NBC Sports Edge Forums

Was offered Kristian Robinson for McNeil in my OPS keeper. Do I make the move or hold tight? I like Robinson’s upside but would likely have to trade/buy a 2b in the auction since Hoerner is my next best 2B?

C -

1B - Muncy

2B - McNeil

3B - J Ram

SS - Tatis

LF - Yelich

CF - Marte

RF - JD Martinez

UTL - Mondesi

SP -  Verlander (IR), Sale (IR), Morton, Wheeler, Flaherty, Gausman

RP- Hendriks, Pomeranz, Diaz

whir

That's a tough one. I don't particularly like McNeil, but with how shallow 2B seems to be this season in fantasy, I think I would actually hold tight. I have tried making offers for every second baseman with a pulse this preseason and nobody is willing to deal. It also depends on who is available in your draft. If there are viable options available, then at least dealing McNeil becomes an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Assuming that:

1. This is a keep-forever league;

2. The number of keepers is high enough that either player would be a definite keeper; and

3. You're not a championship contender this year...

Then I would definitely take Robinson. McNeil's upside doesn't come close to Robinson's. This deal may cost you in 2021 but it'll pay off for years after.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, amcsoldier said:

Assuming that:

1. This is a keep-forever league;

2. The number of keepers is high enough that either player would be a definite keeper; and

3. You're not a championship contender this year...

Then I would definitely take Robinson. McNeil's upside doesn't come close to Robinson's. This deal may cost you in 2021 but it'll pay off for years after.

Keep forever. McNeil is not too expensive at $11. We keep up to 6 MiLB each year. Robinson would be one of those 6. The others are Luciano, Julio Rodriguez, Kirilloff, Dylan Carlson, and Corbin Carroll. Failed to include that initially. 
 I would consider my team a contender. I probably need a SP or two, but the offense seems solid to me. 

5 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Robinson

McNeil might lose abs

Try for 2B options like France or moore?

I’ve thought about McNeil losing ABs, but he’s been pretty solid in OPS and has positional flexibility. 

• Like 1

If I moved McNeil for KRob, I have another offer that would move my Kirilloff to get Bohm. I could then slide Muncy into 2B and Bohm to 1B.

Which side is better for a 1B/2B combo in an Ops league: Muncy and McNeil or Muncy and Bohm?

Hmm so if its Mcneil and Kiriloff for Krob and Bohm I probably take the Bohm side with the understanding that you will probably lose ABs with muncy and will lose 2B in all likelihood next year

But to me this looks like a trade just to trade, in fact since Kiriloff is going to play this year it might free up a minors slot to keep him, as KRob is still a few years away. So you could keeo Kiriloff as a MLB player and add a pretty decent MILB player in that spot, right? I think Id stand pat and enjoy the positional flexibility of both Mcneil and Muncy this year

• Like 1