NBC Sports Edge Forums

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2929315-report-curtis-samuel-washington-football-team-agree-to-3-year-345m-contract

The Washington Football Team signed the wide receiver to a three-year, $34.5 million contract on Wednesday, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Samuel spent the first four seasons of his career with the Carolina Panthers after they selected him with a second-round pick in the 2017 NFL draft. While he wasn't an immediate difference-maker, he improved every season until he was one of the team's go-to options in 2020.

In 2020 Samuel was 3rd on the Panthers depth chart with 851 receiving and 200 rushing yards (and 5 TD); sounds like an excellent addition for Ron Rivera. Still, that's a loooooooooot of money.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

making moves in Washington, this just keeps bumping Gibson up even higher for me

As a Gibson owner, I am loving the Samuel and Fitz signings. There are some legit weapons offensively for the WFT to go with an OL that PFF ranked 6th at the end of the season. Rivera has this team pointed in the right direction. 

• Like 1
On 3/18/2021 at 9:09 AM, The G Man said:

Was hoping Miami would sign him. Good get for the WFT.

So, what are we projecting? Back-end WR2/Flex play in season long formats?

You're spot on imo. I'd Draft him as my wr4/5 with hopes of wr2/3 production . Standard, season long.

5 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

With Fitz at QB ...I Love Terry and Samuel. Expect elevated fantasy numbers this year 

Yeah. Fitz throwing to Terry and Samuel with Gibson coming out of the backfield is a FAST fast offense. Logan Thomas was pretty damn good last season as well. They have some weapons. Now they just have to get through the inevitable back-breaking bone-headed random Fitz interceptions and they'll be in good shape (i like him but you KNOW it's coming with him. There's a reason he's started games for all 45 NFL teams). 

1 hour ago, yossarian said:

Yeah. Fitz throwing to Terry and Samuel with Gibson coming out of the backfield is a FAST fast offense. Logan Thomas was pretty damn good last season as well. They have some weapons. Now they just have to get through the inevitable back-breaking bone-headed random Fitz interceptions and they'll be in good shape (i like him but you KNOW it's coming with him. There's a reason he's started games for all 45 NFL teams). 

Don’t forget his boy Humphries!

• Thanks 1
On 3/26/2021 at 4:09 PM, BMcP said:

Don’t forget his boy Humphries!

BEEEEMAC!

lil' Leezy-anna lightnin' action always works. 

oh, the kid Humphries?

if the chap played hoops they'd call him a "gym rat" ... sorta like Chris Mullin.

he's no Scotty Miller, cuz that would be more like Pistol Pete. 

FitzMagic is Louie Dampier, or Bill Melchioni - i wanna say Dave Cowens, but Mendy Rudolph might slap me a T

• Like 2
On 3/27/2021 at 1:31 PM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

BEEEEMAC!

lil' Leezy-anna lightnin' action always works. 

oh, the kid Humphries?

if the chap played hoops they'd call him a "gym rat" ... sorta like Chris Mullin.

he's no Scotty Miller, cuz that would be more like Pistol Pete. 

FitzMagic is Louie Dampier, or Bill Melchioni - i wanna say Dave Cowens, but Mendy Rudolph might slap me a T

NFL needs to come back quicker for the simple fact that I want to see @Boudewijn starting player threads and @pastorofmuppets2posts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If where fantasypros has Samuel ranked is any indication, I think he's an interesting prospect. McKissic, the limited times I watched them, his ball skills were lacking. Barber, Miller, they're early-down subs.  They could run Samuel on the vertical stuff but more likely he's utilized just the same as he was in Carolina, as a RB/WR. Should he be designated that in fantasy leagues, he'll also afford owners some unexpected versatility. He's back there with Deebo Samuel & Logan Thomas, so perhaps they're more appealing but I think he replaces McKissic & averages close to 10 touches a game.  

11 hours ago, markrc99 said:

If where fantasypros has Samuel ranked is any indication, I think he's an interesting prospect. McKissic, the limited times I watched them, his ball skills were lacking. Barber, Miller, they're early-down subs.  They could run Samuel on the vertical stuff but more likely he's utilized just the same as he was in Carolina, as a RB/WR. Should he be designated that in fantasy leagues, he'll also afford owners some unexpected versatility. He's back there with Deebo Samuel & Logan Thomas, so perhaps they're more appealing but I think he replaces McKissic & averages close to 10 touches a game.  

While I wish they had Samuel, McLaurin is not a bad consolation prize!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

While I wish they had Samuel, McLaurin is not a bad consolation prize!

That sentence confused me until I realised @markrc99mentioned Deebo, the other Samuel 😛

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1