NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keeper Question - Syndergaard or K. Hayes

I'm in a keep 10 keeper league (Salary Cap).  I have $1 left I keeper budget to fill from the below guys ($130 keeper budget).  Once you keep a player, the salary for year 2 changes to 50% of the player's then going cost.  In other words, if I kept Syndergaard for $1 this year, and he bounces back to form, I could keep him for 1/2 of his 2022 avg auction price.  So if he's going in auctions for $36 (for example), I can keep him next year for $18.  In year three, the keeper cost is the average of the year 2 cost and the current auction price.   In other words, keepers' value diminish over time.  So if K. Hayes pops big time early in the season, his value skyrockets in the league (trade or keep).    

The $1 I have to choose from are:

Syndergaard ($1), K. Hayes ($1), Jordan Hicks ($1), T. Rosenthal ($1), A. Rutschman ($1). 

Already keeping: 

Acuna $46

Bellinger $31

Bichette $16

Robert $15

Darvish $20

Karinchak $1 

Others that I'm planning to let go as I have no room: Lindor $37; Y. Alvarez $11; Hiura $10; Gurriel Jr. $4; S. Gray $11. 

I could also choose to let go of say Bellinger, and keep other cheaper players to fill out 10 keepers if I wanted.  

10 Team 5x5 roto with QS instead of wins. 

Thanks for any thoughts!   Link me your question and I'll chime in on that as well.  

Honestly I would throw Darvish back and keep Thor, Hayes, Gurriel, and either Hiura or YA with your savings. Better to spread your money out than bank on a mid-30s SP repeating his 60 game success. 

Toss back you're last two players and keep Hayes & Rutschman in those keeper spots. Next then get rid of those remaining 3 from you're choose list. And get more offensive players, then pick whichever one you like the most for that last keeper pick. 

3 hours ago, thatguy725 said:

Honestly I would throw Darvish back and keep Thor, Hayes, Gurriel, and either Hiura or YA with your savings. Better to spread your money out than bank on a mid-30s SP repeating his 60 game success. 

Thought about doing this actually.  Pitching is just so tough in this league to get in the draft.  A lot of guys hoard pitchers as keepers.