NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Clyde Edwards-Helaire 2021 Outlook

On 6/19/2021 at 8:50 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Top 3 finish of all the Chiefs RBs is in reach for MEH.  

Top 3 in the NFL?  I would say no.  Just too many guys ahead of him that have superior skills.

his rookie season was Ruff, no disputing that. 

KC has revamped their Oline though. CEH has had a full year to adjust, will have training camp and preseason games this year. If/when Andy Reid starts using CEH like vintage Brian Westbrook then he certainly can have a top 5 finish. He is a really good pass catching back.

• Like 1

Chiefs Offense.

No real competition for significant touches in the backfield.

A year to adjust to NFL AND offseason with team, unlike last year.

Realistic chance to improve goalline conversions behind revamped O-line.

Revamped O-Line.

Andy Reid.

1st round draft pick.

Chiefs Offense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Love ceh this year all day long,  so many perks that's already been mentioned above 

9th pick in a 12 team, hoping my Najee/CEH duo works out. Both have sky high ceilings. I feel like CEH is especially going to be a steal this year. 

5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I love his ADP value right now. Getting the lead back on one of the best offenses in the mid second round is very good value. 

Yeah was hoping early third, but with Akers and Thomas injuries it really screwed that up.

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

9th pick in a 12 team, hoping my Najee/CEH duo works out. Both have sky high ceilings. I feel like CEH is especially going to be a steal this year. 

Why would you do that? Aaron Jones and Eckler will probably be there and you can grab CEH in the 2nd easy probably Mixon as well.

I'd rather have Eckler/Jones and Mixon than CEH/Harris.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Why would you do that? Aaron Jones and Eckler will probably be there and you can grab CEH in the 2nd easy probably Mixon as well.

I'd rather have Eckler/Jones and Mixon than CEH/Harris.

Eckler and jones is a great combo as well. There’s 20 other RB’s I prefer over mixon however. 

7 hours ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Staying away unless he drops to the 3rd round.  Even the it depends on who is there.  Not buying it this year.  He has to prove it.

Your loss. The point is that you pick the guy at a sweet spot for a massive discount before he "proves it."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Your loss. The point is that you pick the guy at a sweet spot for a massive discount before he "proves it."

Exactly. You gotta find the “next man up” if you want to win your league or else you just take the next guy on yahoo best player left available rankings. 

last year was pretty bad for him and we all know it absolutely could get worse but lets say last year was his floor. 1100 total yards with 36 receptions in 13 games is pretty good Johnathon Taylor only had 1400 yards and 36recs in 15 games and people think he is about to be the next big thing this year but he was out produced by CEH all year until he had a 250 yard season finale. 

• Like 2

I like the value at his current ADP as well but did he do ONE thing last year that points to him producing this season. I'm not sure if there's a RB in the entire league that could've done less with that opportunity than him. 

17 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I like the value at his current ADP as well but did he do ONE thing last year that points to him producing this season. I'm not sure if there's a RB in the entire league that could've done less with that opportunity than him. 

What?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

What?

Seemed pretty self-explanatory. He could not have looked more ordinary. And you couldn't ask for a better position to produce. I can't think of one thing you can point to from last season where you can say, that's what we'll get more of this year that'll make him a RB1. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Seemed pretty self-explanatory. He could not have looked more ordinary. And you couldn't ask for a better position to produce. I can't think of one thing you can point to from last season where you can say, that's what we'll get more of this year that'll make him a RB1. 

Agreed.  I was pretty excited to see him play last year and was essentially let down.  He looked like he 'didn't belong' in the NFL.  Absolutely NO push in the piles.  He's a COP back at best I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He looked good once he hit the second level, but before that, yeah looked pretty bad. And lots of rbs look great in the second level lol. What funny is CEH was never even considered to be the top rb prospect that year, but then Cheifs went and took him. I imagine Swift would’ve killed it last year had he been the pick instead 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

He looked good once he hit the second level, but before that, yeah looked pretty bad. And lots of rbs look great in the second level lol. What funny is CEH was never even considered to be the top rb prospect that year, but then Cheifs went and took him. I imagine Swift would’ve killed it last year had he been the pick instead 

You loved the situation and draft capital a lot more than you loved the player thats for sure.

7 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Dobbins or Taylor would have been the better back in the Chiefs system. A lot of people tend to overlook at JT23 as a pass catcher. CEH is going to be better, he has had another year and with that oline there is no excuse. 12 or 13 weeks of their schedule is against mediocre run teams. Obviously i know it changes year to year, but that schedule they may get out on top quick and preserve their golden arm. Mahomes has been banged up the last two years and they will protect their future

10 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Johnathon Taylor did less than CEH for 15 weeks with just as much opportunity. If it wasn’t for his week 17 explosion against the 2nd worst defense in the league he would had a worse statistical year than CEH. 

11 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

True. But I think we saw what he is last year. A servicible back on a throwing offense.  His upside is limited.

9 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

True. But I think we saw what he is last year. A servicible back on a throwing offense.  His upside is limited.

I just can't ever bank on the fact that a RB, any RB, but especially a first-round draft pick on a high-powered, well-coached offense, has shown their true potential after just their first season.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I just can't ever bank on the fact that a RB, any RB, but especially a first-round draft pick on a high-powered, well-coached offense, has shown their true potential after just their first season.

First round pick yeah but should he have been?  Looks like they drafted for need.   He's not a first round talent especially at RB. If he were more involved in the passing game like he should be he would be a first rounder.  But basically he's David Montgomery on a throwing offense.

32 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

First round pick yeah but should he have been?  Looks like they drafted for need.   He's not a first round talent especially at RB. If he were more involved in the passing game like he should be he would be a first rounder.  But basically he's David Montgomery on a throwing offense.

Doesn’t matter if he should have been or not. When a team spends that kinda capital on a guy they do whatever they can to seem him succeed or the GM and coaches look like idiots and can get fired or have a hard time getting another job. It’s why guys like kelvin Benjamin stick around even though they’re worthless. 

So he might just be a guy but Reid is gonna want to make him look like a good draft pick. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Doesn’t matter if he should have been or not. When a team spends that kinda capital on a guy they do whatever they can to seem him succeed or the GM and coaches look like idiots and can get fired or have a hard time getting another job. It’s why guys like kelvin Benjamin stick around even though they’re worthless. 

So he might just be a guy but Reid is gonna want to make him look like a good draft pick. 

Possible.  But Reid want to win first and foremost.  He's not gonna force feed a guy because of a draft.