NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alek Manoah - SP - TOR

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Manoah was originally schedule to pitch Tuesday night, I believe. That the Jays moved him back a day to align with Ross Stripling (their worst starter, got lit up tonight) is likely no coincidence. 

I love this I wish there more videos of all propects/MLB players like this.   I took a couple things from this. -that slider obviously moves, however it seems to be up a lot.  At the hi

Posted (edited)

Blue Jays optioned LHP Nick Allgeyer to Triple-A Buffalo.

The Blue Jays will announce a corresponding roster move on Tuesday. Allgeyer was just called up on Saturday, but didn't make an appearance.

👁️‍🗨️

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, dfstout said:

Blue Jays optioned LHP Nick Allgeyer to Triple-A Buffalo.

The Blue Jays will announce a corresponding roster move on Tuesday. Allgeyer was just called up on Saturday, but didn't make an appearance.

👁️‍🗨️

Not trying to burst your bubble but I do believe they are activating Dolis from the IL and also I believe Manoah is scheduled to pitch tonight. 

5 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Not trying to burst your bubble but I do believe they are activating Dolis from the IL and also I believe Manoah is scheduled to pitch tonight. 

Akins also said he will stay down until he can learn to use his secondary stuff when he is behind in the count instead of using his fastball all the time. 

15 hours ago, TheBoatmen said:

Akins also said he will stay down until he can learn to use his secondary stuff when he is behind in the count instead of using his fastball all the time. 

That might be one of the most legitimate reasons I've heard for keeping a stud down in the minors. At least it's not to work on his fielding of bunts to the third base side, or something equally ridiculous. 

21 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Nah no worries, saw that too... a fantasy manager can dream...

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Manoah is starting today in AAA. It’s vs the same Jeter Downs/Durran BOS team he faced to open the season with 12 Ks. 

If he looks as good as he has, think it's time to speculatively add if you have the space on your roster. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, fbplayer03 said:

So how good is this guy? Is his stuff this good?  Fastball, slider? What else does he throw? How good do his pitches grade out? What's the velocity sit at on the FB?

Let's put it this way some people think he's arguably the best pitching prospect in baseball. James Anderson is one of them.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I think it’s time you start packing your bags, kid.

He also gave up 2 of his hits with 2 outs in the 6th. Might of been tiring since he only threw 76 pitches last outing or his numbers would of been even better. 

• Like 2

In 6 innings, he gave up a walk and 4 hits, one a HR to Chris Hermann and 2 hits to Danny Santana.

Jeter Downs and Jarren Duran also on that Redsox AAA squad.

• Like 2

Manoah was originally schedule to pitch Tuesday night, I believe. That the Jays moved him back a day to align with Ross Stripling (their worst starter, got lit up tonight) is likely no coincidence. 

Boys, I think we're gonna get to light the Manoah pretty soon here. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, fbplayer03 said:

He also gave up 2 of his hits with 2 outs in the 6th. Might of been tiring since he only threw 76 pitches last outing or his numbers would of been even better. 

Pitch counts are ruing the game. The barometer should be innings pitched. I like this guy. Just let him pitch.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tucker26 said:

I love this I wish there more videos of all propects/MLB players like this.

I took a couple things from this.

-that slider obviously moves, however it seems to be up a lot.  At the highest level he can't miss with it like that as often as he did in the first couple innings they'll demolish it in the AL East.  Around the (i'm guessing) 4th inning you could tell he started to get a better feel for it and started leaning on it more.  When he's on with it it's OP.

-I like his change up.  I wish he could control that better and then we'd see it more (I'm going strictly off this video).  If he is controlling the fastball and the change is going where he wants he could dominate, and that's not even including that slider.  You could see he just barely missed his spot on the outside with it when he threw it against the lefties.

-purely subjective, but he looks like he's in better shape than the pic/vids I've seen of him from previous years/college.  That's promising to me not just because it could help with longevity and pitching deeper into games, but it tell me he cares and is trying.

Signed: an employee of a pharmaceutical company who played two sports in high school and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Edited by Wytchclt55
SP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Toronto's clearly competing for the now and they could use every win they can get. I'm not sure if Manoah is ready. I don't think you ever really know. But given the lost 2020, it makes everything a complete dart throw. That said, I can see Toronto taking a stab at things and giving him a looksie pretty soon. 

• Like 2