorry, but the NBA isn’t a video game or children’s cartoon colouring book.

I still remember when Rondo, at age 29, was traded to Sacramento, and the very intelligent Rotoworld writers declared that Darren Collison (one year younger!) would lead that team, and that Rondo’s career was basically over. Cretins. Absolute numbskulls. They kept it up for months before having to admit their error. Don’t be a fool—watch games and evaluate players with your own eyes.

Don’t ever listen to Rotoworld pundits and their forum-parrots. They are frauds. They thought Wendell Carter and Mo Bamba would benefit from the Vucevic trade, but in fact it was Khem Birch (whose coach regularly praises him) who was playing the most minutes before he got ill. An infant could have seen that one coming, but not the Roto-geniuses. They don’t watch games, and they barely do any research, so they don’t actually know that Mo Bamba and Wendell Carter are bad at basketball and that Khem Birch is pretty good. But Birch is 28 (ANCIENT), and Carter is 21, so that’s that.

Similar situation here in OKC.

Tony Bradly is a decent basketball player and over the last two games he’s played more minutes and put up better numbers than Moses Brown. He also looks like someone who has actually played basketball before and knows what he’s doing. These are facts which are true and can be verified to the satisfaction of anybody.

A, B, C; 1 + 1 = 2, etc.

There were a couple of posts early on in that embarrassing Moses Brown thread, either before of just after his first big NBA game, by people who had watched him play and were completely unimpressed. I read their observations with interest. Those people were right. I too have watched Moses Brown play basketball, and he is not good at it. Sorry. He is very big, yes, but also exceptionally slow and uncoordinated, and has no real skill to speak of. He’s Hahseem Thabeet, not Rudy Gobert or Hassan Whiteside. This is not some kind of special and rare NBA commodity.

If you are in this thread and reading these posts, you’re in the right place. Your instincts are correct, you’ve made the right choice and have an adequate grasp of basketball reality, not basketball pundit-fiction and wish-making. Watch games and believe the things you see with your own eyes, not what you read on the internet.

I am glad to see people standing up for Tony Bradly against the Moses-bullies. They are not trolls, they understand that message boards are for discussion and the sharing of opinions, and as a bitter and retired poster it is very refreshing to read such things.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, legoDude said:

Good luck winning your league if you follow RW advice as absolute truth.

You would end up with Melton on your roster (at best usefull as streamer). 

RW also suggested trading for Boucher several weeks ago. I wonder how that worked out for people who followed that advice.

I prefer to make my own decisions 

To be fair, Bobby Boucher just had a 7 stock game 

7 minutes ago, Roughneck Jiharden said:

Bradly is the better player by far, and it’s astonishing that so many posters seem unwilling to recognise this obvious fact. I can only imagine that the people who still insist that Moses Brown is a good NBA player have not watched even a second of game footage and rely entirely on Rotoworld pundit guesses.

Latest Rotoworld pundit blurb: “With Oklahoma City wanting to give Moses Brown as much playing time as possible…”—upon what is this based? There is no source. It’s Roto-pundit speculation. They don’t watch games, and they have consistently proven themselves utterly unable to evaluate talent and understand basketball. I am not aware of anyone affiliated with the Thunder announcing that the team was committed to giving Moses Brown “as much playing time as possible”, and why should they?

Roto-pundits and forum-posters alike often settle for very reductive and formulaic understanding of NBA basketball. A player is over 30 years old on a bad team—oh, they will be “shut down” half way through the season, no longer useful, etc. Al Horford has been shut down, and so naturally Moses Brown will get all of his minutes—the thinking of an infantile blockhead, a baby who knows nothing for the real world. Your understanding of basketball should be dialectical (taking into account all of the moving pieces, their interconnections, changing circumstances), not metaphysical (narrow focus on individual players, missing the forest for the trees).

The Thunder roster minus Al Horford equals 30 minutes per game for Moses Brown. No, sorry, but the NBA isn’t a video game or children’s cartoon colouring book.

I still remember when Rondo, at age 29, was traded to Sacramento, and the very intelligent Rotoworld writers declared that Darren Collison (one year younger!) would lead that team, and that Rondo’s career was basically over. Cretins. Absolute numbskulls. They kept it up for months before having to admit their error. Don’t be a fool—watch games and evaluate players with your own eyes.

Don’t ever listen to Rotoworld pundits and their forum-parrots. They are frauds. They thought Wendell Carter and Mo Bamba would benefit from the Vucevic trade, but in fact it was Khem Birch (whose coach regularly praises him) who was playing the most minutes before he got ill. An infant could have seen that one coming, but not the Roto-geniuses. They don’t watch games, and they barely do any research, so they don’t actually know that Mo Bamba and Wendell Carter are bad at basketball and that Khem Birch is pretty good. But Birch is 28 (ANCIENT), and Carter is 21, so that’s that.

Similar situation here in OKC.

Tony Bradly is a decent basketball player and over the last two games he’s played more minutes and put up better numbers than Moses Brown. He also looks like someone who has actually played basketball before and knows what he’s doing. These are facts which are true and can be verified to the satisfaction of anybody.

A, B, C; 1 + 1 = 2, etc.

There were a couple of posts early on in that embarrassing Moses Brown thread, either before of just after his first big NBA game, by people who had watched him play and were completely unimpressed. I read their observations with interest. Those people were right. I too have watched Moses Brown play basketball, and he is not good at it. Sorry. He is very big, yes, but also exceptionally slow and uncoordinated, and has no real skill to speak of. He’s Hahseem Thabeet, not Rudy Gobert or Hassan Whiteside. This is not some kind of special and rare NBA commodity.

If you are in this thread and reading these posts, you’re in the right place. Your instincts are correct, you’ve made the right choice and have an adequate grasp of basketball reality, not basketball pundit-fiction and wish-making. Watch games and believe the things you see with your own eyes, not what you read on the internet.

I am glad to see people standing up for Tony Bradly against the Moses-bullies. They are not trolls, they understand that message boards are for discussion and the sharing of opinions, and as a bitter and retired poster it is very refreshing to read such things.

I'm not bothered when they come at me.  I wish them well and would never try to stifle their voices.  It is bad when people are getting triggered by fantasy basketball takes though.  Yikes.

10 minutes ago, Roughneck Jiharden said:

Yup. You're onto something. Getting Bradley wasn't cheap. Cost them their franchise player George Hill. This is the second time he's traded for a futre super star like kawhi 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Yup. You're onto something. Getting Bradley wasn't cheap. Cost them their franchise player George Hill. This is the second time he's traded for a futre super star like kawhi 

Bradley was actually traded straight up for Zhaire Smith.  That's true.

1 minute ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Bradley was actually traded straight up for Zhaire Smith.  That's true.

Per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Sixers are giving up two future second-round picks, veteran center Tony Bradley and veteran reserve Terrance Ferguson. The trade is reportedly a three-team deal, which would have Ferguson landing with the New York Knicks and veteran guard Austin Rivers landing with the Thunder. Meanwhile, the Sixers pick up an experienced point guard in George Hill.

10 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Per Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Sixers are giving up two future second-round picks, veteran center Tony Bradley and veteran reserve Terrance Ferguson. The trade is reportedly a three-team deal, which would have Ferguson landing with the New York Knicks and veteran guard Austin Rivers landing with the Thunder. Meanwhile, the Sixers pick up an experienced point guard in George Hill.

Just a few months back, when Tony was still a one-team pup, now a journeyman according to the Moses Brown thread, November 22, 2020, Bradley was traded twice in quick succession.  The second trade was from Indiana to Philly - for Zhaire Smith.

That's all.  A counter argument could be made that he was so bad he was traded for Zhaire Smith, by someone who doesn't understand that it was another salary move.

1 hour ago, taenggg said:

To be fair, Bobby Boucher just had a 7 stock game 

To be fair, and more importantly correct, Boucher had 7 stocks 2 times this season (Dec 26th and Jan 10th).

Last game he had 6 stocks, in March he averaged 2.2 stocks (1.9 blocks and 0.3 steals).

For comparison, 9-cat BBM per-game rankings for last 2 weeks:

Boucher 95th (still valuable, but hardly worth trading for as advised  by RW "experts")

Bradley 76th (arguable more valuable than Boucher and it came for free from the waivers).

It doesn't matter, both players were had for nothing. The real difference is one is a RFA and the other got a cheap long term contract. 

OKC wants the cheap contract for sure and maybe Bradley if he shows enough and comes cheap enough. 

It means that Moses probably getting played more. However, the losses are just too embarrassing, I think Tony will get a few more minutes if they lose by this much.

12 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

It doesn't matter, both players were had for nothing. The real difference is one is a RFA and the other got a cheap long term contract. 

OKC wants the cheap contract for sure and maybe Bradley if he shows enough and comes cheap enough. 

It means that Moses probably getting played more. However, the losses are just too embarrassing, I think Tony will get a few more minutes if they lose by this much.

OKC wants good players.  The idea that the financial commitment to either player has much impact on whose going to get minutes is highly suspect.  Seems unlikely in either case.

If they can turn either one of them into a solid piece of their future they'd be thrilled.   I don't think they're counting on it, which is part of the reason I think that PT is wide open.

Edited by Sixersfan740
1 hour ago, legoDude said:

To be fair, and more importantly correct, Boucher had 7 stocks 2 times this season (Dec 26th and Jan 10th).

Last game he had 6 stocks, in March he averaged 2.2 stocks (1.9 blocks and 0.3 steals).

For comparison, 9-cat BBM per-game rankings for last 2 weeks:

Boucher 95th (still valuable, but hardly worth trading for as advised  by RW "experts")

Bradley 76th (arguable more valuable than Boucher and it came for free from the waivers).

I have neither players so I have no horse in this race was merely pointing out Boucher does have some value particularly in punt builds.

Looks like they stat corrected his 7 stocks last game which I saw on the live stat tracker last time I checked.

10 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

lol imagine spending that much time having multiple alt account just to support your point. 😂

Jorma wont let his crush for this guy go very sad 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

It's hilarious to see AomineDaiki05 like your post essentially suggesting that it's sad I'm rooting for Tony Bradley.  I thought AD05 was in the camp of not raining on anyone's parade?  Why are you in the Tony Bradley thread doing that dude?  lol

DonutGiveUp, I gotta hand it to you.   You called me a troll and then showed up and made this post.  You're a special person.

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He’s clearly not Jorma, at least I don’t think so. Completely different styles.

9 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

He’s clearly not Jorma, at least I don’t think so. Completely different styles.

I don't know man both morons. Sixers dude, Jorma creating multiple alts 

3 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Haha.  I call out that Tony Bradley may be the better pickup over Moses Brown for OKC, that starts to bear itself out, and you continue to personally attack me and now call me a moron?

Are there any mods on these forums?  What's up with this dude?

Edited by Sixersfan740
5 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I don't see how he's a moron. All he did was point out objective facts about Moses and Tony Bradley. Are you sure you aren't taking this personally because you picked up Moses and are not pleased with his most recent performances? 

Either way, we'll just have to see how Moses continues to perform. 

8 minutes ago, fabrar said:

I don't see how he's a moron. All he did was point out objective facts about Moses and Tony Bradley. Are you sure you aren't taking this personally because you picked up Moses and are not pleased with his most recent performances? 

Either way, we'll just have to see how Moses continues to perform. 

His name is sixers fan gushing over Bradley. I could care less about Moses or Bradley neither is very good. I don't get why you are even commenting on a convo that doesn't involve you. Its just funny how dudes living at home are ripping on a kid whos living the life