NBC Sports Edge Forums

TB has a backup plan available to them, I don't see them outspending the Seahawks if they choose to be aggressive on that front. I know NE has been aggressive this free agency, but I don't see them being as aggressive for a historically under-achieving RB who might not gel with the Patriots way (which I am sure Gronk will be warning him about).

7 hours ago, colorado2013 said:

which I am sure Gronk will be warning him about

Ooh, I'm glad about that. Belichick generally has no idea what's going on in the league.

Also (and more seriously) Belichick has taken up a number of players in the past who were widely considered to be difficult, and that has also worked out a number of times. With Fournette probably available in the bargain bin (last year he had a 2 + .5M contract with zero guarantees), it wouldn't completely surprise me if they add him at some point.

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Ooh, I'm glad about that. Belichick generally has no idea what's going on in the league.

Also (and more seriously) Belichick has taken up a number of players in the past who were widely considered to be difficult, and that has also worked out a number of times. With Fournette probably available in the bargain bin (last year he had a 2 + .5M contract with zero guarantees), it wouldn't completely surprise me if they add him at some point.

When one has the choice of playing with Belichick or last years Super Bowl team, the decision doesn't have to come down to winning. And, honestly, if it does come down to winning I think TB comes out ahead on that one. This year.

Fair point on Belichick's ability to get those with a reputation for being difficult and getting them to buy into his system.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Dont want this bum in NE. 

I wouldn’t either. If given the choice, I’d rather see what Harris has and if he can give me 250+ touches. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I wouldn’t either. If given the choice, I’d rather see what Harris has and if he can give me 250+ touches. 

What’s your thoughts on LF?

sounds like he had issues being a team player almost all the way up to playoff time when BA had a talk with him. 

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What’s your thoughts on LF?

sounds like he had issues being a team player almost all the way up to playoff time when BA had a talk with him. 

Tbh, I don't have a clue what my thoughts are, other than someone will be willing to pay more for him in a draft than I will. Am I happy for him as a former LSU player? Sure...and it's cool to see he still wears his LSU pads under his jersey. But as a fantasy football player, I just don't trust the guy as far as I can throw my truck. He's had very good moments and very bad moments on the field, and I just feel like no fantasy owner will really know what they're getting from him. I kinda hope he goes somewhere like Seattle and gets an opportunity to be the man again, but it will be the last opportunity handed to him to be a lead back if he doesn't take advantage. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Josina Anderson reports Leonard Fournette is re-signing with the Bucs. 

It's a one-year deal worth up to $4 million, as Tampa continues to keep its championship roster intact. The Bucs, in fact, are the first team in the free agency era to bring back all 22 starters from their Super Bowl winning team. Chris Carson returning to Seattle last week eliminated a potential landing spot for Fournette, who received attention from a few teams. It's surprising that Fournette, 26, didn't get a longer-term offer from a bottom dwelling team. Lombardi Lenny functioned as the Bucs' lead back during their Super Bowl run last season while Ronald Jones struggled with a quad injury. Fournette would figure to be a (slight) favorite to start 2021 as the Bucs' No. 1 back, but a healthy Jones caps his upside. Tampa's backfield split will be a topic of ample discussion in fantasy circles this summer. Unless Fournette or Jones miss time in 2021, both will likely be frustrating fantasy options. 

Mar 26, 2021, 11:29 AM ET
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Leonard Fournette 2021 Outlook