Ke'Bryan Hayes 2021 Outlook

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2/4, single, triple, run scored

Owning this guy makes me feel like I’ve been on hold with customer service for a month.  Much longer than anticipated wait times and periodically being told that my wait will end soon but with no furt

1 hour ago, cpdaly said:

Placed on the DL today.  Not great.  

Not bad either.

Pirates placed INF Ke'Bryan Hayes on the 10-day injured list with a left wrist injury.

Hayes tried to participate in baseball activities and simply didn't feel right, so the Pirates will elect to take the safe route with their star third baseman. Pittsburgh manager Chris Shelton told reporters, "While I was talking to you guys, he was out doing some baseball activities. We decided after doing the baseball activities that the IL stint was probably the best situation for us. No new change in terms of diagnostically with where we were at earlier."  The 24-year-old jammed his wrist on a swing during Saturday's game vs the Cubs. X-rays came back negative and an MRI showed mild inflammation, but better to be safe than sorry. The Pirates called up Wilmer Difo to take Hayes' place on the roster.

Source: Jason Mackey on TwitterApr                 4, 2021, 1:17 PM ET

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Source?  If it is just your opinion please say that in the post.

Opinion.  

I can't see the Bucs risking anything long term with him.  Wrist injuries tend to take a minimum of 30 days.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, B&F said:

Opinion.  

I can't see the Bucs risking anything long term with him.  Wrist injuries tend to take a minimum of 30 days.

It is kind of a joke though that they said he was put on the 10 day IL as a precaution and now he's not even doing anything after 9 days on the list.  He looks like he has the potential to be a great player, but unless there was more to the injury than they said, then he could suck it up and at least get back to baseball activities.

From CBS:

Pirates' Ke'Bryan Hayes: Resumes swinging

(1 hr ago) Hayes (wrist) has resumed swinging Tuesday and Wednesday, Kevin Gorman of TribLive.com reports.

Hayes has been sidelined since April 4 due to left wrist inflammation, and he's been making progress at the team's alternate training site. The 24-year-old hasn't yet faced live pitching but has been taking swings in the cage against soft toss. The Pirates haven't revealed a timetable for his return, but Pirates sports medicine director Todd Tomczyk said Wednesday that Hayes will need to continue swinging without soreness before he's cleared for game action.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

It is kind of a joke though that they said he was put on the 10 day IL as a precaution and now he's not even doing anything after 9 days on the list.  He looks like he has the potential to be a great player, but unless there was more to the injury than they said, then he could suck it up and at least get back to baseball activities.

Damn you guys are bloodthirsty lol

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Damn you guys are bloodthirsty lol

Not me.  I want a player totally healed.  Anyone that has the attitude that a player has the right to tell management he is playing through a wrist injury before he is cleared by the doc is insane.  Wrist injuries are very very scary and can get "played" into far worse than what they were if pushed too hard too fast.

• Like 3
On 4/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not me.  I want a player totally healed.  Anyone that has the attitude that a player has the right to tell management he is playing through a wrist injury before he is cleared by the doc is insane.  Wrist injuries are very very scary and can get "played" into far worse than what they were if pushed too hard too fast.

The issue I have is that it's mild inflammation.  I get that you don't want to mess with wrist injury, especially to a young star, but it's essentially a bruise and there's still no idea when he'll be back.

26 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

The issue I have is that it's mild inflammation.  I get that you don't want to mess with wrist injury, especially to a young star, but it's essentially a bruise and there's still no idea when he'll be back.

I’m not a doctor..... but I play one on fantasy baseball forums.  Is it at all possible that the swelling covered up a more serious issue that an x ray missed? 

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

I’m not a doctor..... but I play one on fantasy baseball forums.  Is it at all possible that the swelling covered up a more serious issue that an x ray missed? 

spacer.png

no. 

• Haha 2
48 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I mean he just faced live hitting and the manager said he had a chance to be back literally today.  So I’d expect soon...

CBS: Pirates' Ke'Bryan Hayes: Mid-week activation possible

General manager Ben Cherington said Hayes (wrist) will report to the Pirates' alternate site Tuesday to play in a rehab game against Triple-A Toledo, Jake Crouse of MLB.com reports.

Speaking on his weekly radio appearance on 93.7 The Fan Pittsburgh, Cherington said that Hayes is ready to test his left wrist out in a game setting after taking batting practice again Sunday without issue. Cherington added that Hayes is "hopefully not too long away from being activated," perhaps suggesting that the third baseman could be ready to rejoin the Pirates before next weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I believe both of his rehab games were rained out.  Probably won't be back until next week.

• Thanks 1