NBC Sports Edge Forums

I see nothing to be excited about. Maybe this is an early overreaction, but I think it destroys the value of both Jonnu and Henry. Agholor just arrived in town, too, so that spreads targets out, as well. Whether it's Cam or another QB in NE, I don't like what this does for either TE. 

Both are streamers now and will take turns having a decent game now and then.   They're still a run first team as long as Cam is there.  

This like the guy in your league that spends his first two picks or 2 of 3 on stud TE's, and everyone oooohs as he's supposedly cornered the market.   Then the season starts and it just never works out, even with him flexing one all year long and he winds up with one injured or the other disappoints and gets traded for a borderline RB3 when he's desperate

Edited by BrianM

As long as one of them doesnt murder their friend then im excited  having 2 stud TE's on the team.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

As long as one of them doesnt murder their friend then im excited  having 2 stud TE's on the team.

Has either of them actually ever been a stud though?  I know both have had major upside and everyone has always been waiting for that breakout, but has it ever come to this point? Maybe the Pats can get least 1 of them or other of them over the hump? 

42 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Has either of them actually ever been a stud though?  I know both have had major upside and everyone has always been waiting for that breakout, but has it ever come to this point? Maybe the Pats can get least 1 of them or other of them over the hump? 

I agree with this.  Jonnu's always looked like a million bucks and made a fair amount of big plays, but i think the blurb on him stated he's never topped 500 yards.  I think Jonnu is someone most fans wanted to see really get showcased since he has that potential, but now he's probably just as risky a weekly play as he was in Nashville.

Henry's always been good, but I never recall him being dominant, and i think that's just what he is- no extra upside.    

4 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Pretty sure both made a pro bowl at some point?

6 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Actually. Neither have. 

Exactly. Smith never topped 500 yd, Henry had 650 yd in 2019 and that made him around TE9. 

I think we can all see the potential here, but so far it's just that.

Also, anyone still holding Dalton Keene or Devin Asiasi stock may be somewhat disappointed right now.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Hunter Henry 2021 Outlook