NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ty France 2021 Outlook

22 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

France has a DTD tag in Yahoo and also CBS for his wrist....did he aggravate it or re-injure it over the weekend??

17 minutes ago, KrispySteve423 said:

Injured the wrist yesterday on a swing. MRI today.

Coaches comments don’t sound good either. Sounds like best case they expect him to be out for a few days. I’m excepting an IL stint. 

Latest News

Jun 21, 12:35 AM EDT EDT

France, whose wrist was briefly attended to by a trainer during Sunday's extra-inning win over the Rays, will get an MRI on Monday, the Associated Press reports. He finished Sunday's contest 1-for-3 with a solo home run.

Analysis

France held his wrist after a swinging strikeout that ended the ninth inning, but he remained in the game for the top of the 10th before being removed for Taylor Trammell. France, who is hitting a blistering .433 over his last eight games, spent time on the injured list earlier in the season due to wrist inflammation, missing the minimum 10 days in that instance.

Stud to dud then back to stud now he’s going backwards again, I just hope it’s not another 6 weeks of dismal hitting.

Is the source of the bone bruise being hit by a pitch some time ago or is it the ball at the bottom of the bat that is getting him on certain swings? Maybe a switch to one of those axe handle bats would help if it's the latter....it's helped other players who have wrist issues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChrisChinMcCaffrey said:

Does this guy have power as in 25 hr potential in the mlb.

I won't say "never" because power can develop, or players can always make swing and/or approach changes, but, I would say, no, he does not have 25 HR potential.

• 1 month later...

Game winning HR today, 13th of the year, slash line up to .286/.357/.443. He's having a nice slow burn of a season, and has been coming on strong lately. He's been strong since being derailed earlier in the year by a wrist injury and bone bruise, but on the whole you have to like what you've seen. France certainly seems like a 20 HR guy with a solid BA if he stays healthy all year, and that'll definitely play at middle infield.

• Like 1

A top wire pickup of the year! Just keeps chugging along and if you grabbed him for free once he returned from the IL, you can’t complain at all. People were really down on him but the nagging wrist injury was clearly to blame. The M’s are in the playoff hunt so Ty should stay relevant through the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 11:21 AM, fawkes_mulder said:

u don't deserve him if u can't handle a 2-40 stretch

i hope the paper hands owners who doubted France SZN would return are thoroughly disgusted with themselves.

he is a complete hitter.

• Like 1