NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cool story bro: Ty France is the only player I have 100% ownership of. Batting 3rd in an improving Mariners lineup, full time ABs, ADP around 300? Yes, please.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, meh2 said:

Cool story bro: Ty France is the only player I have 100% ownership of. Batting 3rd in an improving Mariners lineup, full time ABs, ADP around 300? Yes, please.

Needless to say, Ty is a huge fantasy sleeper this year. Put a spot on your cheat sheet for him. 

• Like 2

His stat cast is really bizarre. Horrible hard hit% and exit velocity, but positive xBA, xwOBA, and xSLG.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/ty-france-664034?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

no idea what to make of France, especially with the dead ball. 

gun to my head I think he’s a .300 hitter and every day player, but maybe only a 15 hr guy.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, papaphunk said:

Any SB potential here ? Ended p grabbing him very late last night in my auction draft for a MI spot. Looks like he will hit for AVG but don't know much more about this guy.....

No.

**Sixteen stolen bases in the minors across roughly 2K at-bats and zero in 325 major league at-bats.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, collucho said:

I know we have to take it with a grain of salt cause its ST but the guy does have 5 dingers so far. 

He doesn't have a whole lot to go off of so I see no fault in using ST numbers for him.  I'm overly excited about France this year ( the player not the country).   Perfect world he hits 285. with 20-25 HRs.  R/RBI are going to rely on whats around him.  If Haniger is back to normal and France is hitting in the 2 hole I could see him around 80 in both R and RBI.  

• Like 3
On 3/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, fawkes_mulder said:

His stat cast is really bizarre. Horrible hard hit% and exit velocity, but positive xBA, xwOBA, and xSLG.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/ty-france-664034?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

no idea what to make of France, especially with the dead ball. 

gun to my head I think he’s a .300 hitter and every day player, but maybe only a 15 hr guy.

Sounds like Jeff McNeil type.  Good OBP and AVG, doesn't K much but doesn't run and power is below average. I'll take it. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, CardiacDO said:

Sounds like Jeff McNeil type.  Good OBP and AVG, doesn't K much but doesn't run and power is below average. I'll take it. 

I’d like to revise my opinion on ty France. I think he’s got more power than the stat cast probably captures. Has hit some no doubt home runs, and has impressed in spring training.

I am all in. Dude can hit.

• Like 2

This dude is thicccck. 5-11...220lbs. His build looks kinda like a shorter Goldschmidt to me. I wish he had Goldy’s wheels from back in the day. SB’s are pretty much nil.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, B&F said:

Looks like a legit hitter.  Is he a good enough fielder though to stick at 2B?

He’s gonna have to play second to keep his bat in the lineup. Kelenic should be up in the next couple of weeks. Trammel Lewis Kelenic haniger at the 3 OF spots and DH, Seager at 3B, White at 1B, only leaves 2B for France. He will dh at some points but he’s going to get enough starts at 2B to maintain fantasy eligibility as long as he hits imo. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

1/25 last few games. Haven’t seen any live action. Is he at least making any loud outs? Was supposed to be my set and forget sleeper this season. I’ll ride the cold streak....but dang....1/25!?!

I thought he was going to hit .300...instead he is going to hit the wire

• Haha 4