NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine saying something will never happen and then it happens in the very first opportunity possible.        

I fully deny reality and will continue to do so!  😂 Cora "protecting" this guy?  Come on, Cora.  Did the year off turn your mind to mush?

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I fully deny reality and will continue to do so!  😂

Cora "protecting" this guy?  Gone on, Cora.  Did the year off turn your mind to mush?

I respect the honesty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

He won't bat 9th in real games.  Ever.

Wrong lol. Craziness from Cora, is it really just to "put less pressure on the kid" garbage?

Obviously, he does have to reduce the K-rate, but man, he hits the ball hard. 

He really did put a pretty swing on the ball he drove to the wall today. The two pitches before that, he looked lost. 

• Like 1

Good things come to those who wait all of one day.  Dalbec has moved up to batting 7th today!  😎  I knew if I denied reality long enough -- 24 hours -- reality would come to it's senses.

But honestly I don't know what Cora was thinking yesterday and during spring training.  Protect Dalbec from what?  Let the kid get his AB's. 

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Good things come to those who wait all of one day.  Dalbec has moved up to batting 7th today!  😎 

That is as high as he should go until he starts putting the ball in play...

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Should be hitting no higher than 10th, imo.

He’s their best hitter outside of JD.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

He’s their best hitter outside of JD.

I’m going to assume that’s sarcasm. That’s sarcasm, right?

Just now, meh2 said:

I’m going to assume that’s sarcasm. That’s sarcasm, right?

...it is.

• Haha 1
Just now, meh2 said:

Haha, touché.

At least they will no longer have to face the juggernaut of Matthew Harvey and whoever the heck the O’s started today.  While playing at home.  In front of fans.

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, meh2 said:

Should be hitting no higher than 10th, imo.

Some believe he should be hitting fourth...

2 hours ago, Fielder1831 said:

Looking like my boy Casas will be up sooner rather then later!

Come on.  Not happening.  He needs another year.  He never has played higher than A ball.

It always amazes me when people go overboard after the first 3 or 4 games.  "Dalbec won't get a hit all season."  "Mercedes is the reincarnation of Babe Ruth."  This is NOT football.  Geez.  Every time a player starts off 0 fer to start of the season all the Chicken Littles out there declare that the sky has fallen.  Have a mini slump at the start of the season where it is noticed more and your career is over according to these types.  A slump is a slump and every player has them.  And a mere three games isn't even a slump.

Only JD and Vasquez were hitting in this first series.  Xander and Devers and Verdugo were in the same zone as Dalbec.  They all going to go without hits the rest of the season?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, coleporter said:

He had a bad series. . Have to give him a few weeks at least. He is a cheap source of power. 

Not if you are in a league that has strike outs in it...

It always amazes me when people go overboard after the first 3 or 4 games.  "Dalbec won't get a hit all season."  "Mercedes is the reincarnation of Babe Ruth." 

Nobody is really saying either of those things, a bit fo an exaggeration.

My issue with Dalbec dates back to him as a prospect.  I think every single ranking for the red Sox from 2019 and previous had Chavis > Dalbec.  The only reason Dalbec was close to Chavis, or maybe ahead of him in one, was because he was better suited at a corner position.  Chavis is kind of a 1b type hitter but he's too short for the position, relative to basically every other 1bman. Chavis was suppose to maybe hidden at 2b or DH. Regardless of how you feel about Chavis as a defender, it was unanimously considered he was a better hitter than Dalbec. 

Chavis currently sits in AAA or taxi squad at the moment, despite having a pretty good spring himself.  Did Dalbec jump Chavis as a hitter?  i don't think so, I haven't seen much to think that yet. It's possible.  Chavis isn't good enough to be on the team despite his hitting, but Dalbec is because he can handle 1b better.

It's worth noting once more that Dalbec had a .263 average with a 400 BABIP.  It's really hard to have that low of an average with that BABIP. A 400 BABIp is 100% unsustainable.  So when we say "it's too early to panic on Dalbec", it's not that I don't agree... he obviously won't have a .000 batting average  (also unsustainable)., but I just have nothing to confidently say he will return to his old self, because his 2020 old self was not a sustainable profile. This isn't Pete Alonso or Luke Voit having a slow start, it's an unproven older prospect.  Very few players can succeed in the majors as a hitter with a 35% K rate, let alone 40%, it's not something I'd feel confident paying for. 

• Like 2

Come on.  Not happening.  He needs another year.  He never has played higher than A ball.

It always amazes me when people go overboard after the first 3 or 4 games.  "Dalbec won't get a hit all season."  "Mercedes is the reincarnation of Babe Ruth."  This is NOT football.  Geez.  Every time a player starts off 0 fer to start of the season all the Chicken Littles out there declare that the sky has fallen.  Have a mini slump at the start of the season where it is noticed more and your career is over according to these types.  A slump is a slump and every player has them.  And a mere three games isn't even a slump.

Only JD and Vasquez were hitting in this first series.  Xander and Devers and Verdugo were in the same zone as Dalbec.  They all going to go without hits the rest of the season?

I was really just joking here bud. Your Dalbec shares are safe for a few more weeks!

• Haha 1