NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2021 Outlook

That and the return of the Good Doctor LDT should be a nice starting point.  I’m still very high on his talent/situation, and his disappointing rookie campaign provides ample room for value in this year’s drafts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrianM said:

So LDT and Thuney have only played guard, to my knowledge, and Long seems to be listed as a guard.  Is someone moving to tackle or center?  

Thuney was listed last season as a Tackle according to Pro Football Reference, and according to the same Long was RT in 2015.
With Schwartz and Fischer gone, it would make sense to move at least either Long or Thuney to Tackle I guess?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Thuney was listed last season as a Tackle according to Pro Football Reference, and according to the same Long was RT in 2015.
With Schwartz and Fischer gone, it would make sense to move at least either Long or Thuney to Tackle I guess?

correct. Long to T, Thuney can play it in a pinch and draft accordingly 

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2021 Outlook
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The Walrus

Holmgren was the Walrus - goo goo ga joob -

Reid is Kool-Aid 

andy-reid-kool-aid-2.gif

... this is the bored's yearly refresher/reminder 💃

now - ol' CEH?

i had front row seats to the funeral, so yer damn straight i'll be attending the wedding. 

i'll reach - not necessarily Stretch Armstrong, mind you - more like Gheorge Muresan.

prospects for the kid certainly took a pleasant enuff upswing with the Brown snag ... that line was a work in progress, if not shambles, what with the shuffling, etc. 

not a Manute Bol reach, either. 

maybe more like an alligator armed Freddie Mitchell - cautious, but not ducking or diving or cowering out for a smoke come back of the 3rd or so. 

Gheorghe_Muresan_(15833043052).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

All aboard. 

The Walrus wasn’t going to let Maholmes go another season without an elite oline. Which of course is a huge boost to CEH

Yea all about CEH this year as well , Williams being gone is huge 

15 hours ago, ginocan said:

I just spent 5 minutes going over every details of a close up picture of a guy that I don’t know. Thanks MOP2. 

i'm not one to skimp on the higher res, ya know?

BUY CLYDE!!1!  2021 El-Cheapo bin special!11!

Sports Sportsmanias GIF - Sports Sportsmanias Emoji GIFs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

Where do you guys think CEH stacks up against this year's top rookies? Imagine:

Najee to Pitt

ETN to NYJ

Javonte to Miami

Gainwell to Jax

Where do you rank CEH among them?

First if Najee goes to Pit in the first

That's an awful landing spot. 40 year old Ben about to have a year worse than 2015 Peyton and a corpse of an OL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

First if Najee goes to Pit in the first

That's an awful landing spot. 40 year old Ben about to have a year worse than 2015 Peyton and a corpse of an OL

So we're not alot to start a rebuild and better our running game just because Ben is on his way out ?

35 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

So we're not alot to start a rebuild and better our running game just because Ben is on his way out ?

Najee will be 26 the next time Pittsburgh has a team that can win a Super Bowl--in all likelihood

Get your QB and OL first (already have WRs and a defense) because they take a while to develop and then the RB as the final piece to put them over the top

That said I get why an org like the Steelers that prides itself in running the ball wants to go RB--fine. Take Javonte in the 2nd and get OL in the first

I don't rate Najee a better prospect than Swift, Dobbins or Taylor and those guys didn't even earn 1st round capital. Spending a first on the position is a luxury pick for when you don't ahve many needs

With that said--my comment was specifically on Najee's fantasy value with the Steelers not on what I think they should do

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Najee will be 26 the next time Pittsburgh has a team that can win a Super Bowl--in all likelihood

Get your QB and OL first (already have WRs and a defense) because they take a while to develop and then the RB as the final piece to put them over the top

That said I get why an org like the Steelers that prides itself in running the ball wants to go RB--fine. Take Javonte in the 2nd and get OL in the first

I don't rate Najee a better prospect than Swift, Dobbins or Taylor and those guys didn't even earn 1st round capital. Spending a first on the position is a luxury pick for when you don't ahve many needs

With that said--my comment was specifically on Najee's fantasy value with the Steelers not on what I think they should do

I believe for our style and what Pittsburgh was built on, a guy like Harris fits the bill. I'm not saying that grabbing a guy like Javonte Isn't a good plan but I still think there is something to be said about grabbing a rb like Harris as the foundation of a backfield threat, that's just my opinion. 

Steelers while doing alot of things that bug me are always in the mix somehow , and we have been able to turn corners quick. Harris coming here would just mean we really need to hit OL and QB hard next and the next year or two, but even with Ben on the way out doesn't mean that Harris wouldn't make life easier for Ben by helping open up things down field some. Part of why Ben has struggled outside of the obvious is no defense cared one bit about our pathetic run game so it was all on Ben's shoulders.

If we don't get Harris, or Etienne , then sure I'd be great with OL and then a guy like Javonte ...but right now I want a dude that can power his way thru , having ourselves a Henry type back would be awesome to start rebuilding around .

Ultimately we just need more, we need a real TE again, we need an actual WR1, this team just needs a lot.

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

I believe for our style and what Pittsburgh was built on, a guy like Harris fits the bill. I'm not saying that grabbing a guy like Javonte Isn't a good plan but I still think there is something to be said about grabbing a rb like Harris as the foundation of a backfield threat, that's just my opinion. 

Steelers while doing alot of things that bug me are always in the mix somehow , and we have been able to turn corners quick. Harris coming here would just mean we really need to hit OL and QB hard next and the next year or two, but even with Ben on the way out doesn't mean that Harris wouldn't make life easier for Ben by helping open up things down field some. Part of why Ben has struggled outside of the obvious is no defense cared one bit about our pathetic run game so it was all on Ben's shoulders.

If we don't get Harris, or Etienne , then sure I'd be great with OL and then a guy like Javonte ...but right now I want a dude that can power his way thru , having ourselves a Henry type back would be awesome to start rebuilding around .

Ultimately we just need more, we need a real TE again, we need an actual WR1, this team just needs a lot.

I don't see WR as a need but TE, CB, C, OT and QB are definite needs. EDGE too with Dupree gone

And I get how Najee just oozes Steeler in his style of running--but Najee at 24 would be the "let's make one more run with Ben" pick the same way Saquon at 2 was for the Giants with Eli

Just denial that it was over and that they were never putting together a Super Bowl team under their aging QB again

4 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I don't see WR as a need but TE, CB, C, OT and QB are definite needs. EDGE too with Dupree gone

And I get how Najee just oozes Steeler in his style of running--but Najee at 24 would be the "let's make one more run with Ben" pick the same way Saquon at 2 was for the Giants with Eli

Just denial that it was over and that they were never putting together a Super Bowl team under their aging QB again

But they believe they're better than what they are , so I'd rather see at least a threat that can instantly generate production.  

We are horrible at WR tho, first of all juju has proven he's no number 1...outside of being a total asshat he's barely a wr2, barely..I wanted him gone faster than you can blink, it pains me to put up with his garbage another year...he's a twitch player, not a football player. And Chase isn't far behind in being a total assclown moron, sure he might still produce and grow up but I'm not banking on it .

You look around this league and our WR lineup is hilarious, we don't have any big guns...so just saying, WR is a total need.

Honestly the whole team needs help. I'm just at this point wanting someone anyone to enjoy during fantasy on the team,  and Harris would be a guy we could hang our hats on.

We have no big names right now, no stars, it sucks 

Lmao , I was clicking the notification link and it brought me in here ....didn't even realize I was still in the CEH thread last few posts.  But yea let's get it back on track. 

I'm surprised where CEH is sitting in early ranks atm, I'm sure it'll move as the months go by but I think he's going to have one hell of a year. I think he may have the year this year that everyone was expecting last year 

• Like 2