NBC Sports Edge Forums

35 minutes ago, mks said:

Not at all. But if a guy don;t steal any bases he got to give you some homers don't he?  2 XBH in this 9 game hot streak. Takes 2 hits or at least one Homer by the guys behind him to score him from 1st base. also takes guys to be on 2nd and 3rd for him to get RBIs with just singles. 

Not necessarily.  He's contributing in 3 cats for me right now.  I'm fine with that.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He was a late round pick, not my 2nd wife...

sounds like your first wife went 2-40

Cool story bro: Ty France is the only player I have 100% ownership of. Batting 3rd in an improving Mariners lineup, full time ABs, ADP around 300? Yes, please.

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I think France is basically the Yuli Gurriel / Eric Hosmer version of a second baseman. I think those numbers will definitely play in most leagues. 

I was thinking kind of a prime Jed Lowrie type.  That'll play just fine as an MI, or if you find yourself scouring free agency to find a 2B option.

43 minutes ago, mks said:

All fine and dandy but in points lgs it take s a lot of singles to equal 1 homer.

He’s 13th in Total bases in the last week at 2B. He’s 17th in Total bases in the last week at MI. 
He’s hitting over .300 and giving you RBI. 
So he might not be an option in shallow points leagues. However in anything with MI, Roto, deeper than 10 teams he’s worth a look. 

Looking at his averages he only hits a HR once every 40 or so PA and we are coming up on that number. He also hits doubles at about 1 in every 18 PA. He has 38 PA and 2 doubles 0HR. Not unreasonable to think that over the next 40 or so PA he hits 2 doubles and 2 HR and his numbers look fine. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Not necessarily.  He's contributing in 3 cats for me right now.  I'm fine with that.

HUMMM so his current .261 BA is helping you so much you don't need any homers?

56 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I think France is basically the Yuli Gurriel / Eric Hosmer version of a second baseman. I think those numbers will definitely play in most leagues. 

IN 2019 Gurriel hit 40 doubles 31 Homers and 102 Rbis . Hosmer has had back to back 25 homers seasons and Both will actually toss in 5-7 SB for you. France got a long way to be at  Eric Hosmer and Yuli Gurriel's level.

7 minutes ago, mks said:

Can't believe your impatience has made me take the time out of my day to go check the stats.

From the day after he got HBP on his wrist to the day he went on the IL here are his stats:

image.thumb.png.f7e36eb9a0ebb80cb7ed4ea0b3e928e6.png

Here are his stats before the HBP:

image.thumb.png.001566f51d93c0a247f6c7809f9f6f28.png

Here are his stats after his return from the IL:

image.thumb.png.360c3f9767ea34c58afdf298c68314e3.png

Looks like my .333 hypothesis is pretty accurate. HOLY **** ITS LITERALLY .333 I'M A GENIUS

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, mks said:

Well, since I picked him up [...], he's OPS'ing .890 with 6 RBIs and a couple runs scored.  I mean, he's not prime Altuve, but I'm not complaining.  You do your thing though.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Well, since I picked him up [...], he's OPS'ing .890 with 6 RBIs and a couple runs scored.  I mean, he's not prime Altuve, but I'm not complaining.  You do your thing though.

Just don't complain if he goes 2-42 again

4 hours ago, mks said:

IN 2019 Gurriel hit 40 doubles 31 Homers and 102 Rbis . Hosmer has had back to back 25 homers seasons and Both will actually toss in 5-7 SB for you. France got a long way to be at  Eric Hosmer and Yuli Gurriel's level.

That season was a COMPLETE outlier for Gurriel. His whole career (before and after) he's been a 20 HR guy. 

France has been hit by a pitch 5x in the last 5 days (2x on 6/8) and has 10 HBP this season!

He's on pace for almost 30!

What's up with that?

Does he crowd the plate or something?

Make faces at the pitcher or talk smack about his mother?

I can't recall seeing this many HBP in such a short amount of time

Any insight?

44 minutes ago, Wieties said:

France has been hit by a pitch 5x in the last 5 days (2x on 6/8) and has 10 HBP this season!

He's on pace for almost 30!

What's up with that?

Does he crowd the plate or something?

Make faces at the pitcher or talk smack about his mother?

I can't recall seeing this many HBP in such a short amount of time

Any insight?

He is a Mariner, and ALL good things Mariner shall come to an end.

Mookie also has a lot of HBP.  I think its just hitters crowding the plate.  France actually has the same Z-contact as Mookie, so the best way to get France out is to try and get him to chase outside the zone, or push him off the plate.  And both those strategies mean throwing pitches outside the zone, which probably increases HBP.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:45 PM, weakkneeswilly said:

I’m disappointed, to many 1-4 with nothing else.

Latest News

Jun 16, 8:38 AM EDT EDT

France went 3-for-4 with a solo homer, a double and two RBI in Tuesday's 10-0 win over the Twins.

1 hour ago, mks said:

if he goes at this pace his next homer should be about 3rd week of Aug.

I ended up dropping.  I still don't think he's a bad option if you're really having to scour the wire for MI or 2B options at this point in the season.  Decent avg/OPS and not a drag in Rs or RBIs, but mks is right, no SBs and almost no power is a tough hold.  I dropped for India, who is about a wash across the board, but may steal me 10 bags.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I ended up dropping.  I still don't think he's a bad option if you're really having to scour the wire for MI or 2B options at this point in the season.  Decent avg/OPS and not a drag in Rs or RBIs, but mks is right, no SBs and almost no power is a tough hold.  I dropped for India, who is about a wash across the board, but may steal me 10 bags.

India leading off in the reds line up will score a ton of runs has a bit of power at least has much has France who has about none and like you said will get 10 bags. India is much better play IMO

48 minutes ago, mks said:

India leading off in the reds line up will score a ton of runs has a bit of power at least has much has France who has about none and like you said will get 10 bags. India is much better play IMO

He's probably one of those guys who's better in real life than fantasy.  Good OBP, doesn't K a ton, can play passably good defense at multiple positions.  But yea, in today's fantasy landscape, it's tough to roster a guy who might give you close to single digit power and no speed, unless they're hitting over .300 or really kicking in a ton of runs.

Kind of the anti Garrett Hampson.

3 hours ago, 89Topps said:

I made the same move. India leading off as mks said should be steady runs.