NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine saying something will never happen and then it happens in the very first opportunity possible.        

I fully deny reality and will continue to do so!  😂 Cora "protecting" this guy?  Come on, Cora.  Did the year off turn your mind to mush?

I’m viewing this kid as a younger Gallo/Sano type. There is value in that.

I think the question is... does he have a chance to cut down on the Ks and be a bit more than that? I think there’s a decent possibility. He’s young enough where you should consider taking that chance

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Looks like the Red Sox are batting him 9th which is quite sad as an owner in a 12 teamer.  Kinda saps his value 

That can’t last for long given that he’s leading the team in RBI and 3rd in the MLB - and doing it while hitting at the bottom of the order.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

He won't bat 9th in real games.  Ever.

Bobby Dalbec was given the night off for today's interleague game, but he ended up hitting the game-winning home run while pinch-hitting for the pitcher in the ninth slot of the order ...

49 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Bobby Dalbec was given the night off for today's interleague game, but he ended up hitting the game-winning home run while pinch-hitting for the pitcher in the ninth slot of the order ...

Yep still hasn't batted 9th in a real game yet.  Check.

I might draft him just so I can say his name all year long. In all honesty though this kid has got some power. He should be a cheap upside power bat at the end of your drafts that’s not going to hurt you if he busts. If things go right he could be huge. 

The Ks in spring training are really worrisome. He’ll be a high K high HR type but the whole idea is that for him to be useful he can’t be worse than Gallo or Sano in the Ks department 

Edited by UberRebel
17 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Pronounced Bwahbee Dalbock in Bostonian. Perfect. 

Hate to burst the generally made in Hollywood bubble but most people in New England pronounce his name Bobby Dalbec.  There are very VERY few "Boston Robs" in  real life and he lives in Florida now.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Hate to burst the generally made in Hollywood bubble but most people in New England pronounce his name Bobby Dalbec.  There are very VERY few "Boston Robs" in  real life and he lives in Florida now.

I'm here to propagate Bostonian stereotypes, not have my bubble bursted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And right, just like most Chicagoans (sadly) don't sound like the superfans. 

Just having fun. The name just sounds so easy to Bostonize.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

He won't bat 9th in real games.  Ever.

https://nesn.com/2021/03/bobby-dalbec-would-not-mind-hitting-ninth-in-red-sox-batting-order/

For some, batting ninth is not ideal. Bobby Dalbec, however, is different.

The 25-year-old infielder likely will be the No. 9 batter for the Red Sox to start the season after playing in 16 of Boston’s 60 games during Major League Baseball’s abbreviated 2020 season. And if that’s the case, he’s just fine with it.

“I’ll hit wherever they want to put me. Hitting ninth is cool,” Dalbec said, per MassLive’s Christopher Smith. “I get to flip the lineup potentially. Just keep doing that. Hand it off to the next guy. That will be my thing if that’s where I am.”

Red Sox manager Alex Cora is pleased with what he’s seen from Dalbec this spring. Still, he believes placing him last in the batting order would be beneficial all around.

“It’s just one of those where we will protect him. I think he’s protected in that spot. And if you are the opposition, there’s no breathing room with us.”

If last Wednesday’s starting lineup against the Minnesota Twins indicated the Red Sox’s lineup for Opening Day, Dalbec should bat last. He hit his second grand slam of the summer in his only at-bat of the game.

We’ll see where Dalbec ultimately lands when the Red Sox begin their 2021 campaign April 1.

• Thanks 1
On 3/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Dis guy probably livin in Vamahnt or New Hampsure, we all know it's bawby dawlbock, go back to duh sticks, no bubble burstin here.

• Like 1
On 3/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, rando said:

I can't wait to feast on his .220 30-80 Khris Davis (of old) Jr line.

Now thar you’ve made this reference, I’m going to laugh if he ends the year with a .247 ba. Lol!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Basically Joey Gallo upside for cheap?

16 hours ago, Strikeforce316 said:

I think with a better BA & OBP 

Has less power than Gallo. Has less of a walk rate than Gallo.  I think some might think Bobby might have a better hit tool than Gallo, but the jury is still out on that.  I think they are probably similar, but too early to tell. I think he's a fine later discount version of Gallo in fantasy leagues though. He was pretty great in 2020, but a 263 average came with nearly a 400 babip. Seems like an under .250 guy for sure, but don't know if it's more 240 or 210.

• Like 1
On 3/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, Fbaseballgod said:

Looks like the Red Sox are batting him 9th which is quite sad as an owner in a 12 teamer.  Kinda saps his value 

I drafted him in my yahoo H2H league, 6th round I think. I thought he would not be available by then.