Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Bradley 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, rob0403 said:

 

 

Lol...

Anyways this thread is getting too weird. Bradley and Moses are just streamer guys anyways. Nothing interesting.

Really?  Nothing interesting about a guy who has crazy efficient lines every time he sees the floor on a team with nobody really standing in his way of PT ROS?

Okey dokey smokey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t speak for anybody else, but the Tony Bradley/Moses Brown controversy is really very important. It has revealed the great philosophical split between the basketball-materialists and the basketb

Ah yes, more Rotoworld forum-wisdome. Teams don’t actually want to play their players, because—what if they’re good?! If a player turns out to be good, that’s bad, because then you have to pay them. T

Probably the most common lament in fantasy bball. “If only he got the playing time” can lead a lot of managers to carry non-contributors while better opportunities pass them by.

15 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

 

 

Lol...

Anyways this thread is getting too weird. Bradley and Moses are just streamer guys anyways. Nothing interesting.

Dear Robbie,

I would think twice about your assertion that Tony Bradley fits into the category of streamer.  I disagree.

In my view, Bradley is a very consistent player, whose results will be highly correlated to his minutes.  Moses Brown is a bit different, he seems a bit more volatile and maybe more useful as a streamer.

My take is that consistent players like Bradley tend to be well suited for season long leagues.  His production will even out nicely somewhere in the 60-90 rank in 9-cat ROS.

As a manager in a 15 team, competitive league that is very interesting to me.  And some others I'd imagine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the Moses Brown/Tony Bradley debate has become the most entertaining part of this forum.  And it is relevant because with all of the injuries / covid situations, if Bradley can up the minutes even more (he is on my WW currently, Moses is not), he could be a potential pickup.

What also makes it relevant is because Moses is one of those Rotoworld (more specifically Jonas Nader) typical agenda ridden lovefests for the sole purpose of saying "see, see we told you."  They will continue to beat the drum no matter what until they just move on to the next guy they can hype as their find.

Keep it up!

And for anyone mentioning Brown's contract.  For a non-drafted kid, becoming a millionaire when it wasn't even certain he would be on a roster, it is life-changing.  But in reality, for OKC, the money/commitment is nothing.  Its a very cheap contract.  With that contract, OKC can easily have him ride the bench and no one would bat an eye.  Starter minutes for him are not guaranteed.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

For me, the Moses Brown/Tony Bradley debate has become the most entertaining part of this forum.  And it is relevant because with all of the injuries / covid situations, if Bradley can up the minutes even more (he is on my WW currently, Moses is not), he could be a potential pickup.

What also makes it relevant is because Moses is one of those Rotoworld (more specifically Jonas Nader) typical agenda ridden lovefests for the sole purpose of saying "see, see we told you."  They will continue to beat the drum no matter what until they just move on to the next guy they can hype as their find.

Keep it up!

And for anyone mentioning Brown's contract.  For a non-drafted kid, becoming a millionaire when it wasn't even certain he would be on a roster, it is life-changing.  But in reality, for OKC, the money/commitment is nothing.  Its a very cheap contract.  With that contract, OKC can easily have him ride the bench and no one would bat an eye.  Starter minutes for him are not guaranteed.

I completely agree, if Moses turn into anything at all, announcers will be talking about how cheap OKC got Moses for in the next 3 years. For now though, he will be fighting for 20ish min splits with Bradley for now. Either kid can blow up any game

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

For me, the Moses Brown/Tony Bradley debate has become the most entertaining part of this forum.  And it is relevant because with all of the injuries / covid situations, if Bradley can up the minutes even more (he is on my WW currently, Moses is not), he could be a potential pickup.

What also makes it relevant is because Moses is one of those Rotoworld (more specifically Jonas Nader) typical agenda ridden lovefests for the sole purpose of saying "see, see we told you."  They will continue to beat the drum no matter what until they just move on to the next guy they can hype as their find.

Keep it up!

And for anyone mentioning Brown's contract.  For a non-drafted kid, becoming a millionaire when it wasn't even certain he would be on a roster, it is life-changing.  But in reality, for OKC, the money/commitment is nothing.  Its a very cheap contract.  With that contract, OKC can easily have him ride the bench and no one would bat an eye.  Starter minutes for him are not guaranteed.

Yeah for anyone bringing up the contract, here are some players making more than Moses this year: Damion Lee, Timothe Luwau-Cabarrot, Furkan Korkmaz, Willy Hernangomez, Dwayne Bacon, Jontay Porter (WHO?), Omari Spellman, Isaiah Hartenstein, Mfiondu Kabengele among others.

So the money in reality means nothing, it's the kind of salary that bench players averaging less than 10 minutes a game get. OKC actually got away with highway robbery lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

For me, the Moses Brown/Tony Bradley debate has become the most entertaining part of this forum.  And it is relevant because with all of the injuries / covid situations, if Bradley can up the minutes even more (he is on my WW currently, Moses is not), he could be a potential pickup.

What also makes it relevant is because Moses is one of those Rotoworld (more specifically Jonas Nader) typical agenda ridden lovefests for the sole purpose of saying "see, see we told you."  They will continue to beat the drum no matter what until they just move on to the next guy they can hype as their find.

Keep it up!

And for anyone mentioning Brown's contract.  For a non-drafted kid, becoming a millionaire when it wasn't even certain he would be on a roster, it is life-changing.  But in reality, for OKC, the money/commitment is nothing.  Its a very cheap contract.  With that contract, OKC can easily have him ride the bench and no one would bat an eye.  Starter minutes for him are not guaranteed.

I'm glad to see Robbie coming to his senses.  Two things I will continue to do as long as this forum remains interesting to me:

1.  I'll post my observations and do my best to stay on topic.  Some I'll miss, some I'll hit, but I hope you all can glean something from them that may help your fantasy team.

2. I'll continue to smack down the hecklers that come at me.  If they think they're going to knock me off my position with their weak-a**, pastry-puff takes they will be sadly mistaken.

Tony Bradley is the player to pick up.

Love,

Sixersfan740

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, rob0403 said:

I have to disagree, financial commitment has a very important influence on teams like this. You have committed Moses on a cheap salary for 4 years, of course you will play him more hoping he is better than Bradley. You don't know how much you have to pay Bradley and if he is very good, he will attract competing offers.

In OKC case, they don't really need to worry about not finding talent since they have so many picks. I am certain they will find good players in them. I think they are worried about keeping flexible salary and building their dynasty from picks as a small market team.

Ah yes, more Rotoworld forum-wisdome. Teams don’t actually want to play their players, because—what if they’re good?! If a player turns out to be good, that’s bad, because then you have to pay them. The best thing for an NBA basketball team is to give a dozen cheap contracts to mediocre players who will never be good—that way, opposing teams won’t offer them money! The best teams all make sure to keep their best players on the bench—that way they never have to pay them. It’s always really embarrassing when you find that you’ve signed a good player, and they’re playing well, and then you’re stuck with this good player who can play basketball really well. ******** nightmare.

Of course, some of the more poorly-managed teams fail to do this from time to time, with disastrous results. I’m sure we all remember the Michael Jordan fiasco of the 1980s and 1990s. I remember watching those Bulls teams with horror, suffering acute second-hand embarrassment. Why aren’t they benching this guy? I thought to myself. Can’t they see? If they’re not careful, he’ll end up the highest-paid player in the league, and then where will the Bulls be? Well, I say I watched these games, but actually I studied the box scores only, the way the sport is meant to be enjoyed. You see, you can learn a lot more about basketball from looking at some numbers out of context than pointing your eyeballs in the direction of the actual basketball game and processing what you are seeing in your brain. That’s for idiots.  

Let’s hope that the OKC Thunder follow this flawless logic and make sure that they none of their players ever become good. After all, they “don't really need to worry about not finding talent” (?!?!?!?!).

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Roughneck Jiharden said:

Ah yes, more Rotoworld forum-wisdome. Teams don’t actually want to play their players, because—what if they’re good?! If a player turns out to be good, that’s bad, because then you have to pay them. The best thing for an NBA basketball team is to give a dozen cheap contracts to mediocre players who will never be good—that way, opposing teams won’t offer them money! The best teams all make sure to keep their best players on the bench—that way they never have to pay them. It’s always really embarrassing when you find that you’ve signed a good player, and they’re playing well, and then you’re stuck with this good player who can play basketball really well. ******** nightmare.

 

Of course, some of the more poorly-managed teams fail to do this from time to time, with disastrous results. I’m sure we all remember the Michael Jordan fiasco of the 1980s and 1990s. I remember watching those Bulls teams with horror, suffering acute second-hand embarrassment. Why aren’t they benching this guy? I thought to myself. Can’t they see? If they’re not careful, he’ll end up the highest-paid player in the league, and then where will the Bulls be? Well, I say I watched these games, but actually I studied the box scores only, the way the sport is meant to be enjoyed. You see, you can learn a lot more about basketball from looking at some numbers out of context than pointing your eyeballs in the direction of the actual basketball game and processing what you are seeing in your brain. That’s for idiots.  

 

Let’s hope that the OKC Thunder follow this flawless logic and make sure that they none of their players ever become good. After all, they “don't really need to worry about not finding talent” (?!?!?!?!).

 

Yes, OKC learned their lesson when they had KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden. They played, showed were really really good, had to pay them boatloads of money and eventually left them lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bradley has put up the better lines vs. Moses since he's come over.  He does everything when he gets minutes, except maybe FT%. 

It's amazing to me how active the Moses forum is and how ignored Tony B is.  Still doesn't get a mention in rotoworld's WW column this week.  Even after a monster game against the Sixers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Bradley has put up the better lines vs. Moses since he's come over.  He does everything when he gets minutes, except maybe FT%. 

It's amazing to me how active the Moses forum is and how ignored Tony B is.  Still doesn't get a mention in rotoworld's WW column this week.  Even after a monster game against the Sixers.

I guess Bradley just doesn't excite people lol. The fact that OKC keeps starting Brown means Bradley doesn't excite them either unfortunately. It's pretty obvious by now Bradley is the better player, but Brown is better at putting up garbage stats. I guess OKC thinks Brown's ceiling is higher than Bradley's if they can teach him how to play basketball, even though Bradley has better performance history and pedigree. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I guess Bradley just doesn't excite people lol. The fact that OKC keeps starting Brown means Bradley doesn't excite them either unfortunately. It's pretty obvious by now Bradley is the better player, but Brown is better at putting up garbage stats. I guess OKC thinks Brown's ceiling is higher than Bradley's if they can teach him how to play basketball, even though Bradley has better performance history and pedigree. 

If I were Moses I'd be embarrassed to keep getting starts while my backup is also early in his career, needs the time as well, and outplays me easily.  It's emasculating.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sixersfan740 said:

If I were Moses I'd be...

having easily the best year of your life, suddenly earning multiple millions doing what kids like to do for free during recess, and excitedly telling everyone you're an NBA starter. Just be sure to leave out the analytics 😅

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

having easily the best year of your life, suddenly earning multiple millions doing what kids like to do for free during recess, and excitedly telling everyone you're an NBA starter. Just be sure to leave out the analytics 😅

I've had a great life, but playing in the NBA would definitely take the cake.  Good point.

Still, it ain't right what's going on with their center rotation.  If Bradley got 28 consistent minutes a night he'd win some managers their leagues IMO.  And Moses freaking Brown and Coach D are gettin in the way.

Edited by Sixersfan740
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sixersfan740 said:

I've had a great life, but playing in the NBA would definitely take the cake.  Good point.

Still, it ain't right what's going on with their center rotation.  If Bradley got 28 consistent minutes a night he'd win some managers their leagues IMO.

You were right about Bradley's game giving him a better floor, but what's missing is OKC having any desire to win and provide an exciting ceiling. Seems like all the guys with solid BPM (Kenrich Williams being another) are keeping their mins down or being rested under the pretense of injury. Theo Maledon keeping his job over a more efficient Ty Jerome is kinda the PG version of this dilemma

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

I guess Bradley just doesn't excite people lol. The fact that OKC keeps starting Brown means Bradley doesn't excite them either unfortunately. It's pretty obvious by now Bradley is the better player, but Brown is better at putting up garbage stats. I guess OKC thinks Brown's ceiling is higher than Bradley's if they can teach him how to play basketball, even though Bradley has better performance history and pedigree. 

This is what confuses me as well. OKC already locked Moses for a cheap multi-years contract. Now is the time to evaluate Bradley's ceiling, unless they've seen enough and not interested.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

If I were Moses I'd be embarrassed to keep getting starts while my backup is also early in his career, needs the time as well, and outplays me easily.  It's emasculating.

Lol you really think a 21 year old kid will think all that? I am sure team politics is the least of his concerns

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jowell77 said:

This is what confuses me as well. OKC already locked Moses for a cheap multi-years contract. Now is the time to evaluate Bradley's ceiling, unless they've seen enough and not interested.

Well, he’s not special. Solid big men like him are quite easy to find, and each team only plays 2 big men now anyways. The supply greatly outpaces the demand. If I was OKC I would focus more on Brown too since he’s so physically gifted. You just hope he has half a brain and learn the game eventually like Time Lord. Bradley’s upside is lower and you can find similar players to replace him quite easily.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

Well, he’s not special. Solid big men like him are quite easy to find, and each team only plays 2 big men now anyways. The supply greatly outpaces the demand. If I was OKC I would focus more on Brown too since he’s so physically gifted. You just hope he has half a brain and learn the game eventually like Time Lord. Bradley’s upside is lower and you can find similar players to replace him quite easily.

Terrible take.  Moses is not "so physically gifted."  He played major college basketball and went undrafted.

Give me a break. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Terrible take.  Moses is not "so physically gifted."  He played major college basketball and went undrafted.

Give me a break. 

Brown is a big boy man. He’s just huge and moves well for his size. The fact that he can put up stats even though he sucks at basketball shows you how much physical talent he has. He’s big even for nba standard. Bradley is the better player, but that’s because he’s more skilled and has higher IQ. I am just trying to explain why OKC starts Brown instead of Bradley - you can teach skills and IQ, but you can’t teach size. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

Brown is a big boy man. He’s just huge and moves well for his size. The fact that he can put up stats even though he sucks at basketball shows you how much physical talent he has. He’s big even for nba standard. Bradley is the better player, but that’s because he’s more skilled and has higher IQ. I am just trying to explain why OKC starts Brown instead of Bradley - you can teach skills and IQ, but you can’t teach size. 

I've watched a lot of both of them over the past few weeks.  Have you?

I'm curious because Brown is not athletic.  He also has a shorter wingspan than Tony Bradley.  Bradley has pretty good size, he's close to 6'11 with a 7'5 wing span.  He can move better than Brown too.

Draft Express quote about Bradley:  "Bradley certainly looks the part of an NBA center with tremendous size and length, measuring 6'10.75 with a 7'5 wingspan and a 9'4.5 standing reach at the NBA combine in Chicago. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tony-Bradley-81973/ ©DraftExpress"

Brown also doesn't "put up stats even though he sucks at basketball."  If you mean he gets rebounds okay.  He's only gets around 1 block a game, that sucks for someone who is a "big boy man."  If he has such great size and moves well, why such low blocks and steals?

Free Tony Bradley.

Edited by Sixersfan740
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sixersfan740 said:

Terrible take.  Moses is not "so physically gifted."  He played major college basketball and went undrafted.

Give me a break. 

Why you are so passionate about Bradley. Ok he played a bit better but lets not pretend like he is some great player that is not utilized correctly. Moses be embarassed as if he is holding back the next Embiid? lmao

You were trying to promote Tillman over JVal as well. You are too invested in your players mate, relax.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Why you are so passionate about Bradley. Ok he played a bit better but lets not pretend like he is some great player that is not utilized correctly. Moses be embarassed as if he is holding back the next Embiid? lmao

You were trying to promote Tillman over JVal as well. You are too invested in your players mate, relax.

How can you expect a person to relax when such an injustice is taking place right before our eyes?  Next they'll come for you, mate.

Edited by Sixersfan740
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...