NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Poole 2020-2021 Outlook

I told ya'll last year this kid could play. Just had a historically awful start to his NBA career

(to be fair, I thought I might see him playing here in Australia in 2-3 years, the start was that bad)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This guys' going to be a league-winner for a lot of people...

He looks super confident out there, he's picking Morant's pockets like it's easy..

Could easily be a Top-60 guy the rest of the way, especially if the Dubs decide to trade Oubre and pack it in for the season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So in anticipation of the trade deadline, I was considering cutting him for NAW, or maybe even Claxton. 

Not so sure after this. Do y’all think he continues producing similarly to this current pace? He’s shooting lights out and that can’t last right? Or can it?

37 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

So in anticipation of the trade deadline, I was considering cutting him for NAW, or maybe even Claxton. 

Not so sure after this. Do y’all think he continues producing similarly to this current pace? He’s shooting lights out and that can’t last right? Or can it?

haha same dilemma im having poole or NAW. i think poole has safer ROS value as their 6th man, but as you said dont expect these crazy % and 20+ point tallies. hell be a 15-20 guy at most with minimal counting stats. NAW has higher upside in the steals & blocks department but lot has to go right for him - not only does he need redick and ball or bledsoe to be moved but even if that happens whilst he'll have more mins he'll still be playing with ball dominant guys in zion and ingram who both like to bring the ball up now. i think both poole & NAW could have similar stat lines moving forward albeit NAW better counting stats (if a trade occurs)

• Thanks 1

kerr said his minutes would increase when curry came back, but he actually played LESS than he did before curry got hurt.

kerr is a known weirdo with rotations and can't really be trusted, but im gonna give it a couple games or so before i cut him.

3 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

kerr said his minutes would increase when curry came back, but he actually played LESS than he did before curry got hurt.

kerr is a known weirdo with rotations and can't really be trusted, but im gonna give it a couple games or so before i cut him.

Me too, I’m sitting atop first place. I lost Bron and Lamelo to injuries so I need guys like Poole to succeed. But if I see hes going to continue to get less minutes, I might have to move on. 

Not just the fewer minutes but he looked a little uncertain about himself at times out there, like he got thrown way off by going back to his bench role.  I'd say if you can afford to wait a few more games to see how it shakes out to do so, but I needed someone to cut for McDaniels and had to do it.  Still like him for points, threes and FT% anchoring.

• 3 weeks later...