NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marcell Ozuna 2021 Outlook

Just now, BMcP said:

I mean, what the police apparently witnessed was his bludgeoning the women with his cast and strangling her - he’s done.

Maybe, but I think this is underselling how much of an impact fame and fortune can have. Time will tell, but I think it's far too soon to say his MLB career is over. At this point dynasty/keeper fantasy owners are pretty much stuck in a holding pattern

Just now, BMcP said:

I mean, what the police apparently witnessed was his bludgeoning the woman with his cast and strangling her - he’s done.

Theoretically. The problem as I mentioned is the strange phenomenon of initial "media" reports being completely factually false. 

I'm giving it a couple days - even in redraft - at this juncture.

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

Maybe, but I think this is underselling how much of an impact fame and fortune can have. Time will tell, but I think it's far too soon to say his MLB career is over. At this point dynasty/keeper fantasy owners are pretty much stuck in a holding pattern

Shades of Deshaun Watson- if someone is offering you a trade in a dynasty/keeper, take it.  Apart from that, part ways.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

Theoretically. The problem as I mentioned is the strange phenomenon of initial "media" reports being completely factually false. 

The police themselves released a statement stating their officers witnessed the incident. Your attacks on the media seem out of place here.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Alexander Pope approves this sentiment.

9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

What about Passan’s report is false?  He reported the actual police report.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

What about Passan’s report is false?  He reported the actual police report.

30 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

...I'm giving it a couple days - even in redraft - at this juncture.

41 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

A publicly-released statement by a police department isn't a media report. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

Speaking purely in the realm of theory: he’s done-zo.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

[....] Between the injury and now this he's going to play very little this year... If he's released or traded for very little in keeper not a bad stash off you are looking towards next year.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Yeah this isn't one of those situations....  the police witnessed abuse.  It seem like there's any room for doubt on this one.

Edited by brockpapersizer

10 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Yeah this isn't one of those situations....  the police witnessed abuse.  It seem like there's any room for doubt on this one.

Have my doubts that police reports are always accurate. Seen to many times the report fits the narrative the police want to publish for whatever reason.

26 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Have my doubts that police reports are always accurate. Seen to many times the report fits the narrative the police want to publish for whatever reason.

Yes, it's much more likely that the police fabricated the report because they really wanted to screw fantasy baseball players who drafted him.

Come on. He's done for this year. He'll probably get a redemption story in a year or two when someone signs him, and that's disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

Yes, it's much more likely that the police fabricated the report because they really wanted to screw fantasy baseball players who drafted him.

Come on. He's done for this year. He'll probably get a redemption story in a year or two when someone signs him, and that's disgusting.

Didn't mean anything about fantasy baseball or the ramifications of his actions. Was talking real life and how police reports don't always reflect what actually happened. George Floyd comes to mind as a fairly recent example.

[ Let's consider the "cops have lied in the past" point as (a) noted, and (b) completely irrelevant to a situation where there's no obvious motive for anyone involved on the law enforcement side to make something like this up. This thread needs to remain focused on Ozuna's case, and not drift into any other non-baseball tangents. ]

• Like 6

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

i came here to ask this....anyone disagree?

Here's the thing...if he gets put on the restricted list, I think he'll lose that IL designation.  That may vary from league to league.  If that happens, he's hard to roster.

Dynasty...not sure.  He'll probably play again.  His wife was arrested last year at this time for hitting him with a soap dish.  They need a divorce.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

spacer.png

So I posted this before more of the story came out...

What a complete scumbag - door was open, cops saw him grabbing her by the neck & throwing her against the wall then using his cast as a weapon.  Totally fabricated report, right? *sigh..................*

COMPLETE SCUMBAG!!!!!!

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 1

Zero chance he plays again this year, for reference German received an 81 game suspension most recently for a high profile case that did not involve these kinds of details in the press. With his injury timetable he's looking at a suspension into next season, realistically, and that's assuming the Braves don't void his contract before that. This could be a situation like Antonio Brown where he gets dumped and has a lengthy suspension hanging over his head, and I'm not sure he'll ever get a chance again if that's the case. Look at Puig, and he hasn't been charged with anything, even going so far as to release a statement from his agent earlier this year that he was being unfairly judged guilty. In the court of public opinion, Ozuna is already guilty, It really depends on what Atlanta decides as to whether he'll ever play again in MLB, and he's possibly facing jail time as well. Unacceptable situation and he deserves to pay the harsh consequences.

• Like 1

I have him in a redraft and i think he's done for the year.  Maybe, and i stress maybe, he might resurface at some point in 2022.  

I'm going to wait a couple of days for due diligence purposes only, but its a forgone conclusion that he's a drop in redraft.

• Like 1

I just dumped him in my NL only league. 
Performance wise this has been a terrible season. Add in a 6-8 week injury that will sit him past the all star break and now a domestic violence charge that can keep him out longer and that terrible season has turned into a nightmare of a season.

At this point I don’t want nothing to do with Mr. Marcel Ozuna. This season will go down in infamy on my personal all time bust list!