NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was a late round pick, not my 2nd wife...

sounds like your first wife went 2-40

Cool story bro: Ty France is the only player I have 100% ownership of. Batting 3rd in an improving Mariners lineup, full time ABs, ADP around 300? Yes, please.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

We still hanging on to this guy? He was so good to start but literally useless the last 3 weeks. 

It all depends on league size but for me I’m holding as long as I can - surely the cold streak can’t last much longer.  Maybe the Kelenic show will snap him out of it.

1 hour ago, CardiacDO said:

We still hanging on to this guy? He was so good to start but literally useless the last 3 weeks. 

He's not going to be this bad but he just looks like another Seattle guy that started off hot. His biggest selling point is his position eligibility. 

• Like 1

I wondered if maybe he was hiding/nursing an injury.

It seems to me that his slump came right after he was plunked by a pitch on the forearm (April 20th) and removed from the game.

I was expecting the worst because it seemed fairly serious at the time but aside from sitting out the next day, he was back in the line-up after that.

This slump followed directly after that.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Wieties said:

I wondered if maybe he was hiding/nursing an injury.

It seems to me that his slump came right after he was plunked by a pitch on the forearm (April 20th) and removed from the game.

I was expecting the worst because it seemed fairly serious at the time but aside from sitting out the next day, he was back in the line-up after that.

This slump followed directly after that.

Probably.  He's raked at every level in the minors and in the MLB so far.  Makes sense that his slump followed an injury to his wrist. 

This post from RotoWire seems to back up the theory that a hidden injury was the cause of this slump:

France (wrist) will wear a splint for up to five days and take anti-inflammatory drugs during his time on the 10-day injured list, the Associated Press reports.

Spin: France was hit by a pitch in the forearm back on April 28, and he slashed .067/.192/.089 over the 52 plate appearances covering his subsequent 13 games before hitting the injured list. There's very likely a connection to his struggles, and the hope is the combination of down time and the anti-inflammatory medication will get him back to full health and the success at the plate he enjoyed early in the season.
  • Like 1

Looks like he's expected back today or at least in the next couple days. Seems most have jumped ship but I'm holding out hope that the inflammation in that wrist is what inhibited his swing or ability to swing at all or swing with confidence....i do wonder why they waited until they put him on the 10day IL to start him on anti-inflammatory meds but it is what it is at this point.

I'm just hoping his wrist is better & we see the Ty France of the first couple-three weeks of the season.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Thoughts on playing time moving forward?

I may be wrong but i think France and his backup when he went on IL are both out so SEA is on their 3rd option at 2B. I would think he would step right into every day playing time as soon as he's activated. Where he hits in the order until proving his health is another question.....

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, wayzupusc said:

I'm just hoping his wrist is better & we see the Ty France of the first couple-three weeks of the season.

He's active now, this is precisely the question on the minds of managers going forward. How much was this inhibiting him after the hot start, is he fully healthy, and will he be able to produce? I think he's worth a pickup at 2B over a recently activated Brendan Rodgers, who won't have the PT, but it'd be a tough call him v. Hiura, as all 3 were activated in the past week and could help at 2B. All three guys are in awful lineups where anyone hitting deserves to play.

• Like 1

Hitting .375 since his return from the IL.

It's amazing what being able to swing a bat without pain will do.

If he's healthy, he's golden.

• Like 3

I need to see some bombsauce to believe

Hitting .382 (13-for-34) over nine games since returning from the injured list on May 24:

6/1
Oak
3/5
5/31
Oak
1/5
5/30
Tex
2/4
5/29
Tex
0/2
5/28
Tex
1/3
5/27
Tex
2/4
5/26
1/3
5/25
2/4
5/24
1/4

Hopefully, you held if you had him or scooped him up if he was dropped cause this boy can hit!

• Like 1