NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ke'Bryan Hayes 2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Richard Kimble said:

So now that he's due back, how long until they start talking about shutting him down for they year? 😂

Kimble....don't do this to me. 😄

• Haha 2
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2/4, single, triple, run scored

WHO INVITED THIS GUY

1 hour ago, Strikeforce316 said:

TBH, I was thinking the same thing earlier this morning. No joke. It's a viable question.

How is it a viable question?

Well it is a toss-up.  Roto-Grinders gives it an ORANGE and sez:

MIA @ PIT -

This one carries some risk... the storms around PIT won't be in a hurry to go anywhere fast. If they set up just north of the ballpark, maybe everything plays without issue... if they set up over the ballpark, it's either a very very long wait or a PPD. We likely won't have much of an idea until pre-lock with a radar check, so let's circle back to this one later today.

4 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

So what is his upside? I’m not sure about what to feel about him in keeper/dynasty.

Realistic upside is like 280 with 20 HR and 10 steals.   But you can dream of a Lindor 2.0 based on the fact he’s absolutely crushed major league pitching so far (including spring training this year).  

9 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Realistic upside is like 280 with 20 HR and 10 steals.   But you can dream of a Lindor 2.0 based on the fact he’s absolutely crushed major league pitching so far (including spring training this year).  

I saw the word Lindor....no need for me to read the rest, I'm good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

So what is his upside? I’m not sure about what to feel about him in keeper/dynasty.

2014 Rendon type production as a high end on his potential right now IMO. That said, there's certainly some good indicators that he can develop consistent 25+ HR potential. He's a plus hitter who routinely squares pitches up. Had elite exit velo and hard hit rates in his short MLB stint last year.

I think he really has the potential to be a top 30 dynasty asset as a 3B who provides power/speed with .280+ BA, which is scarce at that position

Edited by Blood Brother
  • Like 2

Results aside, this kid is an absolute stud.  He went 1-2 normally but should have been 3-4- the HR and he has a rocket to CF that was caught.  He has a knack for making contact, and making contact hard 

9 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Results aside, this kid is an absolute stud.  He went 1-2 normally but should have been 3-4- the HR and he has a rocket to CF that was caught.  He has a knack for making contact, and making contact hard 

I like that thinking. Focus on the way he drove the ball to the opposite field rather than the stupidity that cost him a home run. 

2 hours ago, Words said:

I like that thinking. Focus on the way he drove the ball to the opposite field rather than the stupidity that cost him a home run. 

Can't even lay the blame on him entirely, his first base coach should have caught it too but he was looking at the ball down the line. This isn't a Wil Craig level play that's never happened before. Still, you can bet your butt I'm going to repost it on the Pirates team thread later on, just because something like this would naturally happen to the Pirates. 

maybe due to the pandemic but fundamentals seem lacking. not just the players but that first base coach should have tackled the guy to make him come back to first. Bad teams always seem to cost themselves. 

He touched first on his homer today. All is forgiven. He is just torching the ball, so glad I took a shot in the dark on him when he got called up even though he was supposed to be a better defensive prospect that would hopefully grow into some power farther into his career.