NBC Sports Edge Forums

Team 11 is putting alot of his eggs in the KC Royals basket. Mondesi at 11, Whit at 20 where he would have likely had a 50ish % chance to have him fall to round 3 at pick 41 but as they say get your guys. Sal Perez in rnd 6, Soler in rnd 9. He took Singer and Minor in rounds 16 and 17 as well. If the Royals have a big improvements like the 60 game White Sox or Padres improvements from 2019 he could be a force but if the Royals struggle so will he as all his SB's are pretty much in those first 2 picks.

Team 13 is a NFBC hall of famer and he went 9 straight hitters, 10 of 12 and didn't take a SP until round 13 and that was Gonsolin. 9 out of his 14 pitchers were relievers and 2 more are arms that likely start in the bull pen. I'm a fun of high risk high reward strategies like this, if his ratios go as planned (he needs to get to at least 1000 innings pitched so he'll have to stream/use some SP's but if he can get elite ratios he will have a strong chance to win or cash, if his ratios are even middle of the pack however he is likely drawing dead.

I have deGrom and Cole 1-2 in 15 teamers, in this particular draft Kershaw and Woodruff both made it to the round 2-3 turn but I often seen them going before.

I hate everything on team 3 after Acuna. Bregman at 28, (I'm currently in a Main Event Qualifier and got him at 61) 5 Pitchers in the first 8 rounds he will need Corbin and or Paddack to be in 2019 form or imo he's drawing dead.

I like team 8 especially if Yates bounces back.

Team 9 I don't know if he did it intentionally or not but is likely punting batting average, So in rounds 11, 12 and 16 I am not a fan of Didi, Tapia and JTurner as I don't think he gains much if any SGP in average so would have been better going Schwarber, Riley and Dejong.

Team 14 looks solid but in this particular draft Closers didn't get pushed up as they do in others, he took Hendricks at 44 and then Hader didn't go until pick 64 and from what I usually see is that they usually go much closer together.

FAAB and hitting on some breakouts like it often does will likely decide the winner here.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, turner46 said:

I like team 8 especially if Yates bounces back.

I like 8 too.  trout's a bit of a steal here, in a stand alone, not needing a million steals.  Plus, people starting to act like it's a lock that he gets under 5 steals or something. Not true.

He got several guys who are going to chip in steals here and there.  Rizzo and DeJong are 2 of them, and both great values overall.  Cutch as well.

Like his staff. I'm high on Glasnow, less so on Beuller, but he could obviously be a monster. His midlevel guys are all solid, reliable, with firm holds on jobs.

Team 7 makes much less sense. Turner over Trout in a stand alone? I guess MAYBE, but then he follows it up with Tim Anderson and Pham, both of whom I like.  But if I already have Turner, no way in heck I'm taking Tim Anderson over Xander.  

Fun to look at this stuff. I wonder who these players are.  Someone mentioned one is a NFBC HOFer.  Anybody just having fun?

----

Got me thinking about "high stakes."  High stakes in fantasy are pretty low, compared to other forms of gambling. Not that I, personally, have 5k to dump into a league where I'm a dog.  But it's half the wsop main event, which lasts a week, as opposed to many months.  And the NFBC main event costs a mildly bad night of 2-5 no limit hold em. 

Somewhere out there, there are home leagues with 25k buy ins.  If I were someone like Rob Silver or Tristan, I'd try to figure out how I could get into those. I'm sure there are leagues that would let them in just because they'd get a kick out of being in a league with the "famous" experts and trying to beat them.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

15 team stand alone. 5x5.  5k buy in.  Winner gets 40k.  

thoughts?  Degrom goes 1.1.  Mondesi 1.11.  Darvish and Bauer over beiber

https://draft.shgn.com/nfc/public/dp/1209/grid

I listened to the first few rounds last night and some owners had some draft strategies that were a little different than normal. I've looked around some but haven't been able to find this draft board showing the names associated with the individual draft slots. Would love to see that as there are certain guys I give more credence to than others.

Thanks for sharing this. 

5 hours ago, GamblorLA said:

Got me thinking about "high stakes."  High stakes in fantasy are pretty low, compared to other forms of gambling. Not that I, personally, have 5k to dump into a league where I'm a dog.  But it's half the wsop main event, which lasts a week, as opposed to many months.  And the NFBC main event costs a mildly bad night of 2-5 no limit hold em. 

Somewhere out there, there are home leagues with 25k buy ins.  If I were someone like Rob Silver or Tristan, I'd try to figure out how I could get into those. I'm sure there are leagues that would let them in just because they'd get a kick out of being in a league with the "famous" experts and trying to beat them.

I think the highest nfbc goes is 15k which is the platinum league.  there's probably some out there that are even higher.  

1 minute ago, Crusaderfan said:

I listened to the first few rounds last night and some owners had some draft strategies that were a little different than normal. I've looked around some but haven't been able to find this draft board showing the names associated with the individual draft slots. Would love to see that as there are certain guys I give more credence to than others.

Thanks for sharing this. 

I have their last names, I wrote them down so i may be spelling them wrong.

Team 1 Mike the Mouth

Team 2 Einhorn

Team 3 Semsel

Team 4 Fleming

Team 5 Pearlmulter

Team 6 Palavis

Team 7 Duponte

Team 8 Mager

Team 9 Ringle

Team 10 Eshenfelder

Team 11 Thelen

Team 12 Horton