NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marcell Ozuna 2021 Outlook

43 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

I was just speaking out to legal possibilities in respect to those saying he’s definitely done based on a police report. Do you believe that all police reports are unimpeachable? Do you believe that there there would never be a justification for restraining or striking a woman in self defense? Sure, I can’t see too many situations either, but again it’s probably not zero. But in a court of law, if it was determined that the woman (hypothetically) just told him F you I just banged your brother and then things escalated verbally, names are called, she starts thrusting a knife at you and chased you around with it, there are lawyers that could make a case that he was triggered into a psychological state brought on by her actions and words. I’m not saying that’s remotely what happened or even if it’s justifiable. I’m saying it could have been what transpired or something like that. And a legal case could be made that someone who is unstable with a history of violence could have done something like this. It’s probably not provable unless she were to confess or if there was video capturing the events. I’m very sensitive to protecting women from domestic violence. I would think 99.999% of the time the man is at fault. But there is a factor that she has a history and that we don’t know the whole story - subject to a full investigation and/or trial. She’s already backtracking and they’re saying the policeman misrepresenting what happened. That and some fancy lawyering, and who knows what happens. For the record, if he assaulted her and did so unlawfully, he should get the full extent of the penalty that the law and courts will allow. All I said was there’s a non-zero chance that there’s more to the story given her history. 

1.  Yes - I do believe police reports.  99.9999% of them are spot on accurate except for the very few bad apples.

2.  You're speculating WILDLY based on facts that don't exist.  End of story.

3.  I'm strictly speaking off of facts of the story - not speculation.

4.  You continue to talk about a woman who hit her husband with a soap dish vs a professional athlete who physically assaulted then strangled a petite woman in plain sight to police officers on the scene.  Please stop mentioning over and over again about her "history".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

1.  Yes - I do believe police reports.  99.9999% of them are spot on accurate except for the very few bad apples.

2.  You're speculating WILDLY based on facts that don't exist.  End of story.

3.  I'm strictly speaking off of facts of the story - not speculation.

4.  You continue to talk about a woman who hit her husband with a soap dish vs a professional athlete who physically assaulted then strangled a petite woman in plain sight to police officers on the scene.  Please stop mentioning over and over again about her "history".

So we agree that there’s a non-zero chance that the report could be inaccurate. 

16 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

So we agree that there’s a non-zero chance that the report could be inaccurate. 

I absolutely have ZERO clue what you mean by "non-zero chance that the report could be inaccurate".  Sorry.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Yeah they downgraded his charge from strangling to just normal domestic violence. They confirmed he’s caught on camera seriously hurting her 

Is that recent or are you making a joke? If it’s recent please source it. If it’s a joke... ha I guess...

3 minutes ago, treyjuice said:

Is that recent or are you making a joke? If it’s recent please source it. If it’s a joke... ha I guess...

Not a joke.  not a felony because he wasn’t strangulating. But they are basing assault charges based on body cam video so it’s almost certainly true that he did assault.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:10 PM, treyjuice said:

Congrats to all who sold him before the league wanted him out

12 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Is this supposed to be sarcastic, cause anyone who sold him made out like a bandit this year lol 

No - it’s meant to be serious.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

Is this supposed to be sarcastic, cause anyone who sold him made out like a bandit this year lol 

The guy who wrote this seems mad that I made a comment about Adolis Garcia being exposed as terrible and brought it to another thread , super weird .  Like Adolis , looks like Ozuna isn’t going to be helping fantasy owners much during the stretch this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd guess if you sold or bought Ozuna it was a dynasty/keeper league, because it was pretty obvious that his value this year was close to 0. Even before he was hurt/suspended his value was pretty close to 0 so far this year. Buying very cheap in a dynasty could turn out to be a good move, possibly. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

I'd guess if you sold or bought Ozuna it was a dynasty/keeper league, because it was pretty obvious that his value this year was close to 0. Even before he was hurt/suspended his value was pretty close to 0 so far this year. Buying very cheap in a dynasty could turn out to be a good move, possibly. 

Yup he was a no risk pickup for a lot of guys in those types of leagues . I’d say back by opening day 2022 is best case scenario at this juncture . 

53 minutes ago, treyjuice said:

The guy who wrote this seems mad that I made a comment about Adolis Garcia being exposed as terrible and brought it to another thread , super weird .  Like Adolis , looks like Ozuna isn’t going to be helping fantasy owners much during the stretch this year. 

I’m the guy who “wrote this.”  Super weird comment indeed.

Just now, Fbaseballgod said:

I’m getting confused at this point over who wrote what and which post is supposed to be “super weird” 🤣 

You need to ask the author - I’ve got nothing on this

6 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

So you called your own comment “super weird comment, indeed”??? What the heck is going on in this thread 

No.  You are confused, ‘god.

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

As easily  as FBGOD gets confused, treyjuice will have no problem putting him away early, possibly even with your finisher, The DDT !!!!

Ashland gets it.

32 minutes ago, BMcP said:

No.  You are confused, ‘god.

He said that you copying his comment from another thread was super weird.  You said “super weird comment, indeed.” I asked if you were calling his comment weird and you said no.  I asked if you were calling your own comment weird and you said no.  So what in the world were you saying.  And yes, I’m confused.  A lot.