NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, Wieties said:

Hitting .382 (13-for-34) over nine games since returning from the injured list on May 24:

6/1
Oak
3/5
5/31
Oak
1/5
5/30
Tex
2/4
5/29
Tex
0/2
5/28
Tex
1/3
5/27
Tex
2/4
5/26
1/3
5/25
2/4
5/24
1/4

Hopefully, you held if you had him or scooped him up if he was dropped cause this boy can hit!

NO Homers or Stolen Bases

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was a late round pick, not my 2nd wife...

sounds like your first wife went 2-40

Cool story bro: Ty France is the only player I have 100% ownership of. Batting 3rd in an improving Mariners lineup, full time ABs, ADP around 300? Yes, please.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mks said:

And? He wasn’t expected to contribute at all in stolen bases and nothing more than 15-20 homers a year. He’s a .300 hitter that’s going to drive in a lot of runs from the 5 hole and score a lot if he moves back up to the two spot. 

• Like 2

From Faketeams.com today:

1B/2B/3B Ty France, Seattle Mariners (28% rostered)

The phrase “professional hitter” still applies. France got disrupted due to a slump at the plate, followed by a left wrist injury. This is still the man who crushed 27 homers at the Triple-A level in 2019, though (only 76 games). He swatted seven homers in limited MLB duty that same year, but then slashed .305/.368/.468 in 2020. He had a blistering Mar/April to begin 2021, slashing .289/.386/.464 with a .175 ISO. That’s more in line with what I think we can expect from him. Sample sizes are so small still, and his .240 BABIP in May is conspiring to drag his numbers down. He’s not hitting the ball quite as hard this month, but he’s also returning from injury. He’s still walking 10.0% of the time and only striking out 18.6% of the time over 18 May games...I think the ship will be righted soon enough. Best to get back in now for this middle-of-the-order stick.

***France was 3-for-5 with a double last night. It’s coming.***

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, mks said:

So when a guy who isn't projected to steal bases doesn't steal bases we hold it against him? 

• Haha 2

power will come, especially with warmer weather coming...and as stated, he stole zero bases in the minors lmao....hes not going to magically be a 20 steal guy

56 minutes ago, mks said:

For those of us that got burned by a  complete wasted  2b (and there are many), "no homers or steals" is a very pleasant change to " no homers, steals, rbis, or runs."

If he hits .265 with a small handful of homeruns but does it in the middle of a lineup thats good enough for me.

• Haha 1

I'd take the over on a .265 AVG. by quite a bit, actually.

I'd guess maybe .285-.290, 13-15 HR, NO SB's (eh, maybe 1...even Cecil Fielder got 2) with a healthy mix of RS and RBI.

Eligible at 1st and 2nd .

Nothing not to like...unless you are expecting Rickey Henderson on the basepaths.

If we were to take out the stretch of games following the HBP and wrist injury that were obviously hampering his swing, I'd venture to guess his BA would be .333+. Don't quote me on that but feel free to fact check my hypothesis I'm curious yet lazy.

1 hour ago, ty5592 said:

And? He wasn’t expected to contribute at all in stolen bases and nothing more than 15-20 homers a year. He’s a .300 hitter that’s going to drive in a lot of runs from the 5 hole and score a lot if he moves back up to the two spot. 

All fine and dandy but in points lgs it take s a lot of singles to equal 1 homer.

38 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Were you under the impression he’d be stealing bases?

Not at all. But if a guy don;t steal any bases he got to give you some homers don't he?  2 XBH in this 9 game hot streak. Takes 2 hits or at least one Homer by the guys behind him to score him from 1st base. also takes guys to be on 2nd and 3rd for him to get RBIs with just singles. 

21 minutes ago, Wieties said:

I'd take the over on a .265 AVG. by quite a bit, actually.

I'd guess maybe .285-.290, 13-15 HR, NO SB's (eh, maybe 1...even Cecil Fielder got 2) with a healthy mix of RS and RBI.

Eligible at 1st and 2nd .

Nothing not to like...unless you are expecting Rickey Henderson on the basepaths.

These seem like very realistic projections to me and it would make him a perfectly fine option in shallow leagues with middle infield positions. 

1 minute ago, mks said:

Not at all. But if a guy don;t steal any bases he got to give you some homers don't he?  2 XBH in this 9 game hot streak. Takes 2 hits or at least one Homer by the guys behind him to score him from 1st base. also takes guys to be on 2nd and 3rd for him to get RBIs with just singles. 

I think France is basically the Yuli Gurriel / Eric Hosmer version of a second baseman. I think those numbers will definitely play in most leagues. 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I think France is basically the Yuli Gurriel / Eric Hosmer version of a second baseman. I think those numbers will definitely play in most leagues. 

HUMM cept Hosmer and Gurriel hit Doubles and Homers. 

1 minute ago, knifeparty said:

I don't care if he hits .600 the rest of the way where are all the damn SBs!!!

when is the last homer he hit?

1 minute ago, knifeparty said:

I don't care if he hits .600 the rest of the way where are all the damn SBs!!!

and he not going to hit .600. He really has to hit .330 plus  or so which he won't to be of any value with NO Homers or SBs. I don;t expect any SB but a few Homers would be nice.

3 minutes ago, mks said:

HUMM cept Hosmer and Gurriel hit Doubles and Homers. 

They're both 20ish homer guys. I think France has that in him. Also, just a FYI when you evaluate a player keep in mind the majority of people don't play in points leagues. 

The HR's are coming...maybe not 20+, but he'll hit a decent number.

Like jfazz23 said, when the weather heats up the HR's will come

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mks said:

What does it matter really?  I mean sure I would love for him to pop some HRs but with so many hitters hitting in the low 200's it's nice to have a guy who hits for average and drives in runs.  I have other guys on my team for HR's who are hitting 220 so why not have a guy like France to balance it out.  

Edited by knifeparty
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, mks said:

If you look at his minor league numbers and project out his power in his brief MLB stints it's pretty clear he has 20 HR potential. Will he achieve that potential? Who knows, but basing your assessment of his power on two months of baseball and just 165 ABs seems like a very short sighted analysis to me. 

7 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

They're both 20ish homer guys. I think France has that in him. Also, just a FYI when you evaluate a player keep in mind the majority of people don't play in points leagues. 

IF he is a 20 Homers guy then lets start seeing them?